FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Gap between rear seats & boot cover

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
freddykuga2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddykuga2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 6:42pm
Why ford havent done something is just sheer crazy hopefully they will look into it
Sponsored Links

iiggmm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iiggmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2013 at 8:31pm
Hi.

I am waiting for my Kuga. I have ordered it at 26th april, and i´m looking for infomation about it in iternet.

I´ve seen your discusion, and here (in Spain) we have a foro like this and one owner have done a brico for this problem.

I hope it can be useful for you.

Regards from Spain
Bolersken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolersken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 6:35am
Hi All,
It's only on the MK2 - not the MK1.
After the declining the cap is still 1-2 inches.
The privacy glass helps and may take care of the problem but Bottom line Ford didn't do a good job.
A black piece of cloth to cover the contains is not a 2013-solution :-(

I have a MK2 Kuga Titanium, 1,6 EcoBoost
Bo
Eamonn View Drop Down
Kuga 2 X

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eamonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 12:35pm
maybe i'm missing something here, but how much of the boot  is actually visible thru this 1-2" gap surely if the tonneau cover is covering the rest of the boot, it will be dark and nothing could be seen inside, i have a Peugeot 1007 with adjustable rear seats and if in the forward position there's a 4-5" gap and to be totally honest although you can see in the boot, its very difficult to see exactly whats in it, and if you place the seats in the most backward position the gap is not there, surely putting the Kuga rear seats in the recline position will solve the problem? and if the passengers prefer the upright position who is going to look in the back when passengers are in the car or its driving along the road?

Ford Kuga MkII 2.0 TDCi Titanium X
freddykuga2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddykuga2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 8:14pm
its not when you are driving along its when the car is parked up when you have exspensive tools in your boot when you have finished work it would be great to know that is not visible in any way.and away from prying eyes when you have orange plaslo guns and red hilti gun boxes any body who knows what they are wont think twice about breaking your window and having them away to sell for an easy fix
Bolersken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolersken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 8:57pm
Photos will be posted. I have started to place a black piece of cloth over the stuff that I have in the trunk. It is visible If you have the above mentioned tolboxes in bright colors etc. Sorry but it is the facts.
SU-CH-Kuga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SU-CH-Kuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 9:00am
Originally posted by iiggmm iiggmm wrote:

Hi.

I am waiting for my Kuga. I have ordered it at 26th april, and i´m looking for infomation about it in iternet.

I´ve seen your discusion, and here (in Spain) we have a foro like this and one owner have done a brico for this problem.

I hope it can be useful for you.

Regards from Spain

Hi iiggmm

I am registered but can not open your link.
Just get the message:

Club Kuga - Error

What are the nessecary steps to get access to your link?

cheers from Germany
Simes750 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simes750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 5:27pm
I have notice this as well.
Though the Kuga is better in many ways than my old CRV, they solved the problem with slide out covers from the rear tonneu cover, which clipped to the headrest post on the rear seats.
Worked really well.
firestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote firestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 6:43pm
hi all my last car was a x trail which had the two way cover but due to there being no height in the boot i often couldnt pull thecover over so i bought a single black flat sheet . it came in really handy n will be going in the kuga when it arrives
Escapism View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escapism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2014 at 12:48am
Finally a solution to this problem!

http://www.amazon.com/Juntu-Retractable-Luggage-Black-Escape/dp/B00DNX31ES/?tag=viglink121613-20
2013 Ford Escape Titanium 2.0
Panoramic Roof, Tow Package, Roof Rack, Kuga Rear LED Tail Lights, Husky Weatherbeaters, Ford Mud Flaps, Kuga Rear Fog Lights, Spoiler, Added NAV, Added Rear Camera
itman330 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itman330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2014 at 1:07am
Hi there

is this not standard issue? My Kuga Mk2 Titanium (Oct 13) came with one of these fitted. Unfortunately, I had to take it out as I've fitted a dog travel gate / barrier behind the back seats, which rather precludes the use of this retractable cargo space cover.

Or have I misinterpreted the significance, and this actually does the job of the much-vaunted 'thingy'?
Oct 2013 Mk2 Titanium 2.0 Diesel, 163PS, AWD with 6 speed manual in Sterling Grey Metallic. Rear Spoiler, Appearance & Protection pack (inc Mud Flaps, Boot Liner & Aluminium Bumper Strip)
miseaton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miseaton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2014 at 3:48pm
I have just joined the forum and to be truthful I think it is quite bad, when I viewed the car I wondered why I did not pick up on it then. The reason was I think the dealers now know the problem and they just flap the pull out cover over the back so you cannot see the gap and I just thought nothing of it. Is it a security sure it is when you have tool box,s in the car and paying for a titanium X and having this problem when I have tool box,s in the car. Privacy glass is no good ( not the one I have on mine anyhow) as in the daylight you can see through the gap. If I had know this it would most certainly swayed my decision in buying one in the first place. I am trying to send an email to ford about but cannot find an email address anywhere. So if anyone can send me an email address that would be great. I must admit other than that the car is good.
kugaflop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kugaflop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 3:51pm
I noticed this too. I have a Titanium so no privacy glass.

Not really happy with it.
'14 Kuga2 Titanium 2.0 TDCI 140 AWD Blazer Blue
WATSONTM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WATSONTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 12:36pm
Hi, i noticed this too,but if you tilt your back seats back it may cover the gap. i have 2013 zetec with appearance pack fitted so have privacy glass.

my kuga has 8k on the clock, has anyone heard the front suspension noisey rattling noise going over ruff ground at slow speed, i get the feeling throw the steering wheel.

car going into garage tomorrow
nbells View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nbells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 7:11am
I have to agree with some of the comments so far ... If I had noticed the gap when I first looked at a MK2 i would not of bought one.

It looks like there is something missing and we should not be forced to recline the rear seats just to try and hide the horrendous gap.

Come on Ford, GET YOUR FINGER OUT OF YER A** and issue a fix.
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 9:54am
Ford will know all about it and noticed it at design stage and though, 'so what'.

I'd read about this gap on this forum and of course looked at it on a test drive and while its terrible, I've come to accept 'some' of Fords cavalier attitude to design.

Edited by Fillco - 21 Mar 2014 at 10:00am
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.
krugerandsmith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote krugerandsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 7:21am
Originally posted by Fillco Fillco wrote:

Ford will know all about it and noticed it at design stage and though, 'so what'.

I'd read about this gap on this forum and of course looked at it on a test drive and while its terrible, I've come to accept 'some' of Fords cavalier attitude to design.

Not only is there a gap between seat and cover ( This I'm not to worried about ) What does annoy me is when the car hits a bump in the road the bloody cover shoots back. Not a good design.
gjbowler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gjbowler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2014 at 7:57pm
Hi
Just picked up my new Kuga today (this is my second one) was dissapointed to see the space between the rear seats and luggage area cover which creates a security problem as when I carry my golf clubs in the car my golf insurance is invalidated as the clubs etc are not out of sight. In my 1st Kuga this was not the case as there was no gap therefore keeping everything out off sight. I think that Ford should offer a solution to this problem not ignore it  and hope the problem goes away.Dead
SU-CH-Kuga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SU-CH-Kuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2014 at 12:23pm
sorry mate but I don't see Ford to provide a solution. As you were looking for a new car and had your test drive, etc, YOU had all the time to discover the car and then YOU decided to buy that vehicle presented! Shocked

This gaps exists due to more space on the rear row. As you certainly have noticed the front and rear seats are not as thick as the ones the Kuga I had. Do you like to have money back because Ford saved material compared to the MKLI? Sorry but that's the same as you want a solution from Ford for the gap between the last row and the luggage cover. Confused

You certainly find the solution here in the forum that suits you the best.Wink
matadoc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote matadoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2014 at 9:10pm

As some post before, another colleague said, the Spanish ClubKuga.org  has solved the Ford â€œcarelessness” whit a “Brico” (DIY).

This idea is not mine, but With this results in my case…

I hope you like it…

Edited by matadoc - 28 Jul 2014 at 9:16pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic