FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Info dates etc on 2015 / 2016 mid life facelift

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
jumborat View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jumborat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 9:33am
That is so true! If my memory is correct it too a good couple of weeks for the configurator to reflect the 2015MY changes last year.
Kuga Titanium X 180PS AWD Powershift in Magnetic.
Sponsored Links

Kugaman64 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kugaman64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 12:56pm
Just had a look, I fancy the Titanium Sport next :)
Psshaw View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psshaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 7:11pm
I've just read from other posts there are some upgrades.

What are they? I'm not due to change til May next year, but wondered what Ford has done.
jumborat View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jumborat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 7:58pm
All the info is in this thread

Originally posted by mafftink mafftink wrote:

Thought you might like to see some information I received from a Ford dealer which explains more about the spec changes from September.  I currently drive a 2013 C-Max and will be replacing it in December.  I like the Kuga but have had two C-Maxes in the past four years both with the same dash as the Kuga, so am pleased they are updating it just in time for me to change my car.

The 2016 model year Kuga coming into production on the 14/09

Introduction of a new series: Kuga Titanium Sport- offering
expressive sporty styling - adds full body styling kit, rear spoiler,
18" alloys and active park assist over standard Titanium spec.

SYNC2 with 8" touchscreen standard on the Titanium, Titanium Sport, Titanium X and Titanium X Sport.

Introduction of a new lead in engine on the Zetec spec 1.5 Ecoboost with 120ps 6 speed manual.

Panther Black paint will be replaced with Shadow Black

Ginger Ale and Platinum White will be removed

New Colour: Green Instinct

Addition of ambient lighting on the Titanium X and Titanium X Sport.

Power folding door mirrors are now standard on Titanium X and Titanium X Sport

Floor mats (front) become standard on the Zetec spec.

The Zetec will have a 4.2" colour centre display.

Power opening and closing panorama roof is now linked to the front and rear window global opening/closing function

Blum View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 9:01am
New interior is shown in German brochure -
Brochure

Edited by Blum - 25 Sep 2015 at 2:13pm
jumborat View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jumborat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 9:29am
Yep, the Ford Austria brochure was the first to show it a couple of weeks ago with the German brochure changing to the 2016 spec a couple of days later. 

There are some pics on this French site

http://www.largus.fr/actualite-automobile/ford-kuga-2016-nouveau-systeme-multimedia-sync-2-6568410.html

Kevsfx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevsfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 4:02pm
Thanks for posting the picture/brochure; based on this I have now upgraded my order from the standard sync 2 with navigation to the premium (sony) sync 2.  This looks much better imo, plus you get 9 speakers instead of the 6.  Thankfully I only ordered (blind) on saturday, so an upgrade was possible...
jumborat View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jumborat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 8:13am
Here's a video of the same car linked above. It also gives a good view of the redesigned air vents with no silver trim to reflect in the door mirrors anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsvipZcna5Y
jumborat View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jumborat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 8:25am
Originally posted by Kevsfx Kevsfx wrote:

Thanks for posting the picture/brochure; based on this I have now upgraded my order from the standard sync 2 with navigation to the premium (sony) sync 2.  This looks much better imo, plus you get 9 speakers instead of the 6.  Thankfully I only ordered (blind) on saturday, so an upgrade was possible...

The two systems look exactly the same, both get the 8" touchscreen screen. The only difference is the number of speakers (10 instead of 6) and possibly the make as I don't know who manufactures the speakers in the "Ford" system.
Kevsfx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevsfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 9:16am
Hi,

The Sony system is black gloss (as per the old Sony sync 1 controls) and the non-Sony is Matt with a slightly different button layout. There are pictures of both in the German brochure (pages 30 and 32). Ford have also confirmed to my dealer that, at this time, the Sony system includes a reversing camera -(this has been missed out of the U.K. Price list in error).

You're of course right about the number of speakers, my bad; its 9 plus subwoofer.

All the best..

Edited by Kevsfx - 22 Sep 2015 at 9:24am
jumborat View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jumborat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 8:15am
I saw the different trims about 3 weeks ago in the Austrian brochure. I read your original post as though you were thinking the standard system was how the Kuga has been since launch with its gazillion buttons and that you had to upgrade to get the touchscreen.

Re the camera, this could be true, accounting for why the premium system is £100 more expensive than the Focus TitX that has a camera as standard.
Blum View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 12:01pm
Kuga TitX 1.5 powershift. App pack, Conv pack, 19" alloys, Nav.
i) 9th September 2015 First ordered.
"The car that the Management have contracted is a 2015.25 Model year car with the current display. This car is already built and will be with us during the first week in October. We can order a 2016 model year car for you with the same spec plus the Ford audio with Nav at £250.00 but you would be looking at late November at the earliest for a car. "
ii) 14th September Reordered on release of new pricelist.
"Our Dealer Order No for your Vehicle is ***** which is what we use for status checks on customer orders. The estimated production date (EPD) shows as 17.10.2015 on the current status report. As soon as there is a VIN number allocated I will email this to you also."

I will update this post so folk can get an estimate of timeline. 
Cheeky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheeky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 5:46pm
So I finally got the chassis number today and found out my car was built yesterday! Hopefully the etis site is correct.

I'm not sure what head unit I'm getting though, assume the standard ford one etis mentions:

ICE - Mid Audio Branded +DAB +TMC
ICE Feature Pack 38
Module/GPS Antenna
With 9 Radio Speakers
Sync II With Navigation
jumborat View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jumborat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Cheeky Cheeky wrote:

So I finally got the chassis number today and found out my car was built yesterday! Hopefully the etis site is correct.

I'm not sure what head unit I'm getting though, assume the standard ford one etis mentions:

ICE - Mid Audio Branded +DAB +TMC
ICE Feature Pack 38
Module/GPS Antenna
With 9 Radio Speakers
Sync II With Navigation

As it says 9 speakers I think you've got the new 10 speaker premium system and they list the subwoofer separately. Presumably you added the £750 satnav option when you ordered? I'm betting Ford are giving Kugas ordered with the old Sony satnav the new £500 premium system.
Cheeky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheeky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 8:39pm
It's the titanium x sport, I didn't specify any upgrades to the sound system, maybe it was included, I can't remember it was back in April I ordered
jumborat View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jumborat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 8:00am
Ah right, the 2016MY TitX Sport comes with the premium system. Ford have altered the new pricelist and it now states that the premium system comes with 9 speakers (looks like the subwoofer has been dropped) and rear camera. It will look like the one in the pictures and video I linked in this thread.

If only Ford would update their website, configurator and online brochure. It's ridiculous how long they take.
jumborat View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jumborat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 1:44pm
The new 2016MY brochure is available here.

Kuga 2016MY eBrochure
Cheeky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheeky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 2:47pm
Brilliant thank you.

In true ford style it's not all that clear, for example it talks about a 10 speaker system on one page (9 plus a sub) then on another it talks about a 9 speaker system without mentioning the sub.

The titanium sport is a good idea, plenty of people wanting the sporty looks without all the other bits
Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 2:51pm
Nice to see the brochure has at least been updated, I guess it's too much to expect Ford to update the on line configuration which is still showing the old colours and trim levels.
09 Zetec with factory fitted: parking sensors, xenon headlights, roof rails, tyre deflation system
Feel like adding your Kuga pictures to Flickr?
DAJJ View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 2:53pm
Just noted that there is now a Titanium Sport in addition to the Titanium X Sport.

Edit: Ah and also just noted the same comment 2 posts before Smile

Edited by DAJJ - 25 Sep 2015 at 2:54pm
Kuga Titanium X 2.0TDCi 180 AWD, Frozen White, Appearance Pack, Sat Nav & Reverse Parking Sensors
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic