FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Kugas destroyed by fire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
hogan14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogan14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kugas destroyed by fire
    Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 11:50am
Hello my Kuga just caught fire yesterday for no reason, look like a electrical fault with the cooling fan,
Sponsored Links

hogan14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogan14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 11:56am
lizandjam View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizandjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 12:25pm
Oh my god! Are you ok? What engine 'did' you have?

Jamie
Kuga #2 - 2016 TDCI AWD 180 Titanium X Sport Powershift in Deep Impact Blue with Family Pack
hogan14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogan14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 1:11pm
Kuga MK1 Titanium 2.0 TDCI 2wd, Just got out of the car to go shopping luckly
Colonel Camel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colonel Camel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 1:23pm
Glad you are at least ok

Sorry to see the car in that state though Cry

I may be left handed BUT I'm always right!!
Hamster View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 1:58pm
Well, you don't see that everyday.

How come the cooling fan gets the blame?

H

Alandee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alandee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 2:20pm
Oh dear, what a mess, hope you are all OK.  All you need now is a £50 Parking Ticket for overstaying the 3 hr limit in the Car Park Wink
Titanium 2.0 TDCi 163PS Manual AWD in Sterling Grey, SONY DAB Audio/Sat Nav with Rear View Camera, Appearance Pack, Convenience Pack.
ric8ard View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ric8ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 4:57pm
OUCH   made a mess     hop  you are  ok  and  insurance pays out
Titanium kev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titanium kev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 9:08pm
Sorry to see your car in that state hope your  insurance pays out well and you get it sorted without to many problems. Thumbs Down
2014 2.0 TDCI I63PS AWD TITANIUM X SPORT POWERSHIFT AUTO;FROZEN WHITE;CONV-PACK;APP-PACK KEYLESS LOCKING;SONY DAB/CD;USB;FORD SYNC;FRONT&REAR PARKING SENSORS; 19INCH WHEELS,SATNAV,REARCAMERA, BODYKIT.
HugaKuga View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!
The forums Youtube & Google King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HugaKuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 11:00pm
That's shocking Hogan, glad you're ok and hope you get things sorted ...
hogan14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogan14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 9:11am
Still waiting on the Insurance, should pay out ? no parking fine yet lol, phoned Ford uk and get a call center in India not good
Amanda03 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 2:25pm
O dear I hope this wasn't from a Common Fault.

I think the Lady was ok as she was stood talking to Police officers when I passed.

& by the time I passed the car was totally destroyed so much so I thought it was a Golf !!

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/car-destroyed-early-morning-blaze-7335473#.U61SvrTQ_Y0.twitter
White Kuga Titanium X - 2012 4WD - With reversing Camera :-)
malph View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 6:42pm
That's the 2nd one reported this month . See the Mk1 technical section page 2. Somewhat worrying!
Lunar Sky Titanium X 163 AWD, Powershift, Appearance/Convenience Packs, 19" and Mud Flaps - Now sold. Now an Audi Q3 211bhp SLine.
HugaKuga View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!
The forums Youtube & Google King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HugaKuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 7:07pm
Shocked wonder what caused it .... 
merlin1947 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merlin1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2014 at 7:03pm
First look tells us the driver was in control when the car was stopped so possibly not electrical, possible fuel onto hot manifold, looks like a petrol version, wouldn't have thought there was much salvagable by time fire service got there.

merlin1947
And then--as if by magic.

2008 titanium TDCI AWD
Morph View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 8:13am
Originally posted by merlin1947 merlin1947 wrote:

First look tells us the driver was in control when the car was stopped so possibly not electrical, possible fuel onto hot manifold, looks like a petrol version, wouldn't have thought there was much salvagable by time fire service got there.

merlin1947

How can you tell that it's a petrol?

Deep Impact ST Line 180PS AWD, Nav, Camera, Drivers Pack, ST Style Pack, Family Pack, Winter Pack, 19's, Towbar, Keyless.
Morph View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 8:15am
Power steering fluid and brake fluid are very flammable when they come into contact with anything hot.

Pretty sure the one the other day was something to do with the cooling fan catching fire.

Deep Impact ST Line 180PS AWD, Nav, Camera, Drivers Pack, ST Style Pack, Family Pack, Winter Pack, 19's, Towbar, Keyless.
EddieKUGA View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EddieKUGA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Morph Morph wrote:

Originally posted by merlin1947 merlin1947 wrote:

merlin1947

How can you tell that it's a petrol?

I was thinking this also……. The only difference is a 2.5T badge, a TDCi badge (140PS) or no badge on a 163 PS TDCi…..
2012 Kuga Titanium X TDCi 163PS AWD, Panther Black, Appearance pack, 19" 5-spoke alloys (16" Steels + Nokian WRA3 for winter), 7" Touchscreen Nav+, Witter flanged detachable towbar, + loads more...
merlin1947 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merlin1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 7:13pm
Morph.
educated guess only I'm afraid, 30 years as a fire officer!

merlin1947
And then--as if by magic.

2008 titanium TDCI AWD
championkuga View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote championkuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2014 at 10:18pm
Sadly, I passed a shunt between a Kuga and Fiesta at the weekend. The Fiesta looked like it had taken it the worst, right up the back end! (hard) From what I could see, the Kuga had minimal crumpling and both drivers exchanging details seemed to be pretty philosophical. Guess that's what we pay insurance for?

On a lighter note, good to see you're still about Malph!
Stratus Grey XF Jaguar Sportbrake Portfolio S 3.0
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic