FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

ALL wrong / missing mats posts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
kuga4574 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuga4574 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ALL wrong / missing mats posts
    Posted: 09 Aug 2013 at 10:56am
Edit by gazwats: FYI as the subject of missing/wrong mats could become a recurring theme affecting other KOC members, seeing as Eamonn is the first to encounter this I've moved some posts relating to this issue into this specific thread which Eamonn started earlier today in the hope that it may be of help to others.

So the comment below by kuga4574 relates to the comments in this thread where the issue was first flagged up: 

Originally posted by kuga4574 kuga4574 wrote:

I've Lets hope so
What response did you get about carpets being wrong?

Edited by Gazwats - 15 Aug 2013 at 1:21pm
Sponsored Links

Eamonn View Drop Down
Kuga 2 X

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eamonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2013 at 11:12am
Still waiting for a reply, (but salesperson i dealt with is on holiday till the 12th so i'll give them some time ;) )

Ford Kuga MkII 2.0 TDCi Titanium X
kuga4574 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuga4574 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2013 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Eamonn Eamonn wrote:

Still waiting for a reply, (but salesperson i dealt with is on holiday till the 12th so i'll give them some time ;) )

thanks I would be interested in there answer
Kershaw32 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kershaw32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2013 at 1:02pm

Eamonn what was wrong with carpets?
Eamonn View Drop Down
Kuga 2 X

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eamonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2013 at 3:05pm
they should have had the Kuga Logo in aluminum.. but were plain :(

Kershaw32 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kershaw32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2013 at 5:51pm
Do u mean the mats or the carpet in car?
Eamonn View Drop Down
Kuga 2 X

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eamonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2013 at 7:39pm
the Mats, brochure states Velour Mats with Aluminum Kuga Lettering, mine don't have the lettering  

Kettleman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kettleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2013 at 8:39pm
(apart from having the wrong floor mats, but I've emailed the garage and hope to have a call tomorrow with news that the correct ones are waiting for me to collect).
I've asked my dealer why I haven't got the velour mats with aluminium embossed "Kuga" was told it's pot luck what you end up with so be interesting to see if you get yours Eamonn will be going back to dealers on Wednesday and shall ask again
Eamonn View Drop Down
Kuga 2 X

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eamonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2013 at 9:32pm
pot luck ;) lol doesn't say that in the brochure... 

The Trade Descriptions 1968 is an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom which prevents manufacturersretailers or service industry providers from misleading consumers as to what they are spending their money on. This law empowers the judiciary to punish companies or individuals who make false claims about the products or services that they sell.

Applying a false trade description to goods is a strict liability offence: provided it is shown that the description was applied and was false, the accused has to prove certain defences in order to escape conviction.

Each product sold must be as described, of satisfactory quality, and fit for purpose. "As described" refers to any advert or verbal description made by the trader. "Satisfactory quality" covers minor and cosmetic defects as well as substantial deficiencies and means that products must last a reasonable time but does not give any rights if a fault was obvious or pointed out at the point of sale. "Fit for purpose" covers not only the obvious purpose of an item but also any purpose determined at the point of sale as a result of queries by the customer and assurances given by the trader.

I want the correct Mats ;) I paid for them the advertising says i'll get them Now i'd like them please ;) No Luck of the draw for me  ( or you I hope, think of how much money the dealers will save by putting the cheaper mats in every Kuga Titanuim X...

Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2013 at 9:54pm

snip........I want the correct Mats ;) I paid for them the advertising says i'll get them Now i'd like them please ;) No Luck of the draw for me  ( or you I hope, think of how much money the dealers will save by putting the cheaper mats in every Kuga Titanuim X...
Not to rain on your parade but merely to raise awareness of a similar(ish) incident that befell another KOC member (Bobuptown) when back at the start of 2009 (the early days of the Mk1 lifespan) his Kuga was produced during a period when Ford decided they would manufacture the Titanium without the back seat trays that they were advertising as being included in the car.

I seem to recall (and happy to stand corrected on this) but both the dealership & Ford HQ stood by their comments on the brochure/advertising which stated:
Quote The right is reserved to change specifications, colours and prices of the models and items illustrated and described in this publication at any time.
For clarity I'm not agreeing with the Ford statement by the way, but there is experience on this forum of that statement being used when a lack of advertised equipment has been queried. 

Edited by Gazwats - 11 Aug 2013 at 10:00pm
09 Zetec with factory fitted: parking sensors, xenon headlights, roof rails, tyre deflation system
Feel like adding your Kuga pictures to Flickr?
Toomanycars View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toomanycars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Gazwats Gazwats wrote:

snip........<span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19.1875px;">I want the correct Mats ;) I paid for them the advertising says i'll get them Now i'd like them please ;) No Luck of the draw for me  ( or you I hope, think of how much money the dealers will save by putting the cheaper mats in every Kuga Titanuim X...</span>
Not to rain on your parade but merely to raise awareness of a similar(ish) incident that befell another KOC member (Bobuptown) when back at the start of 2009 (the early days of the Mk1 lifespan) his Kuga was produced during a period when Ford decided they would manufacture the Titanium without the back seat trays that they were advertising as being included in the car.

I seem to recall (and happy to stand corrected on this) but both the dealership & Ford HQ stood by their comments on the brochure/advertising which stated:
Quote The right is reserved to change specifications, colours and prices of the models and items illustrated and described in this publication at any time.
For clarity I'm not agreeing with the Ford statement by the way, but there is experience on this forum of that statement being used when a lack of advertised equipment has been queried. 

Would have to agree.......all manufacturers use this statement to cover themselves, so it will be down to whether the dealer you purchased it from will do anything for the sake of goodwill.......or more likely swap them with the ones in another vehicle if they have one available, and hope the owner of that doesn't notice or isn't bothered as much as you are (just hope it's no one on here if they do that!!).
Eamonn View Drop Down
Kuga 2 X

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eamonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 10:22am
Thought i'd put the update here rather than go off topic on the "delay" thred.

you may remember that when my car arrived last week it was missing the KUGA Logo mats as shown in the Brochure and as it said the X model should have them.. i wanted them  ;) 

anyway got a reply from my dealer yesterday, saying that the mats in my Kuga are what is supplied by Ford at build and the following info

"I am pleased to inform you that we have ordered, as a goodwill gesture, the mats with Kuga logo for you. They should be here by the weekend, I will of course let you know when they arrive."
and 
 "The mats you have are the standard fitment from Ford and we have checked all other stock cars, Titanium and Titanium X's, which have the same. It seems the brochure has misprinted the information, which unfortunately happens from time to time."

so looks like a bit more penny pinching by Ford, but my dealer is doing the right thing and getting me what I want. 

So its a well done by my dealer, they are improving and making me a happier customer..

malph View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 11:53am
Hi Eamonn.
Glad to hear you got sorted. But I always get suspicious (eternal sceptic me) when the phrase "as a goodwill gesture" is rolled out. It usually means either "we've c@cked up" or "we've been rumbled". Both my Titanium and Titanium X had the 'fancy' mats' in.
Lunar Sky Titanium X 163 AWD, Powershift, Appearance/Convenience Packs, 19" and Mud Flaps - Now sold. Now an Audi Q3 211bhp SLine.
RVdB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RVdB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 12:36pm
In the Titanium there are supposed to be velour floor mats, are that the ones with the Kuga logo??
kuga4574 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuga4574 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 1:46pm
If they are available to order that statment is wrong
As i said before after 7 months waiting i want what i ordered
Eamon when you get your mats would you be kind enough to post a picture
thanks
Geoff

Edited by kuga4574 - 15 Aug 2013 at 4:07pm
Tonyb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 8:42pm
I have a Zetec that was supplied without front mats. The Ford website says they are standard but on ETIS it went through the factory with the option listed as "LESS front mats" ?!

I pointed this out to the dealer and they have been ordered "will let me know when they arrive" -ahem - no, I will have to chase as with everything with this dealership.
Eamonn View Drop Down
Kuga 2 X

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eamonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 9:11pm
the Ford brochure states Velour Kuga Logo Mats in the Titanium X  Velour mats in Titanium and No mats in Zetec, but velour and Logo'd available as Accessories  Â£27.00 Velour £90 Kuga Velour,
And yea i'll post photos when they arrive ;) 
Tonyb  as you say they are on the website, someone at ford has obviously cocked up, 

I think dealers are more worried about getting a black mark against them in the survey thats sent out to new buyers after the sale/delivery, they seem to want a "completely satisfied" against the 1st question,others have told me about the dealers wanting this, i'm guessing it probably goes to their bonus....  I've not received my survey yet, but when i get my mats i will be satisfied if I dont Well !!!!! that will be a whole new episode, but i'm sure they will arrive, I think they just want to get rid of me ;), I don't think i'm a pain or being unreasonable, I work in customer services and like things to be right and correct  maybe Ford should try it ;) 

bill3 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 11:07pm
just been reading Eamonns post regarding his mats with the kuga logo on or lack off.

I don't have logos on my mats. my car built in may how many members do have the mats with the kuga logo.

bill
Fredu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fredu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 7:37am
Tit X with mats, no logo
Kettleman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kettleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 9:07am
I rang Ford customer service and was told it's an issue you need to take up with your dealer Ford quoted the get out clause in small print somewhere on brochure basicly saying whats in the brochure isn't necessarily what you will end up getting and what ever is available at factory is what you get,you have to do what Eamonn's done and ask nicely and if as in Eamonns case you haven't filled in the Ford survey about dealer you may get them,and in my case survey done =no mats
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic