FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

ALL Mk2 dashcam, reversing camera info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18192021>
Author
Chris N View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 7:50am
Hi there. New member here. Have been fitting auto vox reversing camera just above towball to help with lining up my caravan tow hitch when on my own. I noticed that under the rear of the car is a multi pin socket looks a bit like a scart socket. Does anyone know what this is? And what is it used for. Thanks.
Sponsored Links

Ginger_ale View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginger_ale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by murcod murcod wrote:

Have a watch of the below video- they come down from the roof lining above the front and rear door windows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHQyhCAGJ0E

Hmm, that could be a problem 
BigBear View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 9:37pm
Hi Ginger_ale. I’ve been looking at this for my new Kuga. Could you not pop the interior light out in rear passengers area and the roof centre light/ sunglasses holder and feed the cable through there using a push pull method or some long bamboo/ fibreglass poles ? Just a thought.

BigBear.
2018 Kuga Vignale 1.5 Ecoboost Auto AWD. Magnetic on 18” Heated steering wheel.Appearance Pack.
Robertm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robertm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 1:46pm
Hi Guys
After a few suggestions please.
I have hardwired my cam using the nextbase kit.
All appeared ok using fuse 85 and earthing using the screw holding the glove box on to the metal bar.
The camera comes on and goes off with the ignition so fuse is a good one.
The problem I have is, the camera intermittently shuts off. This didn't happen when I was plugged in to the cigarette lighter previously.
There is no pattern to it, could be after 5 mins, could be after 20 mins. Sometimes not at all.
Do you think my earth is a bad one?
If so does anyone have another earth suggestions without ripping panels off?
Cheers
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 2:21pm
I use the metal bar for a negative and it seem OK. Others have used the screw to the left of the glove box under the trim, revealed when glove box is out I believe.
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 2:29pm
I had same problem using glovebox screw, so i removed side panel of dash, lh side of glovebox and used the exposed 10 mm bolt, been fine ever since
Kuga 1,Platinum White Titanium with X Pack
Kuga 2, Panther Black Titanium X Sport
Kuga 3 Frozen White, ST Line,with many extras (and ongoing DAB text fault)
Robertm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robertm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by phoneman phoneman wrote:

I had same problem using glovebox screw, so i removed side panel of dash, lh side of glovebox and used the exposed 10 mm bolt, been fine ever since

Ok, sounds like a plan. Next question, how do you get that panel off? Afraid to apply too much force.
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 4:20pm
It just prises off and snaps back in, easy if you have some plastic trim tools
Kuga 1,Platinum White Titanium with X Pack
Kuga 2, Panther Black Titanium X Sport
Kuga 3 Frozen White, ST Line,with many extras (and ongoing DAB text fault)
Robertm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robertm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by phoneman phoneman wrote:

It just prises off and snaps back in, easy if you have some plastic trim tools

Ill just have to build up the courage to do prise it off.
Ozekuga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozekuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 8:54am
Buy the plastic trim tools, they're cheap as chips from eBay 
2016 Kuga Trend MY16.5 Deep Impact Blue
2.0L Ecoboost 242 ps AWD with Sync 2 8" touch screen
LED DRL's, Mud flaps
Robertm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robertm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 6:47pm
Ok, job done . Good solid earth, all panels back on. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
Robertm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robertm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 6:44pm
Well, i thought i'd fixed it. All went well for two days. Tonight it has started shutting off again.
I'm convinced i've got a good earth. I have pulled the fuse jumper out and replaced it the opposite way around (haven't swapped the fuses, just put the jumper back in the opposite way around).
I pulled out the red connector, and pushed it back in.
See what tomorrow brings.
I really don't know what else it could be? When you lose power, if you immediately press the button on the camera, it comes back on, so power is restored?
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 6:54pm
Sounds like the camera itself maybe faulty Robert!

The metal bar at the bottom of the glove box is bolted to the body near the A pillar should have provided a good negative with a suitable ring or fork crimp under the screw washer.
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Robertm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robertm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 7:15pm
I think possibly you may be right. It was only a cheapy from amazon. Just looked through the reviews and it appears others have had the same problem.
Anyone got any suggestions of a reasonable budget alternative. Cant afford anything too expensive.

Edited by Robertm - 03 May 2018 at 8:46pm
NigelB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NigelB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 7:38pm
Halfords have the highly rated Nextbase 301 on offer at £70 at the moment.

If that is too much, then they have some other budget cameras as well
Coming in July Titanium X Diesel Auto in Chrome Blue
David9761 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David9761 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 7:53pm
Ive just fitted a dashcam on the rear and now have no DAB reception at all. FM and AM are fine however. I have fitted Ferrite cores (started from 1 upto 10 currently fitted) to the cable with no joy. Next I am going to try some copper foil tape and cover the cable in that and see if that makes a difference.
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 8:10pm
And if you move (not remove) the rear camera does DAB come back?

Looks like you either have a poor power supply or camera that doesn't meet AEQ standards. Mind you I don't think any Dash Cams meet the AEQ standards and they should.
David9761 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David9761 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 8:27pm
I will give it a try moving the Dashcam around and see if the DAB reception changes. I am currently using a ROAV Pro and the Nextbase wiring kit.
I have only tested with the cam on and with the cam switched off the reception is back.
murcod View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murcod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 2:44am
I'm guessing you've seen my posts about the DAB reception David9761?

I was thinking changing the location of the camera from the top of the rear screen to the bottom might help. However, I noticed that there appears to be some sort of antenna built into the screen at the base (a sine wave shaped metal etching)? Does anyone know what that is for?

PS: That's a nice dash cam. I noticed it's got WIFI- can you disable that to see if that's the problem?

Edited by murcod - 16 May 2018 at 2:46am
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 5:20am
Yes the spec and reads like a copy of the Black-vue but with a screen.

Where's that antennae David? Do you mean the ones under the rear wiper? That is the heating element to de-ice the wiper blade area.

Edited by Fillco - 16 May 2018 at 5:53am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18192021>
  Share Topic