FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Finally!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
L30bar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L30bar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finally!
    Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 9:43am
Finally after a 10 month wait I have been told that my St Line 1.5 ecoboost has been built and is scheduled to be with me mid november, I have been told its a MY18 and will have the updates over the MY17 model, what ever they are as the dealer didn't know.

My question to him was, if you look in all the St line models they have half leather with white contrasting stitching, however if you go on the ford web site and build an St line, when you get to the interior it has half leather with RED stitching....THATS WHAT I WANT!......so its either false advertising on fords behalf or they have change the MY18 models to red stitching....

can anyone shed any light?......does anyone have a MY18 model with red stitching in the seats?

Sponsored Links

BazKuga View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BazKuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 1:38pm
It will never be false advertising as long as the small print is there for you to read:

Imagery and information shown throughout this website may not reflect latest UK specifications, colours may vary, options and/or accessories may be featured at additional cost and locations and vehicles used may be outside of the UK.

Ford policy is one of continuous product development. The right is reserved to change specifications, colours of the models and items illustrated and described on this website at any time.

Edited by BazKuga - 11 Oct 2017 at 1:40pm
2016 Titanium X Sport AWD, 180PS 2.0 TDCi, Powershift, Ruby Red, Factory fit tow bar, Adaptive cruise control, Family pack, Driver assist pack, Keyless with hands free tailgate, BLIS.
L30bar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L30bar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 2:16pm
bloody small print drives me crazy!

tgo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 4:33pm
Wouldn't MY 18 start in March? when the 18 plate comes out.
2017 Titanium X 150 Petrol (Manual) Shadow Black - Appearance Pack - Rear Camera - Mud-Flaps.
Ozekuga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozekuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 7:16pm
in the USA the next years model (MY18) is released in September, done so the impatient people can get the next big thing now, not wait until January.
2016 Kuga Trend MY16.5
2.0L Ecoboost 242 ps AWD with Sync 2 8" touch screen
LED DRL's
Kugalan View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kugalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 9:03pm
I thought anything built after the July Aug shutdown is the next model year.
2016my Kuga Titanium 2.0 150 TDCi 2wd Eu6 Deep Impact Blue, Appearance Pack, 18" Alloys, Convenience Pack & Premium Sync II Nav with reverse camera
BazKuga View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BazKuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by L30bar L30bar wrote:

bloody small print drives me crazy!

Actually it's not that small and clearly plastered across their website on the configurator, underneath the pictures of the body colour and upholstery choices!
2016 Titanium X Sport AWD, 180PS 2.0 TDCi, Powershift, Ruby Red, Factory fit tow bar, Adaptive cruise control, Family pack, Driver assist pack, Keyless with hands free tailgate, BLIS.
L30bar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L30bar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 3:27pm
Yay!....picking my ST up tomorrow.....and I have RED STITCHING!.......1 of the first MY18 models on the road !
tgo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 5:25pm
Good, what are the updates over the 17 version? beyond red stitching.
2017 Titanium X 150 Petrol (Manual) Shadow Black - Appearance Pack - Rear Camera - Mud-Flaps.
L30bar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L30bar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 8:23pm
As far as I can tell, its a new bottom front grille, clear lenses in the headlights, rather than the amber, the ST badges are now in the black trim on the wing instead of above it, and the red stitching instead of white, to tie it into the original ST 
Fredu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fredu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 6:42am

Kuga 3 - 2017 update Ruby Red Titanium 180 TDCi AWD, X pack, Appearance Pack, Sony Speaker Upgrade, Enhanced Park Assist, Driver Assistance Pack, Heated Steering Wheel
Fredu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fredu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 6:43am
All ST and Vignale Kugas have clear section in headlight rather than amber, even 17 year model

Kuga 3 - 2017 update Ruby Red Titanium 180 TDCi AWD, X pack, Appearance Pack, Sony Speaker Upgrade, Enhanced Park Assist, Driver Assistance Pack, Heated Steering Wheel
4wdKuga View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4wdKuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 6:57am
All MK2 Kugas have clear headlights as the amber indicator is in the lower sidelight lamp.

Del.
2016 Impact Blue AWD 180 TDCI Kuga Titanium Sport
roy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 9:28am
My 66 plate mk2.5 ST line has amber in side of the headlight unit.  I think it may be a reflector rather than the indicator, as the indicator is lower down as you say
jumborat View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jumborat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 9:34am

Edited by jumborat - 31 Oct 2017 at 9:44am
Kuga Titanium X 180PS AWD Powershift in Magnetic.
jumborat View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jumborat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 9:43am
Originally posted by 4wdKuga 4wdKuga wrote:

All MK2 Kugas have clear headlights as the amber indicator is in the lower sidelight lamp.

Del.

Mk2.5 Kugas had the US spec orange side marker lenses on the outside corners of the headlights. This was changed to clear lenses on some models (should have been all, IMO) from April '17 production. That's also when the ST-Line badges were moved to the side grills and its lower front grill surround became black instead of body colour.

Typical of Ford, there was a mishmash of ST-Line models coming off the production line. Some with all the changes and some with not all!
Kuga Titanium X 180PS AWD Powershift in Magnetic.
L30bar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L30bar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 9:51am
Originally posted by jumborat jumborat wrote:

Originally posted by 4wdKuga 4wdKuga wrote:

Del.

Mk2.5 Kugas had the US spec orange side marker lenses on the outside corners of the headlights. This was changed to clear lenses on some models (should have been all, IMO) from April '17 production. That's also when the ST-Line badges were moved to the side grills and its lower front grill surround became black instead of body colour.

Typical of Ford, there was a mishmash of ST-Line models coming off the production line. Some with all the changes and some with not all!

well when I get it later I will let you all know. maybe its just the interior stitching that has been changed to RED then.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic