FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Inlet manifolx

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bistray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bistray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inlet manifolx
    Posted: 07 May 2018 at 2:31pm
Anyone know if ckeaning the inlet manifold and egr is straightforward. I used to have to do it on my old freelander but that was more basic than my kuga
Sponsored Links

tarmo120 View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarmo120 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 4:20pm
Well...it is a real pain in the *ss to take off the intake manifold.
I've done it once and soon need to do again.
The bolts are different length, wires need to be moved and so on.

2008 Ford Kuga Titanium AWD Tango(Red)
bistray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bistray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 5:16pm
Cheers i had an inklin it wouldnt be straight forward. Any idea if its worth cleaning the egr or just get a new one ??
tarmo120 View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarmo120 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 6:33pm
Well I had mine deleted from the ECU. Why you think you have an issues with it?
NigelB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NigelB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 6:46pm
That would fail the MOT in the UK as the entire emissions control system is now tested.

Lucky you are in Estonia.
Coming in July Titanium X Diesel Auto in Chrome Blue
tarmo120 View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarmo120 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 7:20pm
Perhaps. Here they only watch the particulates coming out of the tailpipes.
For the last 4 years I have had no EGR and no DPF. And results are very very good in my opinion.
3.0 is the maximum of allowed measured particulates. And I have had 0.29 and 0.35 for the last two times the actual result.
But it would be good for the engine to have the intake an EGR clean.
You wont believe how much black carbon comes out of the intake...because of the EGR.

Just take your time, label each bolt you remove. But you will need to take off the battery and injector wires.
Since the intake is plastic, you can only do mechanical and somewhat chemical cleaning. NO BURNING.
Ask me if you have any questions.
bistray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bistray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 9:32pm
Thanks for the replies. I have a bit of a hesitation in the engine when pulling away. Thought it might be the egr and inlet being blocked. I have cleaned inlet manifolds before with oven cleaner, did the trick then.

I take it taking the battery off and the injector wires is to get at the egr

Edited by bistray - 07 May 2018 at 9:35pm
tarmo120 View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarmo120 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 6:35am
No. Removing battery is needed because you can't take off the intake. The injector wires are in the way.
EGR is on the right side of the intake and is not in the way. You can remove and clean the EGR after removing the engine cover only.
bistray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bistray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 10:50am
Cheers this is my job for the weekend
bistray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bistray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 10:50pm
Had a day off today so managed to get the manifold and egr off. Both were a bit gunked up so had a good clean. Took it to our local garage after for a re mapping. Drives great now. Just the thermostat to change now
tarmo120 View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarmo120 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 7:01am
Originally posted by bistray bistray wrote:

Had a day off today so managed to get the manifold and egr off. Both were a bit gunked up so had a good clean. Took it to our local garage after for a re mapping. Drives great now. Just the thermostat to change now

For the thermostat job. Prepare yourself to own a set of TORX sockets.  Because the design is made so you need to remove the bolts that hold the thermostat on the head.
bistray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bistray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 7:10am
Cheers Tarmo i have a set. Just ordered the thermostat, what ever happened to the days when a thermostat was £5 and took 10 minutes to change 😉
tarmo120 View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarmo120 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 7:29am
I still have that style of thermostat on my 1989 Audi V8.
But for Kuga it took me about 4h to get off. I took my time. And about 1h to reassemble.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic