FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Ford Edge - Spring 2016 launch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
jumborat View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jumborat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 8:41am
That's a fair and honest write up. You say Ford should have called it the ST-Line and that's exactly what they have done now.

Regarding the performance I'd be surprised if it was as slow as the Ford quoted 0-60 of 9.6 seconds. They say 10 seconds for the 180PS Powershift Kuga but I've timed mine at 8.2/8.3 seconds and I reckon the 210PS Edge would be about the same.
Kuga Titanium X 180PS AWD Powershift in Magnetic.
Sponsored Links

murcod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murcod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 9:46am
Hi Bob, great write up.

We're getting them in Australia sometime in the future- as a replacement for an Australian built SUV model that is being discontinued. I was surprised to read Ford are exporting them from the USA- how does the build quality compare to your Kuga? Some of the issues I read with their USA built Kuga clone (the Escape) have me wondering how good their quality control is in the USA plants.

We're likely to get a petrol engine option- that could make it a more interesting (but thirsty) drive.

(The 2.0l EcoBoost petrol engine we get here is one of the features that attracted me to the Kuga- I wouldn't have bought a diesel.)
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
bobuptown View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobuptown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 5:22pm
Thanks jumborat had no idea that Ford had re-badged our Nautilus Blue (aka. Too good to be blue) Edge Sport. I was at the dealership a week or so ago to pick up a GAP document and I saw a brand new 2007 Ford Edge Sport awaiting collection. As you are aware the Edge is wider and longer than a Kuga so watch those corners, our 210 ps Edge has the 20 inch black chrome alloys and although we test drove both the Titanium and the Sport the ride quality appeared to be the same however after covering 1400 miles I can confirm the Edge Sport's ride is quite hard and jittery. In terms of build quality their are a few emerging rattles but that said Mrs Bob has "stuff" coins etc all over the place, and I cannot say that the new Kuga needed to slam the doors twice to close all the Edge shut lines are wide but acceptable, note not outstanding like my Kuga powershift which also seems a tad smoother, Edge is tapperty when cold. I think Ford interior designers run out of ideas when they put together carbon and framed the air vents door trim and centre console and other functions with aluminium? and then complimented this with scratchy scratchy piano black trim, anyone recommend a really good piano black cleaner? 
murcod I did read that Ford have already closed down Ford car manufacturing in Australia not sure if it's true but apparently Ford Australia have been inundated with quality/build complaint issues for many years, their was even talk of Ford manufacturing the Ford Edge in China. 

murcod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murcod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 2:08am
We had the Falcon (sedan and ute) and Territory (SUV) designed and made here. Yes, there were some well known faults with some year models eg. Territory front lower ball joints failing (IIRC?)

They were both big vehicles and had become "out of touch" with what most private buyers wanted. Also the last couple of years they had fallen further behind imported (and local) competition.

Territory

Falcon

GM (Holden) are also stopping production of their local large sedan/ wagon/ ute - the Commodore.

Toyota also make a local version of the Camry here which is also stopping production.

So lots of closures..... lots of job losses. There is the promise of new imported replacement models eg. the Territory being replaced by the Edge (but it won't be called Edge here as Toyota has that name copyrighted!) The Falcon and Commodore are both rear wheel drive and available with powerful V8 engines, so it won't be easy replacing them with relatively affordable RWD 4 door alternatives.

Edited by murcod - 15 May 2017 at 2:12am
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic