FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

ALL Mk1 engine management & DPF issues & info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272829
Author
Ozekuga View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozekuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by tsobo tsobo wrote:

If they fix this sensor, will I notice any improvement in the overall performance of the car?

If you've had the car for a while have you noticed the performance dropping off?
2016 Kuga Trend MY16.5
2.0L Ecoboost 242 ps AWD with Sync 2 8" touch screen
LED DRL's
Sponsored Links

tsobo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 11:56pm
Yes come to think of it off late yes it hasn't been performing that great. Also am I right to assume that I should always drive it at least 70 miles per hour on the motorway, to stop it clogging up again?
Ozekuga View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozekuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 11:59pm
I have a 2.0L EcoBoost petrol so I can't give you any advice on running a Diesel.
2016 Kuga Trend MY16.5
2.0L Ecoboost 242 ps AWD with Sync 2 8" touch screen
LED DRL's
WestCountryKuga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestCountryKuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 7:26am
An update on my issues regarding DPF and DPS fault codes on my 2.0 TDCi 2WD 140.
It went away for a short period, but didn't last. Basically ended up with what seemed like almost all the DTCs associated with the DPF system. "Soot accumulation", "DPF perfomance", "Pressure Sensor Circuit" etc. etc.
It may have just needed a new DPS, and a regen, and all would be fine, but looked at the sort of money a sensor was, and it wasn't much, but wasn't guaranteed to fix the issue. With the potential for a new DPF required, I decided to just cut my losses and found a local tuning garage online which solved my DPF issues forever (plus a complimentary ECU remap to disable DTCs and regen attempts while taking the engine to 185HP).

£450 later and I no longer have any worries about the DPF or EGR, and won't ever have (from a technical perspective) in the future.

Nice bonus is the remap has made the engine much smoother, and MPG improvement on the in-car trip computer is showing about a 5 - 10% improvement. But am going to get real data on the next few fill-ups.

Would recommend this course of action personally if you don't mind the potential pitfalls.

-WCK
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 7:36am
Its a shame that the issues of DPF reliability hasn't been addressed by the manufacturers even retrospectively on existing cars, providing that its not because the engine hasn't had a long run to carry out a regeneration because on the majority of vehicles its seems to work well.

I'm going to be slightly controversial here, pity the problem wasn't solved as it's now contributing to another problem.

Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.
tsobo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 10:23pm
So after my engine warning light a significant triangle came up was worried sick, as anticipated the worst. Took it in and they stated it was the pdf sensor. They charged me 175£ for the privilege and car is back to normal. I am now trying to figure out what causes this and due to my limited technical ability am lost. Car has done 132k driven about 40 miles each way Monday to Friday on the motorway and I normally drive grandpa style at 65 miles an hour as am never in a rush. Could this be the course of my issues to drive slow and reasonably at below 2 000 revs?. Eversince they fixed it, she's been a dream and pleasure to drive.
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 5:33am
Well the sensor itself may have failed and seems to be a common occurrence but it also may have been the rubber pipes connecting the sensor to the exhaust which had become brittle and broken and this is a known problem due to incorrect choice of rubber material but Ford would never admit that. I guess that occurs with all manufacturers, their poor choice design costs the owner in future repairs.
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.
Ant View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 8:29am
How do you do a forced DPF regen whilst driving.....
2010 Zetec 2ltr TDCI 2WD SUV frozen white
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272829
  Share Topic