FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Kuga automatic PowerShift problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Faouzz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faouzz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kuga automatic PowerShift problem
    Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 2:55pm
Hi everyone, i am new to the forum.
I own a kuga automatic 4x4 power shift late 2010.
The problem is that I when the engine start and I move from
P position to D or even R, the car won't move at all.
I checked if there is a leak of oil underneath the car or the cable is damaged but everything
Seems to be ok.
The car has only 80000km only.
Anyone had the same problem and if there is something I must check before
I disambly the transmission.
There is the code error P0700.

Thanks for your help
Faouzz
Sponsored Links

Helipilot View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helipilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 6:48pm
https://www.obd-codes.com/p0700
2016 Ruby Red Titanuim X Sport Ecoboost
Faouzz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faouzz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 7:02pm
Hi helipilot,

The thing is that the car won't move at all.
Any clue?
Thanks
Artur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 7:28pm
My previous car jeep had same problem, p0700 p0702, new battery And problem solved. Low voltage And transmission blocked gear selector, new battery and everything got back to normal.

Edited by Artur - 01 Oct 2017 at 7:32pm
Faouzz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faouzz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 7:36pm
Will check the battery..many thanks!! Any other possibilities?
StJo13 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StJo13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 7:57pm
Quick check of all the brake lights might be an idea selector can sometimes think pedal has been applied
64 Panther Black Titanium 2.0 tdci 140ps appearance pack
Faouzz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faouzz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 8:02pm
You mean the brake lights may be on? How this could be possible?
StJo13 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StJo13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 11:33pm
sorry typo I meant a fault in the brake lights ( switch or bulbs ) may seem like the brake pedal hasn't been pressed
64 Panther Black Titanium 2.0 tdci 140ps appearance pack
Faouzz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faouzz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 10:25am
Thanks, will check that this afternoon and let you know.. in the mean time, if anyone has others idea. Thanks to all of you
Faouzz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faouzz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 8:34pm
Hi everyone, so I took down the gearbox and I found out that the clutch is moving.. I don't think that is right!!! Does that mean that the clutch is damaged? No many professional wants to repair the gearboxes dct450 in France. it seems that in the UK its popular. If anyone could help? Many thanks
hillybilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillybilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Faouzz1 Faouzz1 wrote:

Hi everyone, so I took down the gearbox and I found out that the clutch is moving.. I don't think that is right!!! Does that mean that the clutch is damaged? No many professional wants to repair the gearboxes dct450 in France. it seems that in the UK its popular. If anyone could help? Many thanks

Are you an engineer iff not a very brave man to strip a powershift box the cluch plate or plates will have certain amount of movement they live in a sealed chamber hydraulic presure pushes them together to take up drive .
I think your faults more likely lie in the electrical side off things as others have said be
Intresting to hear the result off your investigations.
Faouzz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faouzz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:22pm
Hi hillibilly,
As I said, I remove the gearbox and I found out that the clutch is moving 1to 2 mm..that's unusual and I believe that's the main problem.
There was oil leaking from this part too.
I would like to post a video but don't know how.
In the meantime, I got in touch with Sussex auto in UK to order a kit repair for dct450 clutch. Will let u know how it goes.

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic