FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Changing side light bulbs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
4wdKuga View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4wdKuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Changing side light bulbs
    Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 8:20pm
Knowing the problem with difficulty of access in changing the front side light bulbs I made an attempt today to swap them for LED`s, when you first look at the lamp it looks as though there is two side lamp bulbs in each side but as I found out there is only one bulb that looks like two due to the reflector design, so firstly you have to undo the splash guard by removing the fasteners six in the arch and two underneath the bumper these in themselves are difficult to remove even with button removal tools I still managed to knacker three of them the two underneath are especially difficult to remove, then remove the wheel in order to pull the splash guard away from the arch in order to be able to get your arm in to the back of the lamp, get hold of  the bulb holder twist it clockwise and pull it away from the lamp, next problem there is very little slack in the wiring so you struggle to remove the bulb with one hand and then fit the LED. 

Then reverse the process - all in all its an awkward job to do, whatever happened to just undoing a couple of screws to remove the lamp lense and replace a bulb!

Del.

Edited by 4wdKuga - 17 Oct 2017 at 7:35pm
2016 Impact Blue AWD 180 TDCI Kuga Titanium Sport
Sponsored Links

murcod View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murcod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 11:41pm
Mine only has one each side. Have you checked which bulb comes on when you turn the steering wheel?
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic