FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Ford Edge - Spring 2016 launch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ford Edge - Spring 2016 launch
    Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 10:32am
Launching slightly later than planned when the concept design was first unveiled it looks as though the Ford Edge will finally arrive in the UK and Europe during Spring 2016 with the option of 177bhp or 207bhp diesel engines and prices expected to start around the £30,000 mark:

Here's some posts, links and pics relating to the Edge from the What would be a credible alternative to the Kuga? thread:

Originally posted by Gazwats Gazwats wrote:

Ford are launching a Mondeo based Edge SUV to their European line up from 2015:

Concept Model:

Testing:

Originally posted by Gazwats Gazwats wrote:

Autocar have another piece on the new Ford Edge including some studio pictures of the exterior & interior:

09 Zetec with factory fitted: parking sensors, xenon headlights, roof rails, tyre deflation system
Feel like adding your Kuga pictures to Flickr?
Sponsored Links

Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2015 at 7:17pm
A brief piece on the Edge by Parkers ahead of the Frankfurt motor show next week where the Euro spec Edge will be formally launched:

09 Zetec with factory fitted: parking sensors, xenon headlights, roof rails, tyre deflation system
Morph View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 8:21am
Will be getting one of these.

First time I will not have a Kuga since 09.

Look the dogs dangles

S-Max Titanium X AWD
Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 3:52pm
BruceKuga just posted this video in the Kuga Video sub forum as it's all about Ford increasing the number of AWD models across the range but at approx 1.20 into the clip is a Tiger Eye Edge in action and I have to say it looks a very nice motor.

KugaSpud View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KugaSpud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 8:33am
I was in Vancouver in May and saw a white one. It looked the dogs. My new boss picked me up in one later in the week and it is a very nice car.  

So a quick trawl and I haven't read a word, just looked at the pictures....

Considering the $CAN to the £GBP, might be worth another trip. Smile 
Frozen White 140 FWD Tit, Manual with 18" Alloys, App+Conv Packs, BT/USB -Born 25 Sept 2011, Added Extras: Mudflaps, Wax, KOC TDH, Westfalia Detachable tow bar. Some LEDs and Ford DRLs.
Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 2:10pm
Just having an afternoon browse of the Ford site and noticed the Edge e brochure was available, I don't know if it's something new on the site but anyone interested can download it form here:

There's no sign of the on line car configurator being available at the moment though. 

One or two of the colour names are 'interesting' Electric Spice and Too Good To Be True Blue LOL

Morph View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 2:59pm
Fancy one of these in Electric Spice, or a New Ranger.

S-Max Titanium X AWD
devilman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devilman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 8:20pm
Is this to replace the Kiga or be there as well as the Kuga in a big bruv kinda role?
KugaTone View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KugaTone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2015 at 7:42am
Big brother.
It's mondeo sized rather than focus sized
Kuga 4 : Titanium X Sport Moondust Silver
phaedra View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phaedra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2015 at 3:44pm
Had a look at one while we're over here in the USA, didn't really seem that much larger than my Kuga. 
MY15.25 Kuga 150 2WD in Tiger Eye Collected Dec 23rd 2014
SU-CH-Kuga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SU-CH-Kuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2015 at 6:52pm
that's true,
it's not that much lager as you expect him to be.
However, my wife had a seat in one of them in an Exhibition here in Cologne and she said she would like to have one.
So as soon as we have them available I will go and get one, for her ?? ?? and for myself !!Thumbs Up
Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2015 at 8:15pm
Autocar have just posted their first hands on review of the UK Edge albeit only driving it off road: 

KugaTone View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KugaTone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2015 at 6:38am
Prices a rebbe up on the ford website
Kuga 4 : Titanium X Sport Moondust Silver
jumborat View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jumborat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2015 at 8:27am
I have to say it looks pretty poorly specced with a lot of the luxuries standard on a Kuga TitX being optional on the Edge.

If you want to see where you're going at night the LED headlights are £1,075. A panoramic roof is £800 unless you add the LUX Pack and you also lose the roof rails. Leather is part of the £2,000 LUX Pack which adds "Perforated Leather Seats for Titanium and Perforated leather with Dinamica Seats for Sport, Variable Climate Control Seats (heated/cooled), Heated rear seats, 10-Way Power Driver (with Memory) & Passenger seat, Openable Panoramic roof with sunshade, and Power (with memory) door mirrors." To get this in the Titanium model you also have to have the Sony Premium Nav.

Spec up the Sport model and you're looking at £43,095!

Also, who came up with the colour name Too Good to be True Blue?
Kuga Titanium X 180PS AWD Powershift in Magnetic.
Morph View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2015 at 9:36am
Originally posted by phaedra phaedra wrote:

Had a look at one while we're over here in the USA, didn't really seem that much larger than my Kuga. 

Much bigger on the inside than the outside. Had one parked next to my kuga and the wife mentioned it didn't look that much bigger. I told her to sit inside, she was surprised how much bigger it was.

S-Max Titanium X AWD
Morph View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2015 at 9:42am
Originally posted by jumborat jumborat wrote:

I have to say it looks pretty poorly specced with a lot of the luxuries standard on a Kuga TitX being optional on the Edge.

If you want to see where you're going at night the LED headlights are £1,075.

To be fair LED not the same as Xenon, comparing apples to oranges and not even available on the Kuga. Same priced option on the Mondeo.

Spec up a Kuga Titanium Sport X and your looking at upper £37k

S-Max Titanium X AWD
ChrisC600 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisC600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2015 at 9:49am
I've not seen the Edge yet other than pictures, it may look better in the flesh. From what I've read if you want a good spec it's going to cost well over 40k which is a lot more than a Kuga. The Edge will have to be an exceptional car to be better than and justify the extra cost over a 180 AWD Powershift Kuga.
Titanium 180 AWD Powershift Deep Impact Blue,18 inch Alloys,Appearance Pack,Convenience Pack,Driver Assistance Pack,Factory Tow Bar,Heated Seats.   
Kugalan View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kugalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2015 at 12:01pm
As Morph said, the spec is different to the Kuga, as you are looking at the configurator you only see the extras, you don't see the things that are standard on the Edge, but not on a Kuga so perhaps you are not being fair. Also the Powershift is a 210 HP not a 180. To my knowledge the Edge also has acoustic cancelling & all sorts of other extras.
2016my Kuga Titanium 2.0 150 TDCi 2wd Eu6 Deep Impact Blue, Appearance Pack, 18" Alloys, Convenience Pack & Premium Sync II Nav with reverse camera
jumborat View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jumborat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2015 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Morph Morph wrote:

Originally posted by jumborat jumborat wrote:

If you want to see where you're going at night the LED headlights are £1,075.

To be fair LED not the same as Xenon, comparing apples to oranges and not even available on the Kuga. Same priced option on the Mondeo.

Spec up a Kuga Titanium Sport X and your looking at upper £37k

I disagree about the headlights. To be seemingly fitting halogens is something I find staggering. For the kuga to get excellent xenons whilst Edge buyers need to fork out over a grand for the LEDs isn't right. I've a feeling the facelifted Kuga will be the same come 2017 too now that xenon is quickly becoming old tech and LED seems to have caught up.

It's a nice car but spec up that Sport model and you're up there with a high spec Discovery Sport and very close to an Audi SQ5, pre discounts of course.

Kuga Titanium X 180PS AWD Powershift in Magnetic.
HugaKuga View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!
The forums Youtube & Google King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HugaKuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2015 at 2:18pm
The ETIS site used to allow registration numbers (so I'd pop in one of the media cars numbers to see what the spec is) , the site doesn't seem to allow it now ... 

Edited by HugaKuga - 24 Dec 2015 at 2:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic