FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Limp Mode - Service now

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WaynePerkins13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaynePerkins13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Limp Mode - Service now
    Posted: 11 May 2017 at 12:37pm
Hi there,
I just wonder if anyone is able to offer any help or advice on a problem we are having with ou Ford Kuga
It's a 2.0tdci 163bhp 2014 / 64 plate model.
Registered Oct 2014.
Since Aug 2016 we have been having problems with it going into 'limp mode'.
This has happened now about 6 or 7 times, mostly on longer journeys.
The most recent in April 2017 on the A1. Not a nice experience.
We have had the car in 3 times at our local Ford Garage and they cannot find any fault on the computer.
We have also taken the car to the other nearby Ford dealer where we purchased the car. They too can find no fault.
By limp mode we mean that car can only go at about 50moh max and there is loss to the acceleration.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
We are worried as the car runs out of warranty in October, we have also been in touch with Ford directly to complain as we feel the car is not safe.
Sponsored Links

humming View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote humming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 1:01pm
Can I suggest that next time you use your phone to take a picture, you are not doing 40mph in a 60mph limit.

2014 Titanium X Sport AWD, 163PS 2.0 TDCi, Deep Impact Blue, bumper and bonnet protectors.
DAJJ View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 1:08pm
It shouldn't matter if the warranty runs out in October, as you have already raised the issue.
Kuga Titanium X 2.0TDCi 180 AWD, Frozen White, Appearance Pack, Sat Nav & Reverse Parking Sensors
Radders View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Radders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 1:37pm
I had a similar limp mode question last week, local Ford dealer also found nothing. My post is below if it helps.

Car has covered about 300 miles since with no repeat, so hopefully just a one off.

http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/limp-mode_topic14592.html

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaynePerkins13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 4:13pm
Hi, thanks for the replies so far.
Yes my wife took the photo whilst I was driving, our problem is still on going.
Hasn't happened since April.
Just wish it that it would so I can drive it straight to the dealers with the engine running, and fault showing on the dashboard. They said they would then be able to get a fault code.
Read several times it could be the air filter and have mentioned this to Ford.
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 4:30pm
Well there certainly was a software update or a setting for air intake for the 163ps engine for air flow, exactly the same symptoms going into limp-home mode and turning ignition off reset the message and limp home mode. In some cases I think the owner found the air filter had collapsed slightly as though it had suffered a high vacuum.

Cant the dealer check whether it has been dont or not?
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaynePerkins13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 4:49pm
I have mentioned about the possibility of the air filter and also mentioned the various forums where people have had similar issues.
Unfortunately it hasn't happened again yet.
Wish that it would.
Still don't have confidence in the car and warranty will be up in October.
Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.
tractorboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 5:25pm
Someone on the S-Max forum just had a very similar problem.  No codes stored.  With the MAF sensor disconnected the problem went away so he replaced the MAF sensor and it's been fine since.

Bob
2013 Kuga Titanium X 2.0 TDCI 163PS Powershift AWD.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic