FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Mk1 now with Gloss Black External Trim

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AndyT557 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie
Now has his thingy in place!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT557 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mk1 now with Gloss Black External Trim
    Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 4:46pm
Hi all,

Finally got round to getting all the silver coloured external trim & roof bars repainted/powder coated gloss black to match the wheels.

The side wing vents, rear diffuser and roof bars were removed from the vehicle.  Not that difficult to do either.  The front bumper trim inserts however were a completely different kettle of monkeys.  The manual reckons the whole front bumper assy needs to be removed to get the trim off.  Not gonna do that so the front trim was sprayed in-situ.

The black rubber roof trim was also removed for a proper clean.  Wish I'd took photos cos the cr*p/dirt/algae/green yukky stuff that was in the channel under the rubber trim was just disgusting.  Not now though, the channel has been thoroughly cleaned/polished and rubber trim refitted with new double-sided tape.

I'm happy enough to keep the chrome trim, I just felt the silver parts didn't quite look right.

Definitely very happy with the result.  Hope most of you agree.

Andy T

Titanium 2.0 TDCi AWD, 163PS, Frozen White; App & Conv Pack; 19" 5-spoke Alloys; Ford DRL's; TDS; Factory Fitted Towbar, Flaps & Mats; Kuga bootliner.
Sponsored Links

mikesmith2939 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mikesmith2939 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 5:13am
I like the black, sets off nicely against the white
MK1 CDTI Titanium with appearance pack and powershift. 150 bhp.
Levz65 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Levz65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 9:55am
Looks really good, like the black against the white makes it stand out more, 
where did you get the rear bumper protector from?

60 plate Panther Black Titanium 2wd with Panoramic Glass Roof, front and rear sensors, full leather
AndyT557 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie
Now has his thingy in place!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT557 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Levz65 Levz65 wrote:

Looks really good, like the black against the white makes it stand out more, 
where did you get the rear bumper protector from?

Hi Levz65,

The bumper protector was purchased from a seller on a well-known online auction site.  Following quite a bit of research with online retailers, I chose that option because the delivery charges were a lot less than the online retailers.

If you search for the following it'll come up.  Priced at £44.09 with £6.50 postage.

BLACK RGM REAR GUARD BUMPER PAINT PROTECTOR FORD KUGA MK1 6.08> 2.13 RBP163

Regards,

Andy T

Edited by AndyT557 - 24 Sep 2016 at 11:14am
Titanium 2.0 TDCi AWD, 163PS, Frozen White; App & Conv Pack; 19" 5-spoke Alloys; Ford DRL's; TDS; Factory Fitted Towbar, Flaps & Mats; Kuga bootliner.
Levz65 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Levz65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 3:47pm
Thanks Andy T
I have seen the silver ones but the black looks good
60 plate Panther Black Titanium 2wd with Panoramic Glass Roof, front and rear sensors, full leather
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic