FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Kuga fuel tank

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Trevor The Trucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trevor The Trucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kuga fuel tank
    Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 8:00pm
Just bought a 2017 kuga 2.0 tdci.
Horrible sloshing noise coming from the fuel
tank when full.
Also a clonking noise when full.
Dissappears as fuel burns off.
Is there any fix for this annoying problem.
Sponsored Links

NigelB View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NigelB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 8:27pm
Yes, it's still under warranty book it into a dealer.
Coming on August 1st. Titanium X Diesel Auto in Chrome Blue
murcod View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murcod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 2:05am
The petrol 2.0l engine suffers the same noise/ dull thud as you stop. I find it's worse around 3/4 full.
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
KugaSpud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KugaSpud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 9:47am
I reported this as an issue on my 2018 Kuga. I think Fords are "value engineering" here, as I'm guessing the tank doesn't have sections or dividers or some technical anti-swirl device, therefore the fuel just slops about. More noticeable when fuel tank is almost full. 

So if everyone complains about this and gives feedback to Fords (via the Dealerships) will result in a change in design. However I've heard this is also a common issue with other Fords like the Focus too.

Therefore please complain and report. Hopefully the design will get changed, or if Fords were really good, they would issue a costly recall and change a lot of fuel tanks. Sorry just dreaming Big smile

Current Kuga: 2018 MK2.5 150 FWD ST Line X, Packs-Style + Driver Assist, Heated Wheel + Rear Camera + Retract Towbar
Prev Kuga: 2011 Mk1 140FWD Titanium,18"Alloys,plenty of Packs+Extras incl Ford DRLs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trevor The Trucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 12:17pm
A friend at work has the same car, and he has never heard any sloshing or thudding from the fuel tank.
I was choosing between a Mokka X and a Kuga.
Trust me to buy a vehichle with a problem like that.
geoff d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geoff   d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 9:43pm
Same problem with Transits ! No baffles inside ! I took my tank off thinking their must be something rolling about . also there is an air admittance valve on top which thumps up and down when the fuel sloshes from end to end   Shoddy design from Ford I think !
2011 Titanium 2.0 tdc 163 Powershift in Midnight Sky
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 5:37am
And they'll know about it and think its good enough. Just another unfinished aspect of Ford design and culture. But still a great car to drive.

Edited by Fillco - 13 Jul 2018 at 5:38am
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.
Pennine MC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pennine MC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 11:59am
Mine does this 'sloshing'noise, which my Mk1 never did to my recollection. I tend not to fill it to more than 50 quid's worth unless I really need to
Ian

Sep 2010 - April 2016: 2010/60 163ps/4WD Titanium in Sea Grey with appearance pack.

Feb 2017 - : 2016/16 180ps/4WD Titanium X in Magnetic with appearance pack and Sync2 satnav.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trevor The Trucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 3:08pm
Thanks for the reply.
Taking it to Trustford next Teusday.
No doubt he will never have had the problem before.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic