FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

AWD Malfunction / Haldex servicing info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 293031
Author
tarmo120 View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarmo120 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 5:34pm
I used a bolt and a hammer. But the issue is you can only hit one side at a time.
You can only fit the bolt/pin in the hole while the hole is on the left side of the car. Passenger side for the UK models.
Hit it a few times, then rotate the coupling 180 degrees. Hit again, and rotate again. It was really annoying.
I did try the pneumatic hammer, but it wasnt enought power. For future, I would thread those holes and use bolts to press it out. But I always forget to do that.
2008 Ford Kuga Titanium AWD Tango(Red)
Sponsored Links

martinw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martinw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 1:15pm
Thanks for the reply and advice. On the left (passenger side - UK) of the pump is the ECU. So presumably remove the ECU first ? (to give a bit more room). But even with that removed, as the holes on the coupling are well inset compared to the haldex housing there is still only about 7cm between the coupling and the housing (not taking into account the length of the pin/bolt). Very tight to get a straight blow with the hammer. I'm surprised you managed it !
The idea of threading the holes and pressing out the CV joint in future is a good one - may do it myself (but got to get the coupling off first!). Gave me thoughts about using one of my threaded pullers in reverse to push against a pin/bolt, but not enough space to get it in and nowhere flat on the housing to push against.
2012 Mk 1 2.5T Auto Titanium X
tarmo120 View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarmo120 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 4:34pm
Oh sorry. I think I removed the ECU(also to clean the solenoids and sensor)
And after that you can access one of the holes from the left side(looking back to front)
2008 Ford Kuga Titanium AWD Tango(Red)
steverav1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steverav1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 6:32pm
so the other day i had the deaded awd malfunction on my 09 kuga with gen3 haldex

it has blown the fuse in the fusebox so i unplugged the pump on the haldex and replaced the fuse i still have the awd malfunction but dont have blown fuses can someone confirm that the pump is the likely cause and have to replace it 

steve 
b road blaster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b road blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 8:22pm
Has the oil and filter ever been changed ?? 
as on my mk 1 when i had that i changed the oil and filter at 30k and 
it was mucky and the filter was quite blocked so you may find that 
clean oil and filter may sort it.

steverav1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steverav1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:16pm
yes oil ad filter changed 6 months since
Ozekuga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozekuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:27pm
The pump seems to have failed, and will need to be replaced.
2016 Kuga Trend MY16.5 Deep Impact Blue
2.0L Ecoboost 242 ps AWD with Sync 2 8" touch screen
LED DRL's, Mud flaps
steverav1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steverav1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 10:31pm
this is what i thaught when i disconnect the pump the fuse doesnt blow soon as its plugged in the fuse blows
b road blaster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b road blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 9:40am
Yep it would seem its time for a new pump then.
steverav1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steverav1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 6:35am
ok i have recieved my new pump can i plug it into the car and test it to see if the awd malfunction light goes out without it been fitted into the haldex system or does it have to be in the system???
Ozekuga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozekuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 9:56am
I don't know anything about the Haldex system, but I wouldn't advocate powering up an oil pump without any oil for it to pump. The pump relies on the oil to keep it lubricated and could possibly seize up or at the very least cause premature wear.
I would just fit it.
2016 Kuga Trend MY16.5 Deep Impact Blue
2.0L Ecoboost 242 ps AWD with Sync 2 8" touch screen
LED DRL's, Mud flaps
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 293031
  Share Topic