FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

How to - Post a photo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Kugameister View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kugameister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to - Post a photo
    Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 10:06pm

1   Join photobucket
2   Upload your photos to photobucket following the instructions on the site. It doesn't mind about the original resolution of your pictures and when it asks you which size, medium or large will do for this forum.
3   When your pics are successfully appearing in photobucket, you'll see a few boxes underneath - one of them will start with square brackets followed by an "IMG". 
4   Left mouse click in the box that says IMG, and you'll get a notification saying "copied" under your mouse pointer.
5 Now go to the post you want to reply to, and click on "post reply" in the normal way.
6 Type a comment for your photo, press the "space bar", and then right mouse click, "paste" to paste the line containing IMG into the post window.
7 Make sure you have a square bracket at the start and end of the line containing "IMG" otherwise it won't work.
8  Click the "preview post" button and hey presto, your pics on here for us all to enjoy....
Sponsored Links

Morph View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 4:24pm
I use photobucket.
As above very simple to use.
When I get a chance to clean mine I might even post some pictures.
Deep Impact ST Line 180PS AWD, Nav, Camera, Drivers Pack, ST Style Pack, Family Pack, Winter Pack, 19's, Towbar, Keyless.
triv69 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triv69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 10:12pm
Thanks for that, I've just used photobucket, it is so easy.Thumbs Up  I will take some more pics at the weekend and post
cheers

Kugavu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kugavu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2009 at 1:11am
How do I add my Kuga picture as my Avtar???
Kugameister View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kugameister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2009 at 6:54am

To post a picture as your Avatar

You have to resize your photo to 64 x 64 pixels before you post it in the "select Avatar" section of your "edit profile" in the normal manner using Photobucket or Flickr etc.
Joe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2010 at 11:42pm
Forgive me for being stupid but I have a Kuga photo to post and cant do it. Help
jayarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 12:55am
Joe, I'll send a private message with instructions Big smile
Ford Kuga Titanium 2WD Panther Black with Appearance and X-Pack
des View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote des Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 11:38pm
Hi all,
        Ilike to up load some photos that i have taken of my kuga but dont know how to can anbody guide me in plain english Thanks
kuga zetec chill fwd with bluetooth voice control
ruffage View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruffage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 1:10pm
You can't upload photos directly to the site (not that I could see anyhow), so you'll need to find a free host to remotely link them, eg. www.tinypic.com.  Or get a free account at flickr, photobucket etc.

Then use the Insert Image button (available in Full Reply mode) to link to the pic.

eg:

2WD Titanium in sea grey. Appearance and convenience packs. Fiesta side protectors. MS Design DRLs.
Kuga flickr set.
KugaKen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KugaKen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 9:48pm
There are several photo posting web sites I use Flickr which you can get free.
I use their quick and easy uploadr to get my photos onto Flickr itself.
When you have your photo on there click all sizes and you get to a page with the size of photo image shown I choose medium.
Right click over the photo and select properties.
Highlight the Address (URL) then copy the address.
Now open your post reply and select the insert image button it looks like a pic of a tree
Paste your previously copied URL address into the Image URL.
Now press the Preview button you will see the picture in the preview pane. Click OK and your photo will be ready. Now finish and post your post.
DOCKUGA View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DOCKUGA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 8:39pm
jayarr, maybe you could PM me too. Or else post it, and let us in on the secretThumbs Up

Andy
Panther Black Titanium AWD, Comms Pack, soon to be Ink Blue MKII 163 AWD Titanium 19" Alloys
jayarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 9:34pm
Hi Andy, there is no secrecy on my part with regards to the uploading of images to the Forum. The issue of uploading images to the Forum has cropped up in several threads and posts. When I first joined the Forum, I found the instructions on how to upload images good but not basic enough for me. I therefore prepared my own instructions for use by myself. These instructions were only used a few times because after you get used to what to do, they are no longer required.

In case of offending anyone, I re-iterate these were made by me and there may be an easier way to do it or even a different way to do it.

The instructions are in plain basic language ( I hope) and easy to follow. They are written as if you have no knowledge at all of how to upload an image. Please take no offence if some of the instructions appear basic.

Before starting the upload procedure, place the image or images that you want to use in your "My Pictures" folder on your PC.

1. Create a free account with photobucket (http://photobucket.com/) (Click on the link to open). After you create the account, log out and then log in again with your username and password.

2. On the bar, at the top, click on "My Home". By doing this, you should see a box in the middle of your screen. Click on "upload videos and images".

3. When you do that, the computer should open up a box which should default to your "My Pictures" folder on your PC. If not and by using the open box, locate the image in the "My Pictures" folder. Either double click (left mouse button) on the image of your choice or click on "open".

4. The image should then upload to the photobucket server and at the top of your computer page there should be a box with a green tick and words saying "image 1 of 1 uploaded". Once done, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "save and share".

5. Now scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see 4 rectangular boxes. The first will be "email and IM". The second box (direct link) is the important one. Put your cursor inside the part that begins "http" and highlight it all. (at http keep the left mouse button depressed and go over the rest of the letters/words). When highlighted, right click on the mouse and choose "copy".

6. Click on the minus button at the top right of the page to minimize the window onto the taskbar. Now start a second browser and go to the Kuga Forum. Now decide whether you want to start a new topic or reply to another members post, in order to display your image.

7. This part is important - If replying to an already open thread DO NOT USE THE QUICK POST option. Instead use the "reply" option in the post of the member that you wish to reply to (top right of the members post).

8. Nearly there. Now click on the wee green tree icon (insert image) and another box opens up. You will see a box at the top right (image URL) with the letters "http". Delete these letters and then right click on your mouse and select paste. The box should fill up with the item that you "copied" back at stage 5

9. Finally hit "preview" and your image should be there. Click on "OK" and viola !

This may appear to be a lot of work but trust me, once you are up to speed with it, you will upload an image from your PC to the Forum in under one minute. Just do each stage for each image to be uploaded.

Edited by jayarr - 11 Apr 2010 at 9:36pm
PortKuga View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PortKuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 10:34pm
Well done Jayaar, clearly set out!Thumbs Up
I need to find out how to have a link on my signature to  my photopage. Any ideas ?
Portkuga
2.0L TDCI Zetec Moondust silver, Con pack, App pack Panoramic roof, Illuminated scuff plates. Kuga Bootliner, Mudflaps, chrome side and rear sport bars and Brand new shiny silver Ford DRLs.     

jayarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 11:42pm
James, just got your post.....give me 10 mins to write it out and then I'll post it for you.
PortKuga View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PortKuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 12:05am
Thanks Jayaar. I will probably have a look at at tomorrow as is nearly bed time, up early tomorrow kuga spotting, er I mean working on the phone masts! Thanks in advance.

Portkuga
2.0L TDCI Zetec Moondust silver, Con pack, App pack Panoramic roof, Illuminated scuff plates. Kuga Bootliner, Mudflaps, chrome side and rear sport bars and Brand new shiny silver Ford DRLs.     

DOCKUGA View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DOCKUGA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 12:52am
Thanks jayarr.
Will hopefully get some piccies up tomorrow.

Andy
Panther Black Titanium AWD, Comms Pack, soon to be Ink Blue MKII 163 AWD Titanium 19" Alloys
jayarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 12:53am

01. Sign into the website containing your images eg Photobucket/Flickr

02. If not already done, create an on line "album" with the images you wish others to view.

03. Once done,save it on line and a web address will appear at the top of the page with the album's details. 
As I use photobucket, it will begin http://s824.photobucket.com/albums/*****/*****/

04. Copy that address (put the cursor on the first letter (h) and keeping the left mouse button depressed,slide the cursor to the end until it is highlighted.Release the left mouse button,place the cursor on the highlighted text, right click the mouse button and select "copy".

05. Open up Notepad or Wordpad and by clicking the right mouse button, the option to "paste".  Do that and the albums web address should appear. Don't save the document but merely minimize to the taskbar.

06. Open up another browser and log in to the Kuga Owners Forum. From the homepage, navigate to the "members control panel" and then "edit profile"

07. Scroll down to the "signature" section. Directly below the word "signature" are the words...."BBcodes can be used in your signature". The word "BBcodes" should be blue in colour. Click on it and another page will open.

08. Look for the second section titled "Images and links". The second line begins URL=http://www.myWeb...........Copy all of the script using the same principal as in step 4, from bracket to bracket, including the brackets.

09. Scroll to the bottom of that page, past the smilies and close window.Decide where you want your link to appear (normally at the bottom) and "paste"

10. Maximize the notepad/wordpad from the taskbar and "copy" the address of your album. Now edit the above code by deleting,  "http://www.myweb.com" and replace it with the address of your album. Delete the words "My Link" and replace with your own words eg.  My Kuga Pictures, The Kuga , The Beastie Boy, Portkugas Baby, etc (remember a space between the words)

11. It'll look something like Portkugas Baby

12. Click on "signature preview" and you should see just the words "Portkugas Baby" or whatever words you decided to use and this will be in blue writing. Save by updating the profile and that should be it.

Pennine MC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pennine MC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 3:06pm
Can anybody give me reliable guidance on uploading an avatar pic please, using Flickr?  I've used that before to put pics in threads (with only a slight struggle), but they've changed the procedure and despite messing around with various combinations of code, nothing I try seems to work (btw I have done the obvious and resized the pic to 64 x 64).  There's no guidance at all on Flickr, all it does is assault you with jolly-hockey language making it sound simple (which it patently isnt)Ermm  Would be a great improvement IMHO if the forum had its own uploading facility
Ian

Sep 2010 - April 2016: 2010/60 163ps/4WD Titanium in Sea Grey with appearance pack.

Feb 2017 - : 2016/16 180ps/4WD Titanium X in Magnetic with appearance pack and Sync2 satnav.
quatroxquatro View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quatroxquatro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 4:00pm
I just tried it and see what you mean. But I did get it to work. What's missing when you click on the 64x64 pixel image URL in flickr is the file suffix, (.jpg) So, what you need to do is select 'share this'. Find the path of the image URL in the flickr HTML/BBCode box after selecting the thumbnail size. Then look for the src and copy the http:// string of characters inside the quote marks that ends in .jpg When you paste it into the forum avatar tool, click on preview to check it works.

Cheers Wink

Edited by quatroxquatro - 05 Dec 2010 at 4:02pm

Stick-in-the-mud? Moi? My flickr Kuga set
Pennine MC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pennine MC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 4:08pm
Ta Quatro, I'll try that a bit later on the 'big' PCThumbs Up

Edit - it worked, but the photo's not that goodLOL  Thanks again though, you confirmed my suspicion that the Flickr 'instructions' are basically sh*teDisapprove

Edited by Pennine MC - 05 Dec 2010 at 4:46pm
Ian

Sep 2010 - April 2016: 2010/60 163ps/4WD Titanium in Sea Grey with appearance pack.

Feb 2017 - : 2016/16 180ps/4WD Titanium X in Magnetic with appearance pack and Sync2 satnav.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic