FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

ALL Mk2 Kuga Press/Test Drive Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
ODONO View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODONO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 9:59am
Check this one out one of the best reviews yet !!
http://www.scotsman.com/motors/reviews/kuga-s-eco-boost-1-2818638

Sponsored Links

Jaytate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaytate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 11:00am
Thats the best review Ive seen yet...thanks for posting
Kuga Mk 2 Titanium - 163ps AWD (Moondust) 18" Alloys, Conv Pack, App Pack, Nav / Rev Camera
lizandjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizandjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 1:46pm
Best review yet - everyone should watch it! Congratulations Scotsman on a thoroughly excellent job. (Going to keep it on repeat until ours arrives.. sigh!)
Kuga #2 - 2016 TDCI AWD 180 Titanium X Sport Powershift in Deep Impact Blue with Family Pack
bobw View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 1:19am
Good review but it says in the list of standard kit ' heated, powered mirrors'
I don't think so. They are an option in the convenience pack.
Bob
buzzrm View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 2:20am
It says that the more powerful petrol version can have the powershift auto box. I thought that the petrol version had a "traditional" auto box (and which is not getting good reviews). Have they introduced the powershift box on the petrol version?
ODONO View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODONO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 10:21am
No i noticed that the power shift is only on diesel, petrol auto poor reviews thats why i went for manual shameCry i have got power shift on my mondeo very good.
lizandjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizandjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 10:31am
Heater, powered mirrors are standard across the range, the convenience pack brings power-folding mirrors - I believe that is the difference.
Kuga #2 - 2016 TDCI AWD 180 Titanium X Sport Powershift in Deep Impact Blue with Family Pack
bobw View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 1:01pm
Lizandjam
Ah you are correct. Powered means power adjust in this context I guess.
Bob
tsvetomir View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsvetomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 9:31pm
Stumbled upon this Kuga test drive on an off-road circuit (in Spanish):

Features plenty of diagonal wheel spin, lateral inclines (at one point he had to fold the mirrors!) slippery mud, etc.

Looks like the Kuga did fine, given that it's not a full-fledged SUV fitter with less than perfect tyres.
ODONO View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODONO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 10:47am
ordered April 29th Titanium X
1.6T 2WD frozen white, Appearance pack, Convenience pack,front & rear mudflaps.hood protector,expected july now august picked up Sept 11th.
kugey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kugey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 1:05pm
It's a nice write up, but reading it I doubt very much if the reviewer has actually driven the car, he's repeated, like a lot do, other write ups.
To say the rides softer than the previous Kuga, mine seems a little harder if anything, not uncomfortable but harder, and saying it won't be much good off road, did he try it in the mud so to speak, sure it wont be a Landrover for off road but what small suv will be.
Ford Kuga 2 Titanium 2.0 TDCI AWD 163bhp.Sterling Grey. Convenience Pack. Appearance Pack. Keyless entry.
lizandjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizandjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 1:11pm
Yes and the review doesn't even give the petrol engine a proper critique. It does seem a trend for write ups to copy other reviews and repeat their mistakes. The ones I've spotted are:

1. Doesn't drive as well as Mazda CX-5
I've driven both and the Kuga is not just in a different league, it's on a different (superior) planet!

2. Boot space is below par
Forget the misleading figures quoted by manufacturers, it's by far the best boot for all our family clobber of the many cars we considered before purchasing the Kuga.

3. Petrol automatic is poor and sluggish
Not true - we test drove the petrol automatic before settling on the diesel and I can confirm it's neither poor or sluggish. It was our opinion that the diesel simply suited the weighty Kuga better.

Jamie

ODONO View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODONO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 10:08am
Originally posted by lizandjam lizandjam wrote:

Yes and the review doesn't even give the petrol engine a proper critique. It does seem a trend for write ups to copy other reviews and repeat their mistakes. The ones I've spotted are:

1. Doesn't drive as well as Mazda CX-5
I've driven both and the Kuga is not just in a different league, it's on a different (superior) planet!

2. Boot space is below par
Forget the misleading figures quoted by manufacturers, it's by far the best boot for all our family clobber of the many cars we considered before purchasing the Kuga.

3. Petrol automatic is poor and sluggish
Not true - we test drove the petrol automatic before settling on the diesel and I can confirm it's neither poor or sluggish. It was our opinion that the diesel simply suited the weighty Kuga better.

Jamie

Yes i agree if they made a 2.0 ecoboost with powershift same as my Mondeo i would have bought it without hesitation, but they don't Cry thats why we went for the 1.6 ecoboost 2wd manual,quite inpressed when i test drove it, also test drove the kia sportage 3 times not a patch on the KugaClap  
ordered April 29th Titanium X
1.6T 2WD frozen white, Appearance pack, Convenience pack,front & rear mudflaps.hood protector,expected july now august picked up Sept 11th.
malph View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 3:00pm
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Drives/Search-Results/First-drives/Ford-Kuga-vs-Honda-CR-V-vs-Toyota-RAV4-vs-Land-Rover-Freelander-2013-CAR-giant-test/
I think their assessment of the Mk2 pretty much reflects my experience with the Escape in Canada. Can't comment on the Toyota or the Honda as I haven't driven either of them. The Freelander?..........just a posh tractor imo, dreadful thing. Wallowy, noisy, expensive......I really can't see why people buy them other than for image.

Edited by malph - 01 Aug 2013 at 3:09pm
Lunar Sky Titanium X 163 AWD, Powershift, Appearance/Convenience Packs, 19" and Mud Flaps - Now sold. Now an Audi Q3 211bhp SLine.
Eamonn View Drop Down
Kuga 2 X

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eamonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 3:16pm
Sorry fella I couldn't read it all started but far too like clarksons ramblings to me, can't understand some motor reviewers/ journalists nowadays they have to waffle on about crap which has nothing to do with the car they are reviewing, 

quote "  the xylophone of pronounced ribs which dominates the bows does make me want to take the poor thing out for a slap-up meal." 

what is that all about, review the cars their benefits and features not some drivel like that.. sorry i thinks its probably the worst review I've tried to read since clarksons usual drivel on top gear..

Sorry i used to be a fan of top gear but the last few series have been the worst staged TV i've ever seen and the magazine and articles they write are as bad.. and sadly looks like some of the mainstream journalist are following like sheep Unhappy

Ford Kuga MkII 2.0 TDCi Titanium X
malph View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 3:37pm
Very much agree with you Eamonn, especially the Top Gear bit. Supposedly a car show, sometimes with virtually no cars in it, presented by a bunch of muppets with not a professional driving qualification between them....don't get me started!! Give me 5th Gear anytime! And yes, why don't some so called motoring journalists just 'tell it as it is' without all the rubbish embellishments. Sounds more like one of those pretentious wine reviewsLOL
BTW, good to see your car is now a 'real thing'. Hope you are as happy with it as I've been with my 3 Mk1s over the yearsThumbs Up

Edited by malph - 01 Aug 2013 at 3:41pm
Lunar Sky Titanium X 163 AWD, Powershift, Appearance/Convenience Packs, 19" and Mud Flaps - Now sold. Now an Audi Q3 211bhp SLine.
Eamonn View Drop Down
Kuga 2 X

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eamonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 3:44pm
lol yea a fruity little number with a Bouquet of...........
its wine of course its fruity its made with grapes and Bouquet well that means smells of  lol 

I used to love Top Gear many moons ago even gatecrashed their set when they were at Rockingham Race track, they thought i was with the stunt team they'd employed the stunt team thought i was with Rockingham and Rockingham thought i was with Top Gear, had quite a good day out at their expense lol, but program has gone downhill ever since, as you say 5th gear much more real...

malph View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 3:49pm
Just had a look at the comments under that "review" and it seems everyone is of the same opinion regarding the 'reviewers' journalistic talentsLOL
Eamonn View Drop Down
Kuga 2 X

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eamonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by malph malph wrote:

Just had a look at the comments under that "review" and it seems everyone is of the same opinion regarding the 'reviewers' journalistic talentsLOL

or lack of!! eh? 

Eamonn View Drop Down
Kuga 2 X

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eamonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 4:04pm
just signed up at added my opinion ;) 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic