New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ALL Mk2 dashcam, reversing camera info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login


Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

ALL Mk2 dashcam, reversing camera info

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 21>
Author
kuga4574 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Mar 2013
Location: East Sussex
Status: Offline
Points: 885
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuga4574 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 7:21am
I have got two seperate cameras front and rear both Blackvue
They have just released a new model with a very high spec
They are not the cheapest but when i bought my first one they were in the top ten
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
bobuptown View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!


Joined: 16 Jun 2009
Location: North West
Status: Offline
Points: 2897
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobuptown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 4:20pm
Nextbase has just released a 4K DASH CAM in addition to the other items listed which are both 1080p HD.

https://www.nextbase.co.uk/dash-cams/612gw-4k-dash-cam/

https://www.nextbase.co.uk/dash-cams/rear-view-mirror-dash-cam/

https://www.nextbase.co.uk/dash-cams/front-and-rear-hd-dash-cam/

Edited by bobuptown - 06 Dec 2017 at 4:21pm
Back to Top
murcod View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!
Avatar

Joined: 01 Apr 2016
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 1438
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murcod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 2:19am
This is from another thread but is probably of more use here (it's all in reference to the Body Control Module fuse box under the glove box):

F74 to F81 are "Hot at all times"
(to quote Ford's diagrams.)

F85 and F86 are both switched by the IGN ON.

F59 through to F63 are controlled by the "Interior Light Relay" which should mean they're live as soon as you unlock the vehicle (ie. via remote or door handle) and they should switch off around 12 minutes after locking the vehicle or the last door is closed. So you get more footage from first unlocking through to 12 minutes after you leave the vehicle ie. a 12 minute "Parking Mode".



Edited by murcod - 12 Feb 2018 at 2:21am
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
Back to Top
kuga4574 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Mar 2013
Location: East Sussex
Status: Offline
Points: 885
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuga4574 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 5:57am
I leave both the camera's on when it is parked up when we are out otherwise it would be sod's law someone would damage the car after the 12mins
I had to use the cctv footage to prove I was not to blame for a accident
Back to Top
Ozekuga View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 07 Jan 2017
Location: Adelaide
Status: Offline
Points: 817
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozekuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 10:46am
Originally posted by murcod murcod wrote:

This is from another thread but is probably of more use here (it's all in reference to the Body Control Module fuse box under the glove box):

F74 to F81 are "Hot at all times"
(to quote Ford's diagrams.)

F85 and F86 are both switched by the IGN ON.

F59 through to F63 are controlled by the "Interior Light Relay" which should mean they're live as soon as you unlock the vehicle (ie. via remote or door handle) and they should switch off around 12 minutes after locking the vehicle or the last door is closed. So you get more footage from first unlocking through to 12 minutes after you leave the vehicle ie. a 12 minute "Parking Mode".


Thanks David, very useful information.
2016 Kuga Trend MY16.5 Deep Impact Blue
2.0L Ecoboost 242 ps AWD with Sync 2 8" touch screen
LED DRL's, Mud flaps
Back to Top
Red3447 View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2015
Location: Liphook, Hants
Status: Offline
Points: 26
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red3447 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 12:36pm
Thanks for the info David. Very useful!  
Mk2 Titanium X Sport 2014 2.0 163 in Panther Black
Back to Top
murcod View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!
Avatar

Joined: 01 Apr 2016
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 1438
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murcod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by kuga4574 kuga4574 wrote:

I leave both the camera's on when it is parked up when we are out otherwise it would be sod's law someone would damage the car after the 12mins
I had to use the cctv footage to prove I was not to blame for a accident


I assume you're running a second battery or have some sort of low voltage cut off?

It's too hot where I live to leave a camera running 24/7, I'd end up with a molten lump of plastic. I've had one camera have a meltdown and it was set up to only run with the IGN ON.
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
Back to Top
kuga4574 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Mar 2013
Location: East Sussex
Status: Offline
Points: 885
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuga4574 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 4:48am
No only one battery and I don't leave them on 24hrs unless we are away from home
yes you right when in use the camera's get very hot
next time I go out I will check and see how hot they get in parking mode
Back to Top
murcod View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!
Avatar

Joined: 01 Apr 2016
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 1438
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murcod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 6:30am
I did some checks and F59 - F63 do turn off power at around 12 minutes after the last door closure or vehicle door lock.
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
Back to Top
murcod View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!
Avatar

Joined: 01 Apr 2016
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 1438
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murcod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by murcod murcod wrote:

Test fit whatever you're going to run, I've got a rear dashcam with poor DAB reception. Thats using a Mobius action cam.


Regarding this post, I've got a rear facing Mobius action cam set up hardwired through to the rear hatch (USB cable run through factory gaiter into the tailgate.) Power is taken from the rear fusebox.



Since install the DAB has been suffering from poor reception in areas it was previously perfect. I finally got around to fitting a ferrite RF choke on the cable at the camera end- driving around today I had no dropouts where it would normally have been so annoying I'd switch to MP3's.

I had ordered 3 different sizes and just fitted the one which was the closest fit on the USB cable. So for anyone else suffering DAB or GPS issues (with front cameras) it could be worth trialling.

These are what I'm talking about- various places sell them. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Xmas-10-Pcs-Movable-7mm-Inner-Diameter-Black-Ferrite-Core-Ring-Cable-Clip/32244801884.html
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
Back to Top
kuga4574 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Mar 2013
Location: East Sussex
Status: Offline
Points: 885
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuga4574 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 1:09pm
I think I am going to leave my rear camera disconected and see if the dab is any better
Back to Top
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!
Avatar

Joined: 21 Jan 2013
Location: Wakefield
Status: Offline
Points: 5735
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by murcod murcod wrote:

Originally posted by murcod murcod wrote:

Test fit whatever you're going to run, I've got a rear dashcam with poor DAB reception. Thats using a Mobius action cam.


Regarding this post, I've got a rear facing Mobius action cam set up hardwired through to the rear hatch (USB cable run through factory gaiter into the tailgate.) Power is taken from the rear fusebox.

Since install the DAB has been suffering from poor reception in areas it was previously perfect. I finally got around to fitting a ferrite RF choke on the cable at the camera end- driving around today I had no dropouts where it would normally have been so annoying I'd switch to MP3's.

I had ordered 3 different sizes and just fitted the one which was the closest fit on the USB cable. So for anyone else suffering DAB or GPS issues (with front cameras) it could be worth trialling.

These are what I'm talking about- various places sell them. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Xmas-10-Pcs-Movable-7mm-Inner-Diameter-Black-Ferrite-Core-Ring-Cable-Clip/32244801884.html


Pleased the ferrite worked, that will encourage others to try.
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.
Back to Top
murcod View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!
Avatar

Joined: 01 Apr 2016
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 1438
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murcod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 1:14am
I kept forgetting to fit them (I'm very absent minded Ermm) and literally was about to leave for an appointment, remembered about them and had a spare minute. I took a couple out and put the tightest fit on the only exposed area of the USB cable- right where it plugs into the camera.

I'll add some more down the other end behind the boot trim, where the actual USB power supply is located.

I doubt it's restored full sensitivity, but it's certainly made a big difference.
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
Back to Top
Alanc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 15 Nov 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 31
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 8:15pm
Has anyone purchased the ford reverse camera ?
This is my second Kuga 2017 ST Line X....comes with most extras but no reverse camera?
I’m looking to connect into the big tough screen (sync 2 or 3)

Back to Top
Alanc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 15 Nov 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 31
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 10:58pm
Anyone ?
Back to Top
murcod View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!
Avatar

Joined: 01 Apr 2016
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 1438
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murcod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 1:09am
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
Back to Top
murcod View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!
Avatar

Joined: 01 Apr 2016
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 1438
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murcod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 2:06am
Originally posted by murcod murcod wrote:

I kept forgetting to fit them (I'm very absent minded Ermm) and literally was about to leave for an appointment, remembered about them and had a spare minute. I took a couple out and put the tightest fit on the only exposed area of the USB cable- right where it plugs into the camera.

I'll add some more down the other end behind the boot trim, where the actual USB power supply is located.

I doubt it's restored full sensitivity, but it's certainly made a big difference.


As I suspected, it's improved the drop outs but they're still happening in certain (hilly) suburban areas. So more ferrite beads and further experimenting is required.
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
Back to Top
Ozekuga View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 07 Jan 2017
Location: Adelaide
Status: Offline
Points: 817
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozekuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 7:36am
Originally posted by murcod murcod wrote:

 

As I suspected, it's improved the drop outs but they're still happening in certain (hilly) suburban areas. So more ferrite beads and further experimenting is required.

The ones i fitted help for around 90% of the time but still get the occasional drop out, mainly in the hills.
2016 Kuga Trend MY16.5 Deep Impact Blue
2.0L Ecoboost 242 ps AWD with Sync 2 8" touch screen
LED DRL's, Mud flaps
Back to Top
murcod View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!
Avatar

Joined: 01 Apr 2016
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 1438
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murcod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 12:52am
Originally posted by Ozekuga Ozekuga wrote:

Originally posted by murcod murcod wrote:

 

As I suspected, it's improved the drop outs but they're still happening in certain (hilly) suburban areas. So more ferrite beads and further experimenting is required.

The ones i fitted help for around 90% of the time but still get the occasional drop out, mainly in the hills.


Have you got a rear camera doing it too Rob? Prior the the install of mine I could get DAB as far north as Gawler and down south well out of Adelaide's southern suburbs. It's improved with the single bead, but still drops out going down The Grove Way (from Golden Grove) heading towards Main Nth Road.

At least I know where to do any testing after further ferrite beads are added.
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
Back to Top
Ozekuga View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 07 Jan 2017
Location: Adelaide
Status: Offline
Points: 817
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozekuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 9:02am
Originally posted by murcod murcod wrote:

 

Have you got a rear camera doing it too Rob? Prior the the install of mine I could get DAB as far north as Gawler and down south well out of Adelaide's southern suburbs. It's improved with the single bead, but still drops out going down The Grove Way (from Golden Grove) heading towards Main Nth Road.

At least I know where to do any testing after further ferrite beads are added.

No camera, it's the DRL's I fitted that cause the cutting out.
I've just accepted that it's not a great DAB system, as it now seems to be more a drop in signal rather than noise from the DRL power supply.
Mine also drops out on The Grove Way.
2016 Kuga Trend MY16.5 Deep Impact Blue
2.0L Ecoboost 242 ps AWD with Sync 2 8" touch screen
LED DRL's, Mud flaps
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 21>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.11
Copyright ©2001-2012 Web Wiz Ltd.