FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

LHD drive headlights to RHD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Briggo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Briggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LHD drive headlights to RHD
    Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 6:48pm
Hi. All
Can anyone help
Me. I
Live in Portugal and have just Purchased a 2017 Kuga in July this year. It is the business model. I am about to travel to the U.K. on a visit and am finding it confusing as to headlight reflection. As you will know I have not got Zenon light but bulb light and not sure if they need to have reflectors fitted as it is a LHD drive and I need to set as RHD drive when on the UK. Can anyone advise the best solution as I am getting diffent advice on the subject.

I
Have ordered a reflector set but not sure if I need them as someone said if you got them it could cause heat problems to the Headlight and cause problems
Sponsored Links

Smokieno1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokieno1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 12:42pm
For a definitive answer, why not ask a ford dealer or Ford customer service through Facebook?
Briggo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Briggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 12:48pm
Thanks Smokieno1

I have spoken to my Ford dealer but as he is only an agent here in Portugal he has no idea. I have thought sent an email to Ford Customer Relations and await a reply.

Thanks anyway
tractorboy View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 4:07pm
I don't think you do.  In the UK the beams have to kick up on the nearside, but as far as I know, in the rest of Europe the beams are flat.  So, a UK model needs to lose the kick-ups when driving on the right  but a flat beam should be OK in the UK.

Bob
2013 Kuga Titanium X 2.0 TDCI 163PS Powershift AWD.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic