New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Kuga tailgate mesh / screen / apple catcher thingy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Kuga tailgate mesh / screen / apple catcher thingy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
AndyT557 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie
Now has his thingy in place!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT557 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kuga tailgate mesh / screen / apple catcher thingy
    Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 6:36pm
Does anyone know what these two 'thingies' are for?  They're on the interior trim on the upper split tailgate. At first I thought they were to align the tonneau cover when the tailgate is closed but upon looking inside when the tailgate is closed the tonneau cover is about 3 inches clear.

Titanium 2.0 TDCi AWD, 163PS, Frozen White; App & Conv Pack; 19" 5-spoke Alloys; Ford DRL's; TDS; Factory Fitted Towbar, Flaps & Mats; Kuga bootliner.
Sponsored Links

Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 6:44pm
There should be a net type thing that permanently sits across the width of the boot and shields the gap between the end of the tonneau cover and the boot lid. 
09 Zetec with factory fitted: parking sensors, xenon headlights, roof rails, tyre deflation system
Feel like adding your Kuga pictures to Flickr?
Stupot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stupot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 6:44pm
A netting type shelf is clipped in there, so when the tonneau cover is drawn in place there is no gap looking into the boot.
Kuga 1 08-58 Titanium TDCi 136 AWD, Panther Blk.
Kuga 2 11-61 Titanium X TDCI 163 AWD. Panther Blk. P/Shift.
Kuga 3 14-14 Titanium X Sport, 163 AWD, Frozen White, P/Shift.
AndyT557 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT557 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 6:47pm
Thanks Gazwats & Stupot,

I take it this netting type thing doesn't come with a new vehicle and has to be purchased from Ford?

Why is there no mention of this in the manual?  Well, not that I can find anyway.
Titanium 2.0 TDCi AWD, 163PS, Frozen White; App & Conv Pack; 19" 5-spoke Alloys; Ford DRL's; TDS; Factory Fitted Towbar, Flaps & Mats; Kuga bootliner.
Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 6:50pm
No it comes with the car or at least it did when I got mine in 2009 and pretty sure it's supplied with the vehicle, perhaps new owners can check & confirm this?

I've just popped outside and taken a quick snap:

09 Zetec with factory fitted: parking sensors, xenon headlights, roof rails, tyre deflation system
Feel like adding your Kuga pictures to Flickr?
AndyT557 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT557 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 6:54pm
Thanks for the picture, that clears it up.

As Gazwats said, can any other new Kuga owners add to this post as to whether you got this netting type thing with your new vehicle.  I obviously didn't get one.
malph View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 7:28pm
Yup. My new one came with it and my previous Kuga (ex Ford demo car) had one.
Lunar Sky Titanium X 163 AWD, Powershift, Appearance/Convenience Packs, 19" and Mud Flaps - Now sold. Now an Audi Q3 211bhp SLine.
carp catcher View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carp catcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 7:51pm
I think you need to speak to your dealer,as the net cover is missing. Mines has got one.
140ps 2wd Electric White with all the toys
AMC1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMC1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 7:58pm
I have the 'thingy' bits on the tailgate but no netting type thing.  Car was delivered new in March 2011.  Can't see anything through the back window anyway but closer examination from inside the vehicle suggests this would be an good, but hardly essential, addition.  Anyone got the part number?
AndyT557 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT557 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by carp catcher carp catcher wrote:

I think you need to speak to your dealer,as the net cover is missing. Mines has got one.

Even though only a few peeps have responded, I suspect that the vehicle should've had a netting thingy.  I'll be off to the Dealership tomorrow.
Maxis View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by AMC1 AMC1 wrote:

I have the 'thingy' bits on the tailgate but no netting type thing.  Car was delivered new in March 2011.  Can't see anything through the back window anyway but closer examination from inside the vehicle suggests this would be an good, but hardly essential, addition.  Anyone got the part number?

Yep same here, no netting thingy (march 2011 car), also looked at a few kuga's before we got this one and never noticed one in any of them..

But then again cant see through the blacked out windows so don't think I will lose any sleep over it, anyway only thing in the boot is the dogs bed.. LOL

Was a 163PS AWD Titanium Individual, Panther Black Kuga
HugaKuga View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!
The forums Youtube & Google King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HugaKuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 8:43pm
http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/Kuga/Exteriordesign
Click on the "Split Rear Tailgate" picture.

This has a very clear picture of the tailgate thingy....ask the dealer where it is...Wink

Edited by HugaKuga - 02 Sep 2011 at 8:46pm
HugaKuga View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HugaKuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 8:47pm
I think it's there for the non-privacy glass cars, to hide the gap between the tonneau cover and the back window.

Not much use for anything else - unless you go to a fancy dress as a superhero and forget your mask?Smile

Or something for a dog to play with (for 2-3 seconds)

Edited by HugaKuga - 02 Sep 2011 at 8:49pm
cougar2kuga View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cougar2kuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 10:02pm
My 2010 model came with it. Haven't thought to check my current Kuga. Will check and report back.
Focus Estate Titanium X driver / appearance pack, sat nav and reversing camera. Panther black with 18" Alloys.
HugaKuga View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HugaKuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 10:08pm
Just checked and the Part Number on the label is:-

8V41 S42812 AD

FYI - This Turkish Ford Website seems to have the nearest reference..
8V41 S42812 AC ~£49

Edited by HugaKuga - 02 Sep 2011 at 10:19pm
KugaCraig View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KugaCraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 10:20pm
My 2011 model came with one, it was just loose in the boot when I picked the car up. Salesman didn't know what it was for but I had already worked out where it went.
Niall View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!
Billy no mates shiny NEW car!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 10:23pm
My 2010 has the 'thingy' Andy

Cheers,
Niall
2.0TDCi 163PS AWD Titanium X PowerShift; Lunar Sky; Dec '12; Conv-Pack, App-Pack, SD SatNav + Rev. Camera; 8-off 18" Alloys + Continental Summers/Dunlop Winters; Seat Trays; Thingy; KOC TDH; BSG !!
crazydaze View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazydaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 10:34pm
My 2011 does'nt have the thingy.

Alex.
163 AWD Titanium, Appearance Pack, Convenience Pack, Bluetooth/USB, Mudflaps, Roof Bars, V3 Side Steps, Brushed Stainless Sill Protectors, OEM Boot Protector, Climair front & rear wind deflectors.
AndyT557 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT557 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 11:10pm
Quite a few with the 'thingy' and without the 'thingy'.

So to make this clearer, can those with the 'thingy' say if you have the Appearance Pack or not (for those that do not say what spec your Kuga is in the signature block).

I have noticed that the majority of you that have the 'thingy' also have the Appearance pack, so the theory of it being necessary for vehicles without the privacy glass is out of the window, so to speak.

Thanks.

Edited by AndyT557 - 02 Sep 2011 at 11:16pm
Niall View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!
Billy no mates shiny NEW car!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 11:15pm
I have the Appearance Pack AND the Thingy

Cheers,
Niall
2.0TDCi 163PS AWD Titanium X PowerShift; Lunar Sky; Dec '12; Conv-Pack, App-Pack, SD SatNav + Rev. Camera; 8-off 18" Alloys + Continental Summers/Dunlop Winters; Seat Trays; Thingy; KOC TDH; BSG !!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic