New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ALL side bars, side steps, bull bars, bumper guard
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

ALL side bars, side steps, bull bars, bumper guard

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Rup_2018 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rup_2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 12:06pm
Its because on the titanium the trims running around the car are slightly different. On the Titanium the front wheel arch trim specifically on the mudflap attachment, it is different. 

I have just brought some running boards and fitted them myself. I'm no mechanic but i have tinkered with cars over the years, mainly modding them myself. Whilst it took about 3 hours to fit them both (the 2nd board is always quicker than the 1st), it wasn't actually that difficult.

I have the Titanium X and brought the running boards that 'don't fit titanium models'. You can get them to fit but it does involves cutting the existing trim where the front mudflap attaches to the car and slotting it behind the new running board. I just used some tin snip's and cut the excess trim off, making sure i had cut the existing trim below the line of the new running boards, then when i put them on the cut marks fitted behind the new board. 

Sorry, difficult to explain it step by step but its not that difficult i assure you. If you have done this kind of thing yourself in the past its relatively straight forward. I wouldn't advise someone who hasnt done things like this before to attempt it though.
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic