FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Gap between rear seats & boot cover

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
kugaqueenie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kugaqueenie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gap between rear seats & boot cover
    Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 2:26pm
I'm a new owner of a new kuga and new to this forum so please bear with me!
Has anyone else noticed the security issue with the boot?  There is a gap between the back seats and the cover through which the contents of my boot can clearly be seen.  This is just inviting thieves to break in.
I've spoken with Ford who say there is nothing that can be done until it's reported many times.  So please, report away!
If anyone has any solution in the meantime (other than not to carry anything in the boot which is impractical), please let me know.
Thanks
Sponsored Links

Kelvyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelvyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 2:57pm
Hi & welcome,
is this on a mk1 or mk2?

As if MK1 cant say i have ever noticed, will have a look when i get home
Electric White with individual pack
KugaConvert View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KugaConvert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 2:58pm
Sounds like a job for Thingyman!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kugaqueenie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 3:00pm
Thanks Kelvyn. MK2 - I suspect it wasn't an issue on the MK1 but was something they overlooked when designing the larger boot!
Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 3:03pm
I'll move this to the Mk2 discussion sub forum to avoid any confusion.
09 Zetec with factory fitted: parking sensors, xenon headlights, roof rails, tyre deflation system
Feel like adding your Kuga pictures to Flickr?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kugaqueenie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 3:15pm
Thank you - I knew I'd do something wrong! Tongue
buzzrm View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 3:30pm
As the rear seats recline, I imagine that the gap is to provide clearance.  Presumably not so much of an issue if you have the privacy glass option. 
Dallers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dallers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 3:33pm
I suspect this is to allow for the reclining rear seats.  If all rear seats (60 & 40) are fully reclined there is no real gap.  They could have put some kind of flap that folds out, but then you would have either all seats reclined or not - although I suspect the security risk is more when parked than when moving.  I'm sure a designer/engineer could come up with a solution.
All-New Kuga Titanium X 2.0 TDCi 163PS 6spd manual AWD | Frozen White | 19" Alloys | Appearance Pk | Keyless w/ Hands-free tailgate | Family Pk | Convenience Pk | SONY DAB Nav w/ Rear View Camera
wazza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 3:48pm
I have a similar problem on my galaxy. The privacy glass helps a bit but i have a black cloth that can be put over the luggage and have a cardboard strip covered with black cloth covering the gap if i need to use it. Ideal if the car is parked and you want to hide the contents.

If you do leave contents in the car then i would recommend going for a heavy tint privacy glass.
BarryKuga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarryKuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 5:05pm
I've noticed the same as well. Even when both rear seats are fully reclined, there's still a noticeable gap.
kugey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kugey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 9:28pm
Funny thing unless I press my nose up against the glass I can't see a bleedin thing in there anyway, even then not much.Yes I have the privacy glass
Ford Kuga 2 Titanium 2.0 TDCI AWD 163bhp.Sterling Grey. Convenience Pack. Appearance Pack. Keyless entry.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kugaqueenie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 9:34am
Thanks for all your comments. It's disappointing and is the only thing I don't like about the kuga. Love everything else but probably wouldn't have bought it if I knew this first. Oh well, looks like Wazza, I'll also have to fashion some kind of blue Peter style made strip until/unless Ford bring an accessory out to remedy the situation.
kugey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kugey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 11:38am
Think it's a major oversight by Ford, do you have privacy glass in yours, looks like someone at Ford must have thought that was going to be a standard fitting.Can't see any reason why they wouldn't have picked up on that in this day and age
Ford Kuga 2 Titanium 2.0 TDCI AWD 163bhp.Sterling Grey. Convenience Pack. Appearance Pack. Keyless entry.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kugaqueenie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 7:32pm
Kugey, I don't have privacy glass and Ford have told me I would need to pay for this which I can't afford to do after just buying a new car! I've just purchased a black blanket which will have to do for the time being but it's a real faff!
kugey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kugey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 7:50pm
Hopefully Ford will bring something out as you can't be the only one without the privacy glass.
Have you tried e-mailing Ford direct about the security concerns which are a valid point I think. 
Griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 8:30pm
I have just picked mine p this afternoon and it was the first thing that I noticed as well but I do have privacy glass
Performance Blue, Lux Pack 1, Stage 2 350 Focus RS conversion

Check it out on U Tube - http://www.youtube.com/user/GriffST3#p/a/u/0/g46Wfgb9pT8

2013 Kuga Titanium on the way!!
freddykuga2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddykuga2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 6:19pm
Must say im disapointed with the gap between the seats and boot cover .why cant ford do like lexus and have a cover that splits into two so that the seats can be upright of reclined.it seems like an over sight by ford its the only thing that lets it down.
jbkuga View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbkuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 6:21pm
i think its terrible, when i was ordering my kuga the other day i looked out for it after hearing about it on the forum and its massive, u might aswell throw the cover away when the seats are in the up right postions, i can see my self fabricating something to cover this gap.
freddykuga2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddykuga2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 6:32pm
In the lexus it has a cover that fits to the parcel shelf and then has clips that fit to the head rest they clip onto the headrest and you have enough room to move the seats back and forward.if you wantto drop the seats you just unclip it and were you have the splitin the seats the cover has a cut so you can have both the seats in different positions something so simple why have ford over looked it .I have spoken to fords customer care people as it is a security concern as you can see straight in hopefully they will look into the problem and other people on here will get intouch with them.
Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 6:38pm
The original Nissan X Trails had a two way tonneau cover that clipped in to the back of the seats and allowed for things like the 60:40 rear seat splits. There's no reason why Ford couldn't have done likewise.

09 Zetec with factory fitted: parking sensors, xenon headlights, roof rails, tyre deflation system
Feel like adding your Kuga pictures to Flickr?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic