FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Easy Fuel - its fallen apart

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
colin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Easy Fuel - its fallen apart
    Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 7:19pm
Kuga 1.5 ST Line, 15 months old, 12,000 miles

Popped into the garage yesterday to fill up with petrol, and found various bits loose when I opened the fuel flap. I have attached some photos, but its not obviously if its a simple thing to re-assemble and fix myself, or if the car needs to go back to the dealer for repair.

Anyone had a similar problem?

Sponsored Links

NigelB View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NigelB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 7:36pm
They have all come from the inside of the filler cap.

Take it to the dealer, as it is a safety issue, they should do it on the spot.
Coming in July Titanium X Diesel Auto in Chrome Blue
Helipilot View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helipilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 8:12pm
Still under warranty....take it back
2018 Deep Impact Blue ST Line Ecoboost...Fully Loaded
colin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 8:44pm
thanks for the advice, will pop it back to the dealer this week
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 9:35pm
Is that all the parts, is it possible something has got into the tank? urgent action by the dealer is needed under warranty
Kuga 1,Platinum White Titanium with X Pack
Kuga 2, Panther Black Titanium X Sport
Kuga 3 Frozen White, ST Line,with many extras (and ongoing DAB text fault)
Ozekuga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozekuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 10:30pm
I'm surprised you haven't got a check engine light.
The fuel system should be sealed to stop petrol vapours escaping, when the sealing leaks it should put the light on.
2016 Kuga Trend MY16.5 Deep Impact Blue
2.0L Ecoboost 242 ps AWD with Sync 2 8" touch screen
LED DRL's, Mud flaps
colin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 8:29am
Contacted my dealer, trustford in staines, they generally were not interested, did not see it as anything to be concerned about. They said next time I am passing to pop in and they take a look. Given what has been said here, my wife is going to pop down today to them, let's see what they say when they see it directly.
NigelB View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NigelB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 9:13am
If they still refuse (I was going to order from Trust Ford Alperton but the service in the showroom and their 'difficulty' in arranging a test drive meant that I went to SMC in Datchet) ask her to pop down to SMC in Uxbridge, Slough or Datchet.
colin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:42am
my wife went into Trust Ford Alperton this morning, they took a look and have ordered parts, with luck they will get the parts in for Friday, where the car is booked in to fixed the problem. It appears this may be a known problem....
colin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:44am
Sorry Trust Ford Staines, not Alperton....
NigelB View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NigelB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 1:24pm
Good, glad to see they stepped up to the mark, it's only a ten minute job.
colin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 9:30am
Shame on you Trust Ford Staines - Absolutely appalling customer service!

Got a call from them yesterday saying the part was in and confirming the appointment today for the easy Fuel cap to be fixed.

So the wife took the car in this morning, and first thing, they did not know it had been booked in at all, they questioned why she had not made an appointment.... Then she is told its not a 'fix while you wait' as she had been lead to believe, but they need the car for the whole day. She is also now told it might be chargeable, although they cannot confirm, that is down to ford to decided....

What is she meant to do, the garage is not local.  I have just phoned up and complained, they cannot provide a courtesy car as they need to be booked 5 weeks in advance (what!!!!). Anyway they have now agreed to prioritise the repair in the workshop, so she is going to wait....

Lets see how things progress.

Trust Ford Staines - you need to sort out your customer service and internal communication....
NigelB View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NigelB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 9:41am
Drove past there yesterday, looks like a building site.

Where (general location) in west London are you Colin?
Ozekuga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozekuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 10:17am
Originally posted by colin colin wrote:

Shame on you Trust Ford Staines - Absolutely appalling customer service!

Got a call from them yesterday saying the part was in and confirming the appointment today for the easy Fuel cap to be fixed.

So the wife took the car in this morning, and first thing, they did not know it had been booked in at all, they questioned why she had not made an appointment.... Then she is told its not a 'fix while you wait' as she had been lead to believe, but they need the car for the whole day. She is also now told it might be chargeable, although they cannot confirm, that is down to ford to decided....

What is she meant to do, the garage is not local.  I have just phoned up and complained, they cannot provide a courtesy car as they need to be booked 5 weeks in advance (what!!!!). Anyway they have now agreed to prioritise the repair in the workshop, so she is going to wait....

Lets see how things progress.

Trust Ford Staines - you need to sort out your customer service and internal communication....

I'd book the car in to another Ford dealer to have the repair done under warranty and let Ford Staines decide who they sell the bits they have for your car too.
Don't put up with terrible customer service the Dealer will think they can get away with murder.
2016 Kuga Trend MY16.5 Deep Impact Blue
2.0L Ecoboost 242 ps AWD with Sync 2 8" touch screen
LED DRL's, Mud flaps
NigelB View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NigelB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 10:23am
Sound advice. There are better dealers in Wst London
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 10:34am
So a device that's fallen apart which clearly should not fall apart, is not in warranty at 15 months. I think I'd be asking how had it fallen apart if it had been 4 years.

Sounds like a great dealer there.
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.
colin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 1:47pm
Ok, after getting them to prioritise the job in the workshop, and being told it was 30 minutes before the job could start, then 2-3 hours for it to be undertaken.

Well job completed within the hour, job done are car back with my wife. Nice quick service, if we had not had the 'cr*p' at the beginning, I would be posting a nice message saying how pleased I was with the dealer. Unfortunately that has not been the case, a complete failure in customer communication / customer service has given me cause to look for a new dealer.

Customer service Fail....
NigelB View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NigelB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 1:54pm
Use SMC next time Colin, always good and well-reviewed.
colin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 4:37pm
Previously I have always owned my cars outright, and this is my second Ford Kuga. I have always used independant service garages previously as I have found I get a much better service, and generally they are also a little cheaper. However this car is on a private lease, so I have been using the main dealer so not to run into any issues at the end when I return the car.

I must say I am not that impressed with the main dealers, I have had a few issues now that I never experienced with independent garages. It's like they have the attitude that its there absolute right to treat you as they like, you have no choice but to return.

Well I do have a choice, and I will not return....

One bad dealer however does not destroy my like of the Ford Kuga, its a great car Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic