FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Ambient Lighting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Ursus View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ursus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ambient Lighting
    Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 5:51pm

From comments on here I am picking up that we in the UK do not get ambient lighting fitted or even available as an option.  I did start to think it was just available to the USA escape market but after a search of Flickr it appears to be fitted to the Spanish Kuga Titanium-X.  Is this another case of rip-off britain? http://www.flickr.com/photos/72007988@N04/8586644459/. Also noted though that it looks like a Titanium-X but has the Titanium 17" wheels fitted?
Paul.

Edited by Ursus - 26 Mar 2013 at 1:03am
Kuga No'2, MkII Titanium X, AWD, Frozen White. Swapping for - Kuga No'3, MkII Titanium X Sport, AWD, Frozen White, July 4th.
Sponsored Links

westie38 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westie38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 9:01pm
The button to the left of the rotary switch in the roof console is the colour palette (seven colour options on the Escape), according to the downloadable manual...  If the UK spec doesn't have ambient lighting (or even footwell lighting, what function does that particular switch have? Really poor effort by Ford UK in my opinion - even our Fiesta Zetec has roof-mounted red ambient lighting, and lower trim red ambient lighting!
Oh, hold on - they do give us a compass though - whoopty dooWink
buzzrm View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 9:11pm
Fwiw, it's listed as an option here in Switzerland, and a cost is shown in the price list.

But when I ordered my new one today, the dealer couldn't actually select the option as it was blocked. He's put in a separate request, so we'll see!
Ursus View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ursus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 2:53am
Cheers buzzrm, also available in Germany too, "global car - (excluding the UK)".
Paul
Kuga No'2, MkII Titanium X, AWD, Frozen White. Swapping for - Kuga No'3, MkII Titanium X Sport, AWD, Frozen White, July 4th.
buzzrm View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 6:47am
My dealer has checked with Ford Switzerland and says there's no problem in getting the ambient lighting I wanted. He still couldn't explain why it was showing as "blocked" on the ordering screen.
OracIe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OracIe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 4:29pm
We viewed a friends Mk2 Kuga last night (Titanium) - he was looking through his hand book last night and contacted me today as he reckons his UK manual mentions ambient lighting - which to me suggests it should be available on UK models.
Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by OracIe OracIe wrote:

We viewed a friends Mk2 Kuga last night (Titanium) - he was looking through his hand book last night and contacted me today as he reckons his UK manual mentions ambient lighting - which to me suggests it should be available on UK models.
Just a word of caution with that assumption as the Mk1 manual is a generic manual which covers features like the supplemental heater for example which is only available in Scandinavian countries, thus the Mk2 manual could well follow suit and cover things not necessarily available in certain countries.
09 Zetec with factory fitted: parking sensors, xenon headlights, roof rails, tyre deflation system
Feel like adding your Kuga pictures to Flickr?
OracIe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OracIe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 4:42pm
I see!
MadDog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 3:26am
Ford have put ambient lighting in their new Focus in the UK but not in our new Kuga MK 2 it was in the Kuga brochure tho but as we know we don't have it.

I'm sure someone in this group said that ford had no plans too release it in the UK. That was one of the things I liked

Anyway if it's in the Kuga brochure and you don't get it that must be false advertising.

Here is the link where I got this info from http://www.artiss.co.uk/2013/06/ford-focus-tips-for-a-new-owner

Below is from the website telling you how too operate the ambient lighting.

The Titanium X Focus has some lovely ambient lighting which can be fully adjusted. My belief is that on the Titanium it has the same lighting but it can’t be adjusted. This consists of LEDs which light up key areas of the car – door handles, cup holders, etc.

Above the rear view mirror is a panel on the roof (behind the specticle holder) Which consists of a white, rotatable knob and flanked by a button either side. The knob lets you adjust the brightness of the ambient lighting and the buttons allow the interior lighting to be switched on/off and, of most interest, change the colour of the ambient lighting.

Many people, though, that they seem to be unable to change the colour. The thing is, the ambient lighting will often come on but it can only be adjusted when 3 conditions are met…

The ignition is on.
Your lights are on (sidelights included)
It’s actually dark outside – you can’t fool it by turning on your lights during the daytime.
Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 10:55am
Originally posted by MadDog MadDog wrote:

snip.........Anyway if it's in the Kuga brochure and you don't get it that must be false advertising.
Sorry MD but that comment is not true and has been mentioned a few times on here (Bobuptown for example with his rear seats trays missing on his Mk1).

Ford just like any other mainstream motor manufacturer in the UK have Ts & Cs (get out clauses) printed within their brochures which states that the details/specifications contained within the brochure are liable to change at any notice without any notice.
Quote This catalogue was correct at the time of going to print. Ford policy is one of continuous development, The right is reserved to change specifications, colours and prices of the models and items illustrated and described in this publication at any time.
It also goes on to state:
Quote Note: Some images portrayed are of a pre-production model and/or are computer generated, therefore, the design/features on the final version of the vehicle may differ in various respects.
I'm not saying I agree with it, all I'm saying is that it's not false advertising and if it was false advertising then someone within the UK (quite possibly the Advertising Standards Agency, or the Citizens Advice Bureau) would have taken Ford and the other motor manufacturers to court over this a long time ago.

Moving back to the subject of ambient lighting who's to say that it's not introduced during the mid-life face lift (2015?) along with the larger sat nav that some folks on here would prefer.

Edited by Gazwats - 16 Nov 2013 at 10:59am
09 Zetec with factory fitted: parking sensors, xenon headlights, roof rails, tyre deflation system
Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 11:36am
Some images of it:

Example of a similar overhead control function:

MadDog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 8:15pm
Thanks Gazwats for explaining it too me, I just hate the way you see things in the brochure, and then we don't get them, so I guess then by their statement when you pick up the vehicle you may have a few options missing or in Fords words they are unavailable in this Country. We lose out again. Regards M-D
Rob1990 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rob1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 6:12pm
Hmmmm.

Not very impressive this lack of ambient lighting thing.

I was just about to go and thrash out a deal for a new titanium, but this has made me have second thoughts.

I know it must seem like a minor thing to some, but if I'm paying 25k for a car, I would expect it to have footwell lights as a minimum

Jeez, even my mates new Fiesta has ambient lighting!

I take it there is no way around this?
Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Rob1990 Rob1990 wrote:

Hmmmm.

I was just about to go and thrash out a deal for a new titanium, but this has made me have second thoughts.

I know it must seem like a minor thing to some, but if I'm paying 25k for a car, I would expect it to have footwell lights as a minimum

There maybe.

The Mk1 Zetec didn't come advertised with the footwell lights that the Mk1 Titanium came with, however the bulb holders were in the Zetec but Ford just hadn't fitted the bulbs.

As per: http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/zetec-footwell-lights_topic1140.html

So the holders/wiring may already be in place, just need to find a Mk2 owner who fancies getting on their backs and into the foot well armed with a torch to check under the dashboard!

Rob1990 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by Gazwats Gazwats wrote:

Originally posted by Rob1990 Rob1990 wrote:

Hmmmm.

There maybe.

The Mk1 Zetec didn't come advertised with the footwell lights that the Mk1 Titanium came with, however the bulb holders were in the Zetec but Ford just hadn't fitted the bulbs.

As per: http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/zetec-footwell-lights_topic1140.html

So the holders/wiring may already be in place, just need to find a Mk2 owner who fancies getting on their backs and into the foot well armed with a torch to check under the dashboard!

I read that and also hope its a similar situation with the Mk2
MadDog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 7:37pm
Thanks Rob, I'm pleased too know I'm not the only one that thinks ambient lighting should be fitted. That was also my point about a 25K + motor not having them fitted. Welcome to the group.
Cheers
Mad Dog
Rob1990 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rob1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by MadDog MadDog wrote:

Thanks Rob, I'm pleased too know I'm not the only one that thinks ambient lighting should be fitted. That was also my point about a 25K + motor not having them fitted. Welcome to the group.
Cheers
Mad Dog

And thank you for my welcome!

I've been a lurker on the forum for a while and thought I'd sign up due to my impending Kuga purchase

25k is not a throwaway amount for most people and I'm no different. I'd be prepared to spend to have it as a fitted extra but to hear that it's not even available as an optional extra in the UK is a head shaker.

I wonder if it's possible to buy the parts from overseas and have them retrofitted?
MadDog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 9:01pm
You're welcome my friend, I can't believe fiesta's have them but we don't.

yes you might be able to get a kit from the US as I believe the Escape is now the Kuga over there, when I get my Kuga in Jan it's shame we can't compare the specs as I know they get a whole lot more than us. I also prefer their light switch to ours as well, ours look cheap compare to theirs.

If I find away I will give you a shout, perhaps you could do the same please ?
Anyway enjoy the group my friend and there are a lot of Knowledgeable people on here, I'm sure they will be willing to help you if they can.
Regards
M-D
jkalimer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkalimer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 8:26am
My Kuga has ambient lighting ... (as extra)
I order my Kuga at the end of May and I pick up at the end of September ...

FORD KUGA MK2 2.0 TDCI AWD 163PS
MadDog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 2:35pm
Hi Jkalimer, pleased you got it. I guess you must be allowed to have ambient lighting over there. there's nothing Great in Britain any more. enjoy it my friend. M-D
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic