FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Ambient Lighting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
SteveA View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 2:30am
Ambient lighting comes as standard in the Titanium versions in NZ.

Steve
Sponsored Links

MadDog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 2:37am
Thanks Steve, for letting us know, I bet you won't like too be without now ?
M-D
SteveA View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 3:52am
In truth, I hardly notice it unless I am looking for something and then it proves quite useful. Some of the colours are pretty hard to differentiate between and even harder to work out what they are supposed to actually be.

Steve
MadDog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 3:57am
I guess once you got them it's nothing special, but knowing their meant too be there and you can't have them makes it a bigger deal I guess. Thanks for replying to my message tho.
Cheers
M-D

Edited by MadDog - 20 Nov 2013 at 3:58am
Rob1990 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rob1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 10:06am
Just for clarification, I know there is no ambient lighting on the uK versions, but does it come with footwell lights front and rear?

I've read a couple of sites now that seem to suggest its part of the UK spec.

I could live without the other lights (just) if it has footwell lights
javadudd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote javadudd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 10:12am
Just the front not in the rear.
Kuga MK2 Titanium TX 2.0 TDCi 163PS, Powershift, Frozen White, Sony Nav with DAB Radio/CD and rear view camera, Appearance pack, Convenience pack, Family pack, Keyless Entry. Rec'd 21st Oct.
Rob1990 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 11:33am
Originally posted by javadudd javadudd wrote:

Just the front not in the rear.

Cheers friend
MadDog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 11:54pm
Maybe you fit some blue LEDs under the seats or somewhere thanks javadudd for letting us know. What colour is if you don't mind me asking is it just the standard white light ?
Cheers
M-D
kugamick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kugamick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 10:05pm
Did this get sorted in the UK?  I have a French model which has it, and it's really cool.  My kids love it as do their friends.  It gives the interior the feeling of a futuristic spaceship.  I hope you are able to get it in the UK - seems silly to not offer it.
Kuga
andyhud View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyhud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2014 at 8:38am
Ive got a UK TitX Sport and indeed it has footwell lighting in the front but not the back (thats a guess without me going outside to look)

I'm intruiged to see if the wiring does exist already and its just a matter of popping bulbs in places so can anyone (not in the UK) who has ambient lighting take a picture of where the bulb holders are in the rear of the car etc? I might dismantle the overhead controls for the moonroof (love that name) too and see if the wiring is there for ambient lighting. I highly doubt it but its got to be worth a look

Andy
June 2014 Mk2 Kuga Titanium X Sport in Platinum White + Adaptive Cruise Control / Ford Keyless Entry & Hands Free TailGate / Driver Assistance Pack / BLIS / Family Pack
SteveA View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2014 at 9:51am
Have it in the front here (NZ) but not in the back.

For under the seats you might be able to get a power feed from the ones in the back of the central drnk holder. That still leaves you with integrating your own lights with however they are made to change colour. Guessing it might be variable voltage on a secondary feed.

Steve

Edited by SteveA - 07 Jul 2014 at 11:00am
gwernaffield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwernaffield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 4:49pm
Hi there is a pack you can buy for the escape version , will it fit the uk version ? 
Kugalan View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kugalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 9:02pm
From facelift they appear to be standard on Titanium X & Titanium X Sport
Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Kugalan Kugalan wrote:

From facelift they appear to be standard on Titanium X & Titanium X Sport
Indeed they are:
Originally posted by mafftink mafftink wrote:

Thought you might like to see some information I received from a Ford dealer which explains more about the spec changes from September.  I currently drive a 2013 C-Max and will be replacing it in December.  I like the Kuga but have had two C-Maxes in the past four years both with the same dash as the Kuga, so am pleased they are updating it just in time for me to change my car.

The 2016 model year Kuga coming into production on the 14/09

Introduction of a new series: Kuga Titanium Sport- offering expressive sporty styling - adds full body styling kit, rear spoiler, 18" alloys and active park assist over standard Titanium spec.

SYNC2 with 8" touchscreen standard on the Titanium, Titanium Sport, Titanium X and Titanium X Sport.

Introduction of a new lead in engine on the Zetec spec 1.5 Ecoboost with 120ps 6 speed manual.

Panther Black paint will be replaced with Shadow Black

Ginger Ale and Platinum White will be removed

New Colour: Green Instinct

Addition of ambient lighting on the Titanium X and Titanium X Sport.

Power folding door mirrors are now standard on Titanium X and Titanium X Sport

Floor mats (front) become standard on the Zetec spec.

The Zetec will have a 4.2" colour centre display.

Power opening and closing panorama roof is now linked to the front and rear window global opening/closing function

Taken from:
09 Zetec with factory fitted: parking sensors, xenon headlights, roof rails, tyre deflation system
Feel like adding your Kuga pictures to Flickr?
KugaTone View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KugaTone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 8:12pm
How do you change the colour of the ambient lighting?
Picked up new Tit X sport today and all lights are green unless door is open , then it's red, pushing buttons or turning the ambient light knob doesn't seem to do anything.
Kuga 4 : Titanium X Sport Moondust Silver
KugaTone View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KugaTone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2016 at 11:05am
Sorted it 👍
Alaticsfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alaticsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 3:49pm
Do all titanium x sport have ambient lighting.
KugaTone View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KugaTone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 5:07pm
My 2014 did not but the late '15 onwards with the revised stereo/ bigger sat nav screen do
Pc58owl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pc58owl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 3:53pm
How did you sort out your lighting havein same problem . Thanks for any help
KugaTone View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KugaTone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 8:15am
You need to have at least the side lights on before the ambient lighting comes on.
Then the button in the overhead consul on the drivers side turns the ambient lights on or off , the rotary dial is for the brightness and the passenger side button changes the colour palette
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic