FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Bought Our First Kuga

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rmg1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bought Our First Kuga
    Posted: 05 Jan 2016 at 9:17pm
It's a 2009 Kuga Zetec TDCi with 70k, bit of a change coming from an '08 Zafira SRi 1.9CDTI 150

This photo was took in the dealers yard.

Sponsored Links

c130jtechie View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c130jtechie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2016 at 12:24pm
Welcome, hope all goes well, we have had our Mk1 Zetec now for 6 years, 7 years old (74K) and it is still fantastic, looks, driveability, reliability etc which is why we still have it, usually change at 3 years. Ironically had the same car as you previously which we had loads of problems with Engine/gearbox wise.

Values are holdng well too.

rmg1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2016 at 7:10pm
Our Zafira was starting to give bother as well, my wife said it lost power twice in the last couple of weeks especially pulling out of junctions, we've been eyeing up Kuga's for about the last year and the time was now right to buy one. As for the value's yes they seem to hold on well, I would have liked to have come up to at least a 2011 model but hey ho the one we got is mint, just need to try and sort out the drivers window bounce.
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2016 at 7:31pm
Theres a section in handbook which descibes the procedure for resetting windows and is farely straightforward. If by any chance you didnt get the handbook you can download it from Ford UK....Good luck and enjoy

Edited by phoneman - 06 Jan 2016 at 7:32pm
MK2 Titanium X Sport in Panther Black, wind deflectors, bumper and bonnet protectors
ecclessport554 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecclessport554 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 8:45am
You wont be disappointed matey...enjoy 
Kuga 2.0tdci Titanium,18" alloys,protection pack alloy pedals,LED sidelights,bosal towbar and 13 pin electrics....lovely
DaveUrq View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveUrq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 2:06pm
I'm sure you will enjoy it. Welcome.
Tony3917 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony3917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 9:09pm
Welcome. Enjoy the Kuga, I do. Bought my 2011 at 3 years old (oldest car I've ever owned) only wish I'd done it sooner, love the car 👍😄
Love my Kuga. White Mk1 auto AWD TitaniumX 163PS. All singing & dancing with all the bells & whistles. Personal reg &
side steps fitted. 😎 Tony
Scuzzy_kuga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scuzzy_kuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2016 at 7:32pm
How easy is it to install parking sensors as the one I pick up next Saturday doesn't have them.......but it does have the dark tinted rear windows which I can see are going to be a problem for me reversing
Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2016 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Scuzzy_kuga Scuzzy_kuga wrote:

How easy is it to install parking sensors as the one I pick up next Saturday doesn't have them.......but it does have the dark tinted rear windows which I can see are going to be a problem for me reversing
There's plenty of existing helpful info, advice, and suggestions around this forum, for example:

09 Zetec with factory fitted: parking sensors, xenon headlights, roof rails, tyre deflation system
Feel like adding your Kuga pictures to Flickr?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scuzzy_kuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2016 at 7:41pm
Hey thanks for the info I will look into that   
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2016 at 8:37pm
Tinted windows wont be a problem, they appear clear from inside, reversing skills are a different matter but sensors are a great help
MK2 Titanium X Sport in Panther Black, wind deflectors, bumper and bonnet protectors
Tony3917 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony3917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2016 at 10:05pm
Mirrors are ideal for reversing!
Love my Kuga. White Mk1 auto AWD TitaniumX 163PS. All singing & dancing with all the bells & whistles. Personal reg &
side steps fitted. 😎 Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scuzzy_kuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 7:05am
That will be a new concept for me to use my mirrors
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic