FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Kuga selling price

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tony3917 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony3917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kuga selling price
    Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 5:47pm
Looking to sell my Mk1 TitaniumX. 2.0 diesel auto. Oct 2011 on a a ˜61 plate. Only 23200 miles in 6 years. Full service history and MOT till Nov ‘18. Remapped to 200bhp, Stainless rear half exhaust (both under a year old). K&N performance air filter fitted as well. Side steps fitted. Factory fitted satnav and rear view camera. Front & rear parking sensors. Keyless entry & start. Roof rails and privacy glass. Full leather. Heated front seats. Panoramic roof. Will include the boot liner. This is a cracking car and has never been hammered (I am too old for that now), is a reluctant sale but I’m looking to get a Range Rover and my wife doesn’t want it as she prefers her Focus. Looking for the best price as I’d hate to trade it in.

Edited by Tony3917 - 13 Apr 2018 at 5:05pm
Love my Kuga. White Mk1 auto AWD TitaniumX 163PS. All singing & dancing with all the bells & whistles. Personal reg &
side steps fitted. 😎 Tony
Sponsored Links

mark-essex View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark-essex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 6:52pm
Range Rover, seriously?  Prepare to become close to your local RAC man, and garage!
2017 ST Line 1.5 EcoBoost 6 speed manual, Winter pack, privacy glass, rear camera, drivers assistance pack, 19" all black alloys.
Lyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 7:03pm
What best price you looking for?
67 reg Kuga Titanium Ecoboost in Moondust Silver with appearance pack, rear view camera, mudflaps
Tony3917 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony3917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 9:51pm
For the condition and extras looking for offers in the region of £12595. The remap & exhaust cost over £1k PM if interested. Trade in have offered £12k so obviously have a buyer lined up

Edited by Tony3917 - 12 Apr 2018 at 9:57pm
Love my Kuga. White Mk1 auto AWD TitaniumX 163PS. All singing & dancing with all the bells & whistles. Personal reg &
4wdKuga View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4wdKuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 11:17pm
If you have been offered £12K snatch their hand off CAP valuation for part ex is £10800 to £11500 the key to a deal is the price to change, when you have a part ex you need to check the price of the car you are buying if you are offered a high part ex value on your car you usually find the other car has an inflated value.

Del. 

Edited by 4wdKuga - 12 Apr 2018 at 11:24pm
2016 Deep Impact Blue AWD 209 BHP TDCI Kuga Titanium Sport
Tony3917 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony3917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 11:45pm
Thanks for that. It’s worth more than that with all the extras and low mileage. I’d rather keep it quite honestly.
Tony3917 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony3917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 12:43pm
Anything is worth what someone is willing to pay. Guide prices are irrelevant.
4wdKuga View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4wdKuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 1:50pm
The next time you go to trade/buy a car at a dealership he will have used a price guide to arrive at a valuation try and tell him its irrelevant and that you are only willing to accept/pay a sum you have arrived at by ignoring his irrelevant published valuations.

Motor traders could only function due to Glasses or Cap valuation guides -that`s hardly irrelevant.

Del.

Edited by 4wdKuga - 15 Apr 2018 at 2:57pm
2016 Deep Impact Blue AWD 209 BHP TDCI Kuga Titanium Sport
Tony3917 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony3917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 3:23pm
If I wanted something and could afford it I’d buy it
Ozekuga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozekuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 9:19pm
In my experience if a car has upgrades or options fitted most people won't pay extra for them.
However it can make the car more saleable but not over and above the top price quoted in the trade guides.
This does change when a car reaches classic status.
2016 Kuga Trend MY16.5 Deep Impact Blue
2.0L Ecoboost 242 ps AWD with Sync 2 8" touch screen
LED DRL's, Mud flaps
Lyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 10:15pm
Cars do not sell well privately these days. Last year I changed my car and the wife's Fiesta, both low mileage Ford's in excellent condition. The best prices I got for both was from EvansHalshaw's Sell Your Car. Higher than trade in offers and we got the full online cash valuation quoted before they saw the cars. They were subsequently sold in their used car lot for only around £1000 more than they paid me for them. So people can buy quality used cars with a warranty for little more than they can privately.
67 reg Kuga Titanium Ecoboost in Moondust Silver with appearance pack, rear view camera, mudflaps
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 10:22am
If you sell a car privately you can fix your price and negotiate to what to hope to get , but when it come to part/ex it is the purchase price of the new vehicle which governs the part/ex price. You tend to get more if the new car is 30k than if it was 25k, hence I always look at price to change. At the end of the day it is always beneficial to the seller, the only figure that matters is dealer profit margins
Kuga 1,Platinum White Titanium with X Pack
Kuga 2, Panther Black Titanium X Sport
Kuga 3 Frozen White, ST Line,many extras
KugaBuga View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KugaBuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 3:53pm
Be very quiet about the remap and filter. No one wants a 10 grand car That's been messed about with. If you've been offered 12k take it and run because it's not worth anywhere near that on trade in.
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 6:46pm
And a MK1!!  2014 163 AWD Titanium X are just about selling for that.

Accessories dont add to price and as someone has said, may aid saleability.
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.
Tony3917 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony3917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 7:07pm
All points noted. I can take the K&N filter out and replace with the original.which I’ve kept. It cost me £175 so I can flea bay that with the original box. Trade in it is then for a £38K Range River.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic