FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

engine judder

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
parisisal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parisisal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 8:24am
Hello,
did you solved the problem ?
I've the same problem. 

Thank you

Sponsored Links

Fletchr1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletchr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:02am
Mine was the d mass flywheel not cheap
parisisal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parisisal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 1:55pm
I get the problem in these situations :
- acceleration (5 or 6 gear) at 1800-2000 rpm
- deceleration (gas pedal totally up) : in downhill, during deceleration, when the rpm from (e.g.) 2400rpm goes down, at (around) 1900 rpm I get the problem.

dual mass flywheel... right?
Fletchr1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fletchr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 2:49pm
Don't think flywheel not sure on that one
bistray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bistray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 11:45am
DONT KNOW IF ANYONE HAS SORTED THIS YET, I HAD SIMILAR PROB, 58 PLATE TITANIUM WITH 92000, WHEN THE VEH WAS COLD TRAVELLING AT 30MPH AT ABOUT 2000 REVS ENGINE WOULD JUDDER, OK PULLING AWAY JUST DIDNT LIKE BEING AT 2000 REVS, ON MY DRIVE HOME I TOOK THE RVES UP TO THE RED IN 3RD AND 4TH FOR ABOUT 2 MILES IN EACH, SINCE THEN NO PROBLEMS REALLY SMOOTH DRIVE AND PULLS LIKE A TRAIN
bistray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bistray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 8:18pm
Has anyone solved this yet. I thought mine was fixed after it went in and had the egr and dpf cleaned and it was fine for a while but has now returned. Warranty ends soon so id like to get it sorted
J1MMY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J1MMY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 5:45pm
Not sure if yours is automatic??

But I’ve got a 2011 powershift, purchased 2 weeks ago, full ford service history, 43000 miles.

Has developed a shudder and bouncing revs, done some research on here and appears that it could be the oil/filter in gearbox. Phoned the dealer that had serviced it for the person I purchased it from and to my disappointment it’s never been done (even though had major service at 41000)!! They couldn’t even tell me what the recommended service intervals were for gearbox service (although I had already found this out online!)

So phoned my local dealer, booked it in and again asked them what recommended service interval was and they said same as on line- 37500 or 3 years! So at least they know their stuff!!!

I will update the results tomorrow, I just hope it hasn’t done any lasting damage!??? I had a golf DSG before and always had gearbox services at VW was running strong at 118500 miles!!!

Bit gutted ford is £250 as VW was £180!!

Also will get it fully serviced by my friend/mechanic(vw master tech), if the dealership didn’t do/recommend gearbox oil change who’s to say it’s been serviced correctly???? My friend/mechanic was telling me he seen mechanics leave thing like fuel filters as they 1. Can’t be bothered 2. Are timed on each job and run out of time!!

By the way he has scanned Kuga for me, no fault codes, recommended running a diesel cleaner through as well, which I have added to tank but only few miles ago.

Sorry didn’t mean to waffle on but hope any off the info helps someone and like I say will update tomorrow 🤞🏻
J1MMY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J1MMY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 11:13pm
Got Kuga back today, much smoother and no judder, much happier with it now!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic