FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

ALL Mk1 engine management & DPF issues & info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
Author
bobuptown View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobuptown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 12:16pm
But seriously, most  manufacturers appear to have ongoing dpf problems. . . . . .  . . . ."Allegedly"  Audi VW/Skoda/Seat (VAG)  Alpha R, Kia/Hyundai, Honda, Fiat, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mazda, Vauxhall, Mercedes, BMW, Volvo, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, Nissan, Saab, missed any out? Oh even my wifes dream car, a Bentley (VW) so it's no surprise that Ford also have the same issues. 
Sponsored Links

Raymondo111 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raymondo111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 12:49pm
I am sure I read about this problem in one of the Motoring Magazines a while ago, there was a question regarding someone buying a diesel car that lived on Jersey - who have a max speed limit of 30mph I believe. I think the VAG group advise residents not to buy diesel cars because they can't regen the DPF on the Island because of the speed limits.
Kuga 2 Sea Grey AWD Titanium TDCI
Kuga 3 Titanium 140 2WD Frozen White with 18 inch wheels, Convenience Pack and Appearance Pack
Panther Black View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panther Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 6:49am
hi there,  i am having serious bother with mine at the minute with the DPF problem.... lovely suv, fantastic looking and great to drive but truthfully speaking it hasnt been out of the garage since i bought it in february this year..
   2008 ford kuga 2008 2.0 titanium AWD.... Initially the oil service light came on only 3 weeks after buying and having just had a full service i checked oil and fine. then up popped this engine malfunction light.. in to the garage and on diagnostics it shows oil deteriorated..this requires an oil change which has been carried out 3 times already its getting nowhere. the light comes back every 3 weeks or so...ford are now saying it is the driving methods of myself and my wife.. we do average of 200 miles a week and ok some is stop n start when living in town but generally not too bad.. alrite no motorway but this regenerating thing was never mentioned at time of purchase...we already have 10000 miles up in 6 months considering it was idle at house or garage for at least 6 weeks..
 FORD have said they have hit a brick wall and cant advise or help.. i am getting seriously pissed off..not sure where to go from here.. there is currently 50595 miles on the clock giving me with less than 10000 miles to play with under warranty..i know for a fact that if warranty was expired tomorrow, the solution  would be found and it would be a DPF replacement as there was issues early days with these and sales were put on hold...i would love to know how to deal with this as it seems they not bothered,
                                                                                     cheers, marty.
daryl631 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daryl631 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 7:19am
I think you need to contact ford uk customer services
DAJJ View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 7:34am
I would agree with daryl631, the Fords Customer Relationship Centre can be reached on 0845 841 1111. 
kugace View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kugace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 9:35am
black panther try another ford dealer,still no joy ask for the garage to swap it for another kuga

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panther Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 7:40pm
hey der,  i have already being speaking with FORD DIRECT and they told me that the individual dealer cant find a solution and they have hit a brick wall... i am going to contact them again.. the light is on at the moment and i am going in to get it reset in the morning and this time i am going to try make sure the car regenerates with 1 long spin on high revs in low gear every week..if this still persists then time to get forceful...
my situation is little bit awkward too as i bought outside london with trade in at a used vauxhall garage and i came from northern ireland so its not possible for me to drop in to the garage..i am relying on the warranty and listening to their incompetence or unwillingness whichever it is.. i did take to a different ford garage last week and they didint do nothing. they just phoned the 1st garage and ford technical and said its a regeneration problem and didnt give me an answer just the keys back..i  am so sick of them.
                      pls help guys.  
DAJJ View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 4:16am

Panther Black, I personnally would make a call and get a case logged with the Ford Customer Relationship Centre (0845 841 1111).  They are the main contact for these problems.  I am currently discussing a few issues with them at the moment and have found them to be very helpful.

bobuptown View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobuptown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 11:34am
Hi Panther Black   Re: Dealer has hit a brickwall? probably the most inappropriate line anyone involved in the motor industry can say to a customer, although my dealers little gem was  "Our hands are tied"  I'm thinking **%^^*(££$$%???  Oops!!  Sorry I cannot possibly put down in words what I was thinking.  Wonder whether any other members would like to add to these?  I have spoken to Ford Customer Relations  . . . .   Ford Customer Relations, so bad I named it twice, on just one occasion, and to be perfectly honest it was a half an hour of my life I will never get back. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panther Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 8:37pm
hey all,
           a quick update on the situation.. brought the kuga to garage and quick check on diagnostics showing that same story oil deteriorated......they couldnt reset the light because it needs full oil change and they too busy.. i need to wait until wednesday for an appointment time...the mechanic checked over on the diagnostics and ford tech guys told him the pressure reading far too high at 4000rpm it was 700 millibar and normally should read 40 millibar.. dunno need to wait wednesday  and see and if this makes any difference..LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panther Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 5:47pm
well bobup,
                 got her back from the garage and this time they did persevere deeper... they removed the two pipes connected and one was blocked. they steamhosed and cleaned it out and filter....said filter is fine, i.e no holes...oil change and regeneration done and that pressure reading is now back down to normal..just have to drive away and wait and see....what u reckon ? never lodged that complaint but fingers crossed.....
s2nay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s2nay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 5:14pm
my kuga is 11 mounths old engine malfunction light has come on every 3 mounths  ford say they will no longer repair under waranty this will now cost £150 a time to change oil and fillter i do 11000 miles a year and give the car a good run 2500rpm for 20 mins every week it makes no diference very poor service from ford.
skimad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skimad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 9:30am
After 4 months of driving round with my orange engine management light on ,I have had it extinguished by my local ford dealer.Finding out it could have been the filter (£700 + vat)not covered by warranty ,luckily being a faulty sensor which was covered by warranty.I am happy with my Kuga once again
howardjm13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howardjm13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 4:46am
hi hope someone may be able to help having had the same problem, i keep getting a warning that there has been an ENGINE MALFUCTION on the dashboard display, been back to my local ford dealer , they kept my car two days and then said they had found nothing but cleaned all engine sensors and said it should be ok. sadly that was not the case and am still getting warning message, it is going back in next week for a second look , just thought maybe this has happened to other fellow kuga owners and i could point the fitters in the right direction  hopefully howard. 
Kuga titanium x sport , deep impact blue .
gabster872 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gabster872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 1:14pm
We had this problem 4 times in the first month of owning the car.  In the end we rejected it.  Having spoken to the dealer since it turns out it was a loose connection under the dash.  If your still having problems I will do my best to find out what one caused all our problems.  Good luck.
Panther black, con pack,x pack, appearance pack, b/tooth DAB radio,18" alloy and power converter.
skimad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skimad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 2:30pm
Hi All
       My orange engine management light came on and it turned out to be the diesel particle filter sensor,cleaning the censor didnt work.They replaced it with a new censor which is covered by by the 3 year warranty but the filter itself is not!!
BorderReiver View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BorderReiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 3:14pm
Yep I had that happen on mine Angry, It took them a while to work it out and they ended up changing the ECU and updating the software, The orange warning light of doom has not been back since. Smile

Black AWD Zetec
Kevans View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

I like to use an exclamation mark or 2 !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2011 at 3:36pm
I understand this is quite new on diesels? Correct me if I'm wrong!

A member on here said to me it catches all the soot etc! Is that all it does?

And I've also heard about them clogging up and can be quite costly? How true is that? I take it they are designed to last the life of the car or an I mistaken?

What's the best way of keeping it from clogging up?

Sorry for the questions but i just want to understand exactly what it is and does, and how to look after it so to speak and If it actually needs looking after/servicing the dpf from time to time?!
PortKuga View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PortKuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2011 at 3:54pm
Hi Kevans, I beliieve it is only a problem if you go on short journeys, trips into town generally using the low gears. Vehicles fitted with the DPF filters need to driven in the high gears ( motorway etc ) to release the contents of the filter. Sometimes if it is not cleared you will get a strong burning smell from the rear of the vehicle, I got a fright the first time this happened to me.

Portkuga 
2.0L TDCI Zetec Moondust silver, Con pack, App pack Panoramic roof, Illuminated scuff plates. Kuga Bootliner, Mudflaps, chrome side and rear sport bars and Brand new shiny silver Ford DRLs.     

Kevans View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

I like to use an exclamation mark or 2 !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2011 at 4:15pm
Oh ok thanks portuga! Erm I dont kno if you would know but how many short journeys would be bad for the dpf without taking it on the motorway?!

Main reason for asking is I drive 4miles to and from work which i don't really get above 30/40mph all week! And I take it that if you get that burning smell you said about then take it for a run down the motorway!

Have all the diesels kugas got the dpf or only the newer ones?

Surely shout journeys can't be really bad for the dpf, the designers must have had to take into consideration that! My mum won't go on motorways/dual carriageways when she drives! Lol not that she will be driving my car but I'm just saying!

Edited by Kevans - 23 Jan 2011 at 4:18pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
  Share Topic