New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Kuga tailgate mesh / screen / apple catcher thingy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Kuga tailgate mesh / screen / apple catcher thingy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Maxis View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 7:21am
Originally posted by Philhill Philhill wrote:

On a completely different mundane note, how do I put a note at the end of my posts that says what type of kuga I've got ... When I get it !

Go into members control panel (top left) then "Profile Information" then near the bottom you will see "Signature", enter kuga details there Thumbs Up
Was a 163PS AWD Titanium Individual, Panther Black Kuga
Sponsored Links

Niall View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!
Billy no mates shiny NEW car!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 11:33am
Oh dear Andy - was that you, or did you get your Avatar 'modernamed'?

BTW, my Mum has offered to crochet a thingy for you, and Mrs. Niall reckons a pair of black stockings might do the job in the meantime (I have tried to explain that giving a pair of stockings to a man can never end well, but didn't want to go into details, for personal reasons).

Cheers,
BNMSC
2.0TDCi 163PS AWD Titanium X PowerShift; Lunar Sky; Dec '12; Conv-Pack, App-Pack, SD SatNav + Rev. Camera; 8-off 18" Alloys + Continental Summers/Dunlop Winters; Seat Trays; Thingy; KOC TDH; BSG !!
potato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote potato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 11:40am
I have the net thingy, but the clips have snapped off, don't know if the clips can be replaced.
Michael106tt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael106tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 12:42pm
Hey Potato, maybe you and Andy could time share the Thingy and the thingies!
Micastone Titanium 163. DRL's, appearance pack and Bluetooth. Parking sensors next week!
AndyT557 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie
Now has his thingy in place!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT557 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by potato potato wrote:

I have the net thingy, but the clips have snapped off, don't know if the clips can be replaced.

Potato,

If your clips cannot be replaced, can I have your thingy?

Edited by AndyT557 - 04 Sep 2011 at 2:18pm
Titanium 2.0 TDCi AWD, 163PS, Frozen White; App & Conv Pack; 19" 5-spoke Alloys; Ford DRL's; TDS; Factory Fitted Towbar, Flaps & Mats; Kuga bootliner.
AndyT557 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT557 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Niall Niall wrote:

Oh dear Andy - was that you, or did you get your Avatar 'modernamed'?

BTW, my Mum has offered to crochet a thingy for you, and Mrs. Niall reckons a pair of black stockings might do the job in the meantime (I have tried to explain that giving a pair of stockings to a man can never end well, but didn't want to go into details, for personal reasons).

Cheers,
BNMSC

Niall,

Thank your Mum for the offer but can I try my luck at Ford first?  Oh, and do people still crochet?  I thought that past-time went out with the Victorian era.  Would they be Mrs. Nialls stockings or yours?

LOL
Titanium 2.0 TDCi AWD, 163PS, Frozen White; App & Conv Pack; 19" 5-spoke Alloys; Ford DRL's; TDS; Factory Fitted Towbar, Flaps & Mats; Kuga bootliner.
26alan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 26alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 6:24pm
I've just been to have a quick look at my Kuga, before taking delivery on Tuesday.
While I was having a look around I noticed that the net thingy was missing, and when I pointed this out the saleman reply 'd, that it doesn't have one, as I've got privacy glass fitted.
Looks like It's hit or miss if you have privacy glass fitted.

Edited by 26alan - 04 Sep 2011 at 6:25pm
Panther Black Titanium AWD 163 PS PowerShift / 19's Wheels / App Pack / Sony DAB Bluetooth + usb / Rear parking sensors,"Thingy".
Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by 26alan 26alan wrote:

I've just been to have a quick look at my Kuga, before taking delivery on Tuesday.
While I was having a look around I noticed that the net thingy was missing, and when I pointed this out the saleman reply 'd, that it doesn't have one, as I've got privacy glass fitted.
Print off this thread and tell him he's talking rubbish (I'm being polite here) as there's been comments on here from others with the appearance pack who have the mesh in place.
09 Zetec with factory fitted: parking sensors, xenon headlights, roof rails, tyre deflation system
Feel like adding your Kuga pictures to Flickr?
AndyT557 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT557 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Gazwats Gazwats wrote:

Print off this thread and tell him he's talking rubbish (I'm being polite here) as there's been comments on here from others with the appearance pack who have the mesh in place.

I'm quite expecting to get told I don't need it because I have privacy glass, but as Gazwats said, whoever I see will be told there talking sh*te and to take a look at these posts in the forum.  If no joy then i'll be writing another letter of complaint to Ford Customer Relationship Center.

Andy
26alan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 26alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 7:59pm
When I go back on Tuesday, I'll check and see if I can see through the glass into the boot. Confused
Panther Black Titanium AWD 163 PS PowerShift / 19's Wheels / App Pack / Sony DAB Bluetooth + usb / Rear parking sensors,"Thingy".
Dr_Niss View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Niss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 8:05pm

When I go back on Tuesday, I'll check and see if I can see through the glass into the boot. Confused

Put something white in the boot and see if you can see it.
I can see a newspaper on the back seat through the privacy glass in the side window unless I put a dark cover over it.
09 Xetec 4WD. Panther Black. Convenience pack. Appearance Pack. Factory fitted removable towbar. Blue footwell lights. Bumper protector. Mud Flaps. Lockwood SS sill protectors Thingy.
26alan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 26alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 8:20pm
[/QUOTE]

Put something white in the boot and see if you can see it.
I can see a newspaper on the back seat through the privacy glass in the side window unless I put a dark cover over it.[/QUOTE]

Good Idea Simon Wink
Philhill View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 8:42pm
Thanks maxis.

Electric White, TDI 163 Titanium AWD, X pack, convenience pack, appearance pack,19 inch alloys, Bluetooth, sony Dab, seat trays ... "thingy"!!!
Niall View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!
Billy no mates shiny NEW car!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 9:27pm
Just tell them that the clips wouldn't be there if it didn't need a net.

Be firm. No net - no sale.

As far as the sockings are concerned - I'm taking the fifth.....

Cheers,
Niall
2.0TDCi 163PS AWD Titanium X PowerShift; Lunar Sky; Dec '12; Conv-Pack, App-Pack, SD SatNav + Rev. Camera; 8-off 18" Alloys + Continental Summers/Dunlop Winters; Seat Trays; Thingy; KOC TDH; BSG !!
HugaKuga View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!
The forums Youtube & Google King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HugaKuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 10:01pm

I agree with Niall - it's not an option of any sort or type of pack or kit. The reason it's not there is because someone has forgotten to put it in.

2271 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2271 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 10:29pm
Hello folks, just chipping in my tuppence worth here, I read something in the dealership lately that informed us that if vehicle was supplied with privacy glass, the 'net' would no longer be fitted, I will have a dig round tomorrow and see if I can find it and find out from roughly what build times this was from, seem to recall last 2-3 months, and will post update and any official paperwork ref no
26alan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 26alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 10:30pm
Right

I've just been on The FordEtis for my car, and found the following:

Less Luggage Compartment Net Kit

Less Load Retention Net

Maybe this explains why the nets missing, which would mean I've got no comeback with the dealer.
Can anyone else please check the FordEtis for their car? and post their finding.

Thanks Alan
HugaKuga View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!
The forums Youtube & Google King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HugaKuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 10:36pm
Hmm Alan - that might be worth a check - mine (58 plate with Appearance pack) has the privacy glass and a thingy, but it doesn't mention nets (or stockings) on ETIS as you have above for yours.

Saarlouis Plant Built
  •  With Convenience Group
  •  Marketing Flex Prep Pack 5
  •  Marketing Level 1
  •  Kuga Badge

• Edited by HugaKuga - 04 Sep 2011 at 10:37pm
    26alan View Drop Down
    Groupie
    Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 26alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 11:03pm
    Originally posted by HugaKuga HugaKuga wrote:

Hmm Alan - that might be worth a check - mine (58 plate with Appearance pack) has the privacy glass and a thingy, but it doesn't mention nets (or stockings) on ETIS as you have above for yours.

Saarlouis Plant Built
  •  With Convenience Group
  •  Marketing Flex Prep Pack 5
  •  Marketing Level 1
  •  Kuga Badge
  •  
    Thanks HugaKuga
    I've also got

Less Daytime Running Lamps

Now that would have been a nice surprise if they were fitted Cool I'd ave forgiven' em for the net missing.......

Dr_Niss View Drop Down
    Senior Groupie
    Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Niss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 6:45am
    ETIS doesn't mention nets on mine either. Must have only started when they decided to omit them.
    09 Xetec 4WD. Panther Black. Convenience pack. Appearance Pack. Factory fitted removable towbar. Blue footwell lights. Bumper protector. Mud Flaps. Lockwood SS sill protectors Thingy.
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
      Share Topic