FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

ALL Mk2 dashcam, reversing camera info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192021
Author
murcod View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murcod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 7:04am
I'll have to have another look. I noticed it last week in the rear vision mirror but didn't have time to check out exactly what it was for.

The etched pattern is different to the surrounding demister, which made me wonder if it's some other antenna?
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
Sponsored Links

Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 7:10am
It looks more purposeful than a heated element doesn't it, but that's what the sine wave looking element under the wiper is.

My wife's Fiesta has the same.

Worth noting the termination for the DAB radio antenna to the heated rear window is on the right hand side, so probably right where the camera is mounted too though anywhere in the vicinity of the heated window will be susceptible. .

Edited by Fillco - 16 May 2018 at 7:18am
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.
David9761 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David9761 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by murcod murcod wrote:

I'm guessing you've seen my posts about the DAB reception David9761?

I was thinking changing the location of the camera from the top of the rear screen to the bottom might help. However, I noticed that there appears to be some sort of antenna built into the screen at the base (a sine wave shaped metal etching)? Does anyone know what that is for?

PS: That's a nice dash cam. I noticed it's got WIFI- can you disable that to see if that's the problem?

Yeah read your posts, I have it fitted to the side of the glass but still no DAB whatsoever. The cable is run inside the tailgate along the top and then down the side. I can see at the top of the Tailgate is the cable for the aerial and wondered the cam power supply cable being in close proximity to the aerial cable would be interefering.
David9761 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David9761 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Fillco Fillco wrote:

Yes the spec and reads like a copy of the Black-vue but with a screen.

Where's that antennae David? Do you mean the ones under the rear wiper? That is the heating element to de-ice the wiper blade area.

The antenna is at the top of the glass, its powered at both ends by 2 black boxes mounted directly above behind the plastic.
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 6:23pm
The antennae is all the element, the topographically incorrect antenna at the top is for AM.

The termination on the nearside is Black for DAB and FM and the Brown AM.

Black on offside is DAB/FM

Its obviously the camera but does get better if the screen is off, and of course as it coming from the camera and its located near the antenna its not easy to screen it from the antenna. It cold of course be the power supply but you say you have fitted filters.

Edited by Fillco - 17 May 2018 at 6:49pm
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192021
  Share Topic