FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Kugas destroyed by fire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
essexeddie View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by superbock superbock wrote:

May I suggest that if it is an engine fire and you have the firefighting  equipment. ,that you only crack open the bonnet about two inches then give the fire a good blast from your extinguisher 
 If the fire does not go out then repeat the drill . 

(Ex Greater Manchester Fireman )

Standard procedure. (bet you've had a few in Manchester )

Edited by essexeddie - 19 Jul 2014 at 5:04pm
KUGA-EDD

The Essex 'KUGA KID'

Driving a 2010 AWD Frozen White Zetec, 47MPG Urban.   With a thingy. And new nuts.
Sponsored Links

HugaKuga View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!
The forums Youtube & Google King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HugaKuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 8:35pm
Could you imagine "cracking the bonnet" on a Kuga if there's a fire under the bonnet ... it's not like there's a simple and convenient bonnet pull like in most cars ..  using the key / false badge - don't twist too hard ... ow my fingers ... 
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by HugaKuga HugaKuga wrote:

Could you imagine "cracking the bonnet" on a Kuga if there's a fire under the bonnet ... it's not like there's a simple and convenient bonnet pull like in most cars ..  using the key / false badge - don't twist too hard ... ow my fingers ... 

It can be tricky, fortunately not all cars have the same stupid system as the Kuga.
KUGA-EDD

The Essex 'KUGA KID'

Driving a 2010 AWD Frozen White Zetec, 47MPG Urban.   With a thingy. And new nuts.
unsure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unsure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 10:56am
Hi

Well Ford have 'logged' it and advised me to get assistance from my insurers. I suppose that's it then. Thank you to all who assisted with suggestions. I've replaced the Kuga with a Honda CRV - I suppose I'd better look for their forum to see if there are any problems ....
Valkyrie_Kuga View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valkyrie_Kuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 11:53am
Fingers crossed for you mate and good luck with the Honda.

I've just started researching the Kia Sorrento owners club which must be by the same people who runs this Kuga club because it looks identical and is superb !

I've also sussed that the 2013/14 KX2 Sorrento is the one to go for with the auto box not the manual because it has a smelly clutch when towing apparently ! Other than that, no limp mode/engine /towing problems at all that I can see !

Check for a Honda Forum mate.........just found one actually

minimadgriff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minimadgriff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 7:55pm
No matter what forum you are on and no matter what car it is you will find people/cars with problems.

BUT what you have to remember is people only really pipe up when they have an issue or want to complain. What about the many, many more people that don't have issues or complaints? They are not all on the forums saying how wonderful the car ( what ever it maybe) is.

Every make and model has it's problems, to think otherwise is very blinkered and deluded.

Edited by minimadgriff - 25 Jul 2014 at 7:56pm
Sea Grey Titanium AWD Kuga. App Pack, BT/VC/USB, 18" wheels, FX NAV, etc etc
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 8:04pm
Well said MG. Had mine for over three years without any problems. Its a great tow car and actually one of the best I have had.
KUGA-EDD

The Essex 'KUGA KID'

Kuga65 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuga65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 8:56pm
I totally agree with Minimadgriff, the Kuga is the best car I've ever had, and I would certainly get another one.
Even the Kia have problems with the auto gear box. Here is the link for it http://www.kiaownersclub.co.uk/forum/autobox-problem_topic19860.html

Edited by Kuga65 - 25 Jul 2014 at 9:02pm
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by unsure unsure wrote:

Hi

Well Ford have 'logged' it and advised me to get assistance from my insurers. I suppose that's it then. Thank you to all who assisted with suggestions. I've replaced the Kuga with a Honda CRV - I suppose I'd better look for their forum to see if there are any problems ....

What do you think of the CRV against the Kuga, obviously you prefered it? My choice was Kuga Titanium X or CRV EX. I liked the way the CRV doors close and the way the rear seats fold, both by magic. However, both me and my Wife didnt like the seats which allowed you to slip and shuffle when taking corners leven at less than smartly they seemed to be for a wider person. Interior lighting was still fillament lamps and the BIG speedo was BIG and the glass roof I suspect will open one day and make it a plus. Quality of the CRV was very good and is in a different league to the Kuga finish, but the Kuga won. But still thinking about the CRV doors.Smile
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valkyrie_Kuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 9:23pm
Totally agree with all the recent comments and I'm well aware of forum sites usually talking about the problem issues.

As far as I'm concerned really if my personal Kuga worked as it should do then I too would be singing its praises because I love the car when its going great, believe me !

But after 3 months of it going to s#it you get a little fed up, right ?

Lets hope the future fix for us guys with the issues will have the car going just great and we can all live in the perfect world of some !

Until then I wish everyone with Kugas going great all the best but wonder what they'll actually be saying if/when it goes wrong !!!

Fingers crossed for you !

By the way, the Kia you mention is a 2005 model too......my car isn't a year old yet !

Edited by Valkyrie_Kuga - 25 Jul 2014 at 9:26pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minimadgriff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 10:11pm
When mine goes wrong, I'll be fixing it same as if it was ANY other car. Things break, things go wrong, it can happen to any make or model.

I understand how frustrating on going problems can be (I work with cars day in, day out) but you can buy any make or model and have problem car but then again it isn't always the car. It can be who is trying to fix it.

Only way to avoid break downs and problems with cars is to walk but then you (not aimed at anyone) are on footwear forums saying your trainers have worn out or on medical forums about your legs having issues..

Edited by minimadgriff - 25 Jul 2014 at 10:13pm
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valkyrie_Kuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 11:08pm
[QUOTE=minimadgriff] When mine goes wrong, I'll be fixing it same as if it was ANY other car. Things break, things go wrong, it can happen to any make or model.

I understand how frustrating on going problems can be (I work with cars day in, day out) but you can buy any make or model and have problem car but then again it isn't always the car. It can be who is trying to fix it.

Only way to avoid break downs and problems with cars is to walk but then you (not aimed at anyone) are on footwear forums saying your trainers have worn out or on medical forums about your legs having issues..

Valkyrie says.....
"When mine goes wrong !"......ha ! So you've been reading the posts and expecting it then, ha ! Classic !!!

Edited by Valkyrie_Kuga - 25 Jul 2014 at 11:11pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minimadgriff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 11:12pm
It's a car, at some point something will wear out or break. It's what happens.

My Alternator failed last year and the year before that part of the ABS module......Yes it's annoying and costs money but I just repaired it.

These are things than can fail on ANY car. Especially as the Teves MK60 (ABS module) that failed is fitted to most cars on the road and alternators are fitted to pretty much all cars!

Edited by minimadgriff - 25 Jul 2014 at 11:19pm
HugaKuga View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!
The forums Youtube & Google King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HugaKuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 8:33pm
Taxi5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taxi5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2015 at 8:10pm
My 2010 kuga just completely burnt out on a trip home via the M6. I've had it since new, full dealer service, 60k and until now no major issues.

Warning message at 70mph stating steering malfunction upon which I pulled over. The electrics started playing up (speed dials stopped working) and really worrying the hazard lights failed.

Pulled into the service station in Keele and within 5 mins the engine bay was flaming and the car is a total wreck. All the family are ok and it could have been much worse if the flames had of started at 70. The steering did fail - no power, but we managed to glide in all ok.

I'm not bashing the kuga as it was a solid car. But a failure like this is not acceptable and should not happen so I'm asking if anyone has had a similar experience in any way.

BruceKuga View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BruceKuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2015 at 8:21pm
Good news that you are all ok.   I think there have been a couple of instances of fires, which were mentioned on the forum. Let's hope the insurance are ok with the money
June '16 Titanium X 180 AWD Shadow &
June '17 Titanium 150 2WD Magnetic
Taxi5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taxi5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2015 at 8:27pm
Does anyone know how this ended?   Mine just went up in flames as well
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2015 at 8:35pm
Pleased your Ok, think manufacturer should be contacted as well, good luck and hope your claim goes OK
MK2 Titanium X Sport in Panther Black, wind deflectors, bumper and bonnet protectors
Taxi5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taxi5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2015 at 8:41pm
Tks. Searching now and going through the news reports. Looks to be a few out there.
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2015 at 9:09pm
Something heavy (current wise) if it pulled the electrics down first.

Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic