FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Limp Mode - Service now

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WaynePerkins13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaynePerkins13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Limp Mode - Service now
    Posted: 11 May 2017 at 12:37pm
Hi there,
I just wonder if anyone is able to offer any help or advice on a problem we are having with ou Ford Kuga
It's a 2.0tdci 163bhp 2014 / 64 plate model.
Registered Oct 2014.
Since Aug 2016 we have been having problems with it going into 'limp mode'.
This has happened now about 6 or 7 times, mostly on longer journeys.
The most recent in April 2017 on the A1. Not a nice experience.
We have had the car in 3 times at our local Ford Garage and they cannot find any fault on the computer.
We have also taken the car to the other nearby Ford dealer where we purchased the car. They too can find no fault.
By limp mode we mean that car can only go at about 50moh max and there is loss to the acceleration.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
We are worried as the car runs out of warranty in October, we have also been in touch with Ford directly to complain as we feel the car is not safe.
Sponsored Links

humming View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote humming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 1:01pm
Can I suggest that next time you use your phone to take a picture, you are not doing 40mph in a 60mph limit.

2014 Titanium X Sport AWD, 163PS 2.0 TDCi, Deep Impact Blue, loads of goodies, remap, bumper and bonnet protectors, interior/exterior LED light upgrade (incl indicators), 16" winter 19" summer wheels.
DAJJ View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 1:08pm
It shouldn't matter if the warranty runs out in October, as you have already raised the issue.
Kuga Titanium X 2.0TDCi 180 AWD, Frozen White, Appearance Pack, Sat Nav & Reverse Parking Sensors
Radders View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Radders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 1:37pm
I had a similar limp mode question last week, local Ford dealer also found nothing. My post is below if it helps.

Car has covered about 300 miles since with no repeat, so hopefully just a one off.

http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/limp-mode_topic14592.html

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaynePerkins13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 4:13pm
Hi, thanks for the replies so far.
Yes my wife took the photo whilst I was driving, our problem is still on going.
Hasn't happened since April.
Just wish it that it would so I can drive it straight to the dealers with the engine running, and fault showing on the dashboard. They said they would then be able to get a fault code.
Read several times it could be the air filter and have mentioned this to Ford.
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 4:30pm
Well there certainly was a software update or a setting for air intake for the 163ps engine for air flow, exactly the same symptoms going into limp-home mode and turning ignition off reset the message and limp home mode. In some cases I think the owner found the air filter had collapsed slightly as though it had suffered a high vacuum.

Cant the dealer check whether it has been dont or not?
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaynePerkins13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 4:49pm
I have mentioned about the possibility of the air filter and also mentioned the various forums where people have had similar issues.
Unfortunately it hasn't happened again yet.
Wish that it would.
Still don't have confidence in the car and warranty will be up in October.
Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.
tractorboy View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 5:25pm
Someone on the S-Max forum just had a very similar problem.  No codes stored.  With the MAF sensor disconnected the problem went away so he replaced the MAF sensor and it's been fine since.

Bob
2013 Kuga Titanium X 2.0 TDCI 163PS Powershift AWD.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaynePerkins13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 1:58pm
Thanks for replys so far.
Just to update, I have once again emailed Ford to ask for their help.
The local Ford dealers are still saying with no fault code we can't find anything wrong.
I'm still not happy with this attitude.
Ford head office called me this week after an email was sent to Ford CEO
I got a phone call on Monday to say we are looking into it and then again on Weds that we are looking into it.
Today Friday 25th May, I had a phone to say what has been told to me repeatedly.
Ford can't do anything without a fault code.
I'm very annoyed, no one wants to seem to deal with it and attempt to put things right.
Can someone please advise me what I can do with this problem.
Many thanks
gemsyj77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemsyj77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 4:04pm
Hi there,

Iread your posts and have an identical issue, same car, same year, same problem. Ford have basically said unless fault is on when they plug it in then tough!! and when it goes out of warranty.... tough again!! Its ridiculous.

I have read various things about DPF and MAF and have no idea what it is or what I DO??

I am going to email CEO tonight also, have you rectified anything or found anything out yourself yet??

Thanks

Gemma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaynePerkins13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 4:05pm
Hi there,
Just an update.
Yes we emailed CEO of Ford got a call back a few days later.
Someone else was assigned to handle it but the same dribble as has already been said.
Only can do something when we have the fault code.
Whatever happened to a good old mechanic being able to find and sort the problem.
Conversation ended unhappily again.
But great news today , the car went into Limp Mode again and this time we got it to a Ford garage and left the engine running.
We now have the fault code !
Let's see what Ford do now or what excuse they might come up with !!
The code is P2263 if it helps anyone else.

Will let you know how we get on.
Also next week the car is booked in with Ford technical man coming over from head office. Should be interesting.
Alan1005 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan1005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by WaynePerkins13 WaynePerkins13 wrote:

Hi there,
Just an update.
Yes we emailed CEO of Ford got a call back a few days later.
Someone else was assigned to handle it but the same dribble as has already been said.
Only can do something when we have the fault code.
Whatever happened to a good old mechanic being able to find and sort the problem.
Conversation ended unhappily again.
But great news today , the car went into Limp Mode again and this time we got it to a Ford garage and left the engine running.
We now have the fault code !
Let's see what Ford do now or what excuse they might come up with !!
The code is P2263 if it helps anyone else.

Will let you know how we get on.
Also next week the car is booked in with Ford technical man coming over from head office. Should be interesting.

That code is generic across the Ford range and appears to be related to a turbo boost pressure inbalance.... Hopefully they will sort it and it will just be a faulty or dirty sensor
https://www.autocodes.com/p2263_ford.html

2015 Kuga Titanium X Sport AWD 180PS Moondust Silver. Factory fit tow bar, Adaptive cruise control, Family pack, Driver assist pack, Keyless with hands free tailgate, BLIS.

Artur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 7:51pm
Hi my name is Artur and I have same problem with my 2013 kuga 163ps. P2263 fault on my torque app. I have phoned ford mechanic and asked about software update, explained him what's the problem and of course he said that my car needs fully diagnostic test and then they will know what's up.I have been talking to dozen people from all over the Europe who had the same problem and update seems to do the job.Till now I was really happy with my kuga but now I am starting to have some doubts...It has only 26k on the clock, serviced by ford garage, there is no record of any factory recall.Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic