FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

ALL wrong / missing mats posts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Escapism View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Escapism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 3:00pm
Funny, same thing happened to me here in the States. I ordered the floor mats from my dealer that have "Escape" embroidered on the edge facing the door. When I got them in and got home, to my surprise when I opened the package they were the standard mats. So I had to take them back and wait while they did a special order. Took a week to get them in. But the dealers web site/parts department clearly states in the description that the lettering is included.
Sponsored Links

bill3 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 4:49pm
I have spoken to ford uk they said that the mats with logo are not supplied anymore. and what I have is what you get happy days on the up side it could have been no leather seats.

happy days
bill
kuga4574 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuga4574 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 5:02pm
H Bill
Are they still the velour mats though ?
It will be interesting to see if Eamon gets his mats
Geoff
bill3 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 7:17pm
hi Geoth

Yes they are velour. I supposed it just depends on how good your dealer is if you want the mats we should have received.my experience with fords has not been that good. Had to have the tailgate re-aligned and a screw fell out off the tray under the car just in front of the near-side rear wheel use to make a flapping noise over fifty MPH took awhile too work out what it was. it was driving me up the wall. NOT VERY GOOD FOR A CAR COSTING 30K

BILL
shaziman View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaziman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 12:22pm
Ford make 4 brochures a year for each model, for example if you buy a car this year, it could be a 2013 MY, 2013.25MY, 2013.5MY or 2013.75MY. They are usually 1 quarter ahead in years, so now is the time the 2014 spec is being sold. You have to check that when you ordered what MY your car is.

(MY = Model Year)

You may order in March, but you could get a 2013MY or a 2013.25MY. This is reflected in the brochures on the back page and printed vertically, along with the get out clause. 

An example, when Ford released the Mk3 Focus, the premium centre console was fitted to Zetec trim and above. They found that no-one was buying the Studio trim, so they moved the premium console to Titanium spec and above to use up the excess consoles ordered for the Studio spec.  

There were alot of customers confused by this, but this was to do with the 2011.75MY and 2012MY changes. 

Ford are in their right to do this and if your not happy, then don't accept delivery. They have no obligation to fulfil the brochure spec if there are manufacturing or supply and demand issues.
Current: 2014 Kuga Tit X 140ps 2WD in Deep Impact Blue with Appearance and Protection Packs,Reversing Sensors

Old:2013 Kuga Tit 163PS Frozen White, with Appearance & Protection Packs,Reverse Sensors
ODONO View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODONO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 11:46am
4 weeks now with my new Kuga still no mats and no books Angry
ordered April 29th Titanium X
1.6T 2WD frozen white, Appearance pack, Convenience pack,front & rear mudflaps.hood protector,expected july now august picked up Sept 11th.
kuga4574 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuga4574 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 12:18pm
When I looked at the car on friday there was a book and some mats (not the right ones)
collecting tomorrow morning
ODONO View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODONO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by kuga4574 kuga4574 wrote:

When I looked at the car on friday there was a book and some mats (not the right ones)
collecting tomorrow morning
YES we given cheap mats that do not fit the TX mats are £90 i know that Ford can change their spec to suit, but when we ordered in April the velour mats were in the brochure so I'm sticking out for them, been told reason for delay is because its a warranty  claim Confused

-   

-   

1.6T 2WD frozen white, Appearance pack, Convenience pack,front & rear mudflaps.hood protector,expected july now august picked up Sept 11th.
kuga4574 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuga4574 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 6:27am
Originally posted by Gazwats Gazwats wrote:

Incase it's been missed there's info on the missing mats and the various responses Ford have given other KOC members here:

The dealer told me he has ordered the correct mats and he has got to pay for them as ford will not
time will tell
javadudd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javadudd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 8:11am

A Front set of the Logo'd version can be bought Here good price at the moment I think Â£20.25 not inc del.Wink

Kuga MK2 Titanium TX 2.0 TDCi 163PS, Powershift, Frozen White, Sony Nav with DAB Radio/CD and rear view camera, Appearance pack, Convenience pack, Family pack, Keyless Entry. Rec'd 21st Oct.
kuga4574 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuga4574 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 8:23am
The dealer got me a set of them but they didn't fit
but at the moment mats are a minor problem
javadudd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javadudd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 8:34am
Originally posted by kuga4574 kuga4574 wrote:

The dealer got me a set of them but they didn't fit
but at the moment mats are a minor problem
Damn thought I'd solved it - I haven't received them yet but should be here today or tomorrow so will report back if they are any differentWink

Probably why they are selling them off cheapShocked
Kuga MK2 Titanium TX 2.0 TDCi 163PS, Powershift, Frozen White, Sony Nav with DAB Radio/CD and rear view camera, Appearance pack, Convenience pack, Family pack, Keyless Entry. Rec'd 21st Oct.
ODONO View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODONO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 8:41am
The mats in mine when i picked it up did not fit found out later they were for a left hand drive model LOL there still in my garage,got my new ones but because of the weather now have put my winter ones in .
krugerandsmith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krugerandsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Eamonn Eamonn wrote:

Thought i'd put the update here rather than go off topic on the "delay" thred.

you may remember that when my car arrived last week it was missing the KUGA Logo mats as shown in the Brochure and as it said the X model should have them.. i wanted them  ;) 

anyway got a reply from my dealer yesterday, saying that the mats in my Kuga are what is supplied by Ford at build and the following info

"I am pleased to inform you that we have ordered, as a goodwill gesture, the mats with Kuga logo for you. They should be here by the weekend, I will of course let you know when they arrive."
and 
 "<span style="line-height: 1.4;">The mats you have are the standard fitment from Ford and we have checked all
other stock cars, Titanium and Titanium X's, which have the same. It seems the
brochure has misprinted the information, which unfortunately happens from time
to time."</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">so looks like a bit more penny </span>pinching<span style="line-height: 1.4;"> by Ford, but my dealer is doing the right thing and getting me what I want. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">So its a well done by my dealer, they are improving and making me a happier customer..</span>
</span>

Goodwill gesture my backside......The car should be as stated at the time you placed your order.
Eamonn View Drop Down
Kuga 2 X

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eamonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 10:43am
Originally posted by javadudd javadudd wrote:

A Front set of the Logo'd version can be bought Here good price at the moment I think Â£20.25 not inc del.Wink

just been on live chat and there description and photo is incorrect they aren't logo'd..
so looks like dealers are correct in saying no logo'd mats for the MK2 :(
Glad i managed to get a rubber set and boot liner off my dealer in place of velour ones :) 

Ford Kuga MkII 2.0 TDCi Titanium X
javadudd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javadudd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 11:54am
Yup they've updated it now Cry
KevLewis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevLewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 12:10am
Got my car today... Absolutely love it and I am still mega excited.. My 6&8 year old boys love it to bits and we have already spoke about all the planned boys adventures we are going to do in it this year and years to come!!

Also about how much boys stuff we can fit in it, to do boys stuff!!!

But yep , no kuga logo'd mats
robernell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robernell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 12:48pm
I picked mine up yesterday too, and I got a set of logo'd rubber mats, which fit nicely thrown in.
ginja View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 10:33pm
I'm having my kuga off motability so technically it's not mine, it being a Zetec it stated in the brochure I downloaded that it would only have front mats but not to mater as I'm gonna buy some off eBay anyway that can be ordered in different colours with different edging colours plus a boot carpet in same colour, so will probably go for some that match the bodycolour for about £30, but saying that I'll look online too to see if there are any available with the kuga logo on them.
Kuga mk2 (April 2014 arival date)Deep Impact Blue Zetec 140hp AwD 2.0L Tdci(parking sensors, appearance pack)
Current car Fiesta Mk4 Rat look ;)
Previous "Cougar 2.5 V6 mk2"
Paulhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 9:38am
I have also got plain mats. Dealer (Evans Halshaw) said that I got what was supplied by the factory. I would also prefer to have the mats as specified in the brochure.
Kuga 2 Titanium X, Sterling Grey, 163 AWD Powershift uto, appearance pack, keyless, Sony Nav with rear view camera and rear sensors. Thule towbar/13 pin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic