FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Gap between rear seats & boot cover

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
murcod View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murcod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2016 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Fillco Fillco wrote:

I dont they will do anything abut it Paul, if they dont think it's necessary (for whatever reason) to improve on whats there. The gap has been present since the introduction of the MK2 and I suspect its present in the facelift (I should have checked at the dealers when I looked at one.

First thing if to ask Ford technical, not the dealer, why there is such a large gap and see why they have maintained it throughout the model. Personally I think its the usual Ford unfinished it'll do attitude and if they have noticed this gap in development, which I'm sure they did, they've simply not done anything about. Finesse appears not to be in Ford culture.

It was probably designed by the same person who did the headlights and thought that mismatched piece of matte black honeycomb plastic looked stylish.  Angry
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
Sponsored Links

DAJJ View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 11:50am
I noted whilst looking at the Edge that they have a flexible/material cover to fill the gap which hooks onto the back of the seat, possibly the headrests, so Ford can do it if they want.

Just noted one on ebay showing the cover - http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-2016-Ford-Edge-Retractable-Cargo-Trunk-Cover-Privacy-Shade-Black-new-OEM-/262456630107?hash=item3d1ba25b5b:g:vMgAAOSwa81XSIpC&vxp=mtr

Edited by DAJJ - 12 Sep 2016 at 11:53am
Kuga Titanium X 2.0TDCi 180 AWD, Frozen White, Appearance Pack, Sat Nav & Reverse Parking Sensors
Kugalan View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kugalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Fillco Fillco wrote:

I dont they will do anything abut it Paul, if they dont think it's necessary (for whatever reason) to improve on whats there. The gap has been present since the introduction of the MK2 and I suspect its present in the facelift (I should have checked at the dealers when I looked at one.

First thing if to ask Ford technical, not the dealer, why there is such a large gap and see why they have maintained it throughout the model. Personally I think its the usual Ford unfinished it'll do attitude and if they have noticed this gap in development, which I'm sure they did, they've simply not done anything about. Finesse appears not to be in Ford culture.

Didn't realise Facelift ones were out yet.
2016my Kuga Titanium 2.0 150 TDCi 2wd Eu6 Deep Impact Blue, Appearance Pack, 18" Alloys, Convenience Pack & Premium Sync II Nav with reverse camera
murcod View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murcod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 5:39am
Originally posted by DAJJ DAJJ wrote:

I noted whilst looking at the Edge that they have a flexible/material cover to fill the gap which hooks onto the back of the seat, possibly the headrests, so Ford can do it if they want.

Just noted one on ebay showing the cover - http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-2016-Ford-Edge-Retractable-Cargo-Trunk-Cover-Privacy-Shade-Black-new-OEM-/262456630107?hash=item3d1ba25b5b:g:vMgAAOSwa81XSIpC&vxp=mtr

That doesn't look like it would be too hard to copy using some vinyl or similar material.

(I've been contemplating making something using black lycra type material.)

Edited by murcod - 13 Sep 2016 at 5:40am
steveAWD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steveAWD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 7:49pm
Out of interest will one of these not fit ?

s-l200 by Steve, on Flickr

Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Powershift
Paul70a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul70a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 5:17am
I have managed to get my hands on one of these very recently. However, there is nothing to solve the gap behind the rear seats.
steveAWD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steveAWD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 1:11pm
Hi Paul,  could you give some details on how you secured it to the tailgate as I understand there's no Ford clips for it on mk 2 ? ?

Steve
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Powershift
thejazzman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejazzman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 8:40pm
Hi all my first post though I have been following the site for a couple of years, just purchased a Titanium X and I was not happy with the Gap between the seats and the cover. After looking on hear for a solution I followed the Russian advice and bought a Fusion estate cover off ebay for £20. It was less than 5 minuets work to remove the extra infill piece and install it on my new Kuga. No more gaps, exact match to the original cover, happy days. Thanks to all who have posted on this problem.
murcod View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murcod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 4:51am
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-KUGA-Back-seat-gap-cover-for-the-2014-2015-models-/262710234049?hash=item3d2ac00bc1:g:OKwAAOSwNSxVYf3k

I don't know if that's been posted before?
Gabbo_21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabbo_21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 8:20pm
Anyone know if the trick with the mk3 focus estate shelf works with the mk2 focus estate?
Kugalan View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kugalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 9:10am
A colleague at work has a Kuga 2.5 Titamium with optoinal X pack & the parcel shelf has a loose flap on the seat end of it.  It was too short when the seats were fully upright, not checked when seats were in normal position.
2016my Kuga Titanium 2.0 150 TDCi 2wd Eu6 Deep Impact Blue, Appearance Pack, 18" Alloys, Convenience Pack & Premium Sync II Nav with reverse camera
Kugalan View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kugalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 6:33pm
Another colleague's 66 plate ST Line has not got the flap so who knows what standard is.
Lich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 5:33pm
My facelift has a little flap forward of the load cover cassette that completely covers the gap when the rear seats are fully reclined.
Gone: Mk2 facelift 2.0TDCi AWD Titanium in Shadow Black; SYNC3 + towbar
DaveR-uk View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveR-uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 6:04pm
My facelift ditto as posted above by Lich.  Of course if the seats are not reclined there is a gap.
2017 Titanium-X, 2.0 TDCi 180PS AWD powershift, Deep Impact Blue, Appernce Pk, Premium Sync3, Active Prk Assist, Adaptive Cruise Ctrl, Drivers Assist Pk, kick tailgate, heated steering wheel, mudflaps
Lich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 12:31pm

Here's a picture of mine. Rear section is retracted into the cassette, rear seats are fully reclined.

17MY Kuga parcel shelf
Pennine MC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pennine MC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 4:09pm
Thanks for those, guys, and I'm not knocking your cars but TBH if there's still a gap unless the seats are reclined, it's debatable whether there's any worthwhile improvement. I do find myself wondering what the point is of reclining rear seats, and why the traditional hatchback arrangement of 'lift squab forward, drop seat back down' was seen as such a problem.
Ian

Sep 2010 - April 2016: 2010/60 163ps/4WD Titanium in Sea Grey with appearance pack.

Feb 2017 - : 2016/16 180ps/4WD Titanium X in Magnetic with appearance pack and Sync2 satnav.
Lich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 4:13pm
You misunderstand, I think. The rear seats have a standard, comfortable reclined position as in my photo, and a couple of more upright positions should your back or your cargo requirements need it.

This feature is a side effect of the folding mechanism, not an intrinsic part of it.
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 4:55pm
I think the lift squab idea actually reduces the length and as it is the payload area is almost level.

I guess the reclining aspect provides the saloon car alternative to being sat up straight for any distance.

Must say though adults sat in the rear like the sat up position so that can see forward. That may be due to my driving come to think of it.
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 5:01pm
Ive been on a journey in mine whilst sitting in back and have to say the reclined position seems more "natural" and comfortable. I found the upright position a little too upright, so my seats are in the reclined position permanently, and to be honest I never tell passengers that the seats can be altered anyway
ST-Line in frozen white, wind deflectors, rear bumper protector, too many options to mention and dashcam to video the idiots on the road, just in case
Selmac07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Selmac07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 1:40am
Hi I started a post called gap by tailgate but it's been locked and I was directed here
I did not put it here because it is NOT the same gap it is not by the seats as I said this is by the tailgate and the boot cover I know the boot cover is involve but it's not by the seat it's the other end does anyone else have this gap on the 2017 kuga

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic