FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

ALL Mk1 engine management & DPF issues & info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262728
Author
Philrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 8:23am
Hi Guys. For all those with sensor issues. I replaced the DPF sensor to no avail on my MK1. Eventualy I stripped back the short stretch of wiring from the engine loom to the sensor on the battery which flexes with the engine and lo and behold found 2 strands broken. I loosened the wire from its cable ties and reconnected using bullet connectors. and left it in a more flexible state. has been ok since. hope this helps.
Sponsored Links

Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 10:51am
Did you mean 2 strands or 2 cables. I woulds have thought 2 strands in a cable would cause you problems, but the action of disconnecting a connector could have cleaned the contacts of the connector if they were oxidised.
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.
Teddy f View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teddy f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 12:30pm
Right here goes my DPF engine malfunction DIY fix and I hope I could help out.

After a 350 mile motorway journey the next day after a smaller 6 mile run I had the engine management light come on. Instinct tells me it's a sensor, not a blocked DPF after the long journey.
Codes p2456, 2452,246B,2463.
Usual check on all pipes and Spring clips for cracks rips etc... All fine

Exhaust sensors before and after DPF, before DPF a little sooty but not caked, the after was clean as a whistle. Spanner get them out

Removed the DPF sensor located on the battery case (code ending with AA) checked inside carefully with a cotton bud for condensation. Yep small water droplets inside so cleaned and dryed the sensor.

Pressure tested the pipes with a compressor air gun for leaks and that was fine.

Reset the engine management and test drove in high revs 3/3.5 rpm along the motorway for 20/30 minutes and the car was back to no warning lights.

Now 2 days later the engine management light returned with the engine fault again warning, this time with the lack of power. Limp mode

Replace the DPF sensor with a secondhand like for like working part, now you can only take someone's word on this but for £20 it's a worthwhile punt. Wasn't shelling out £250 for a new one or £60 for a fake copy.

Reset the codes and again 20/30 mins 3000 revs along the ARoad and on my next start up the kuga has no more issues. One week later a few 100 miles it's still going strong.

So thanks guys I took all your solutions on the DPF posts to find and fix this particular annoying fault.
spanner555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanner555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 1:29pm
Good post teddy. I'll remember this if I have any dpf issues.
My brother in laws mondeo had problems with the pipes on his dpf a few weeks back. Turned out to be a much cheaper fix than a new dpf.
ou toppie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ou toppie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 5:45pm
Hi All,

Further to my post of 27 July.
I have been doing some research re getting a signal when a regen starts and it seems to me that the easiest way to do this is by having an exhaust gas temperature gauge which will show when the ecu has started the extra diesel input to increase the exhaust temperature for the burn off.
The exhaust temp probe at the dpf has an electrical connector which goes into a harness. Are there any auto electricians out there that can determine how to pick up a signal from this connector to send to a retrofit EGT gauge as well as its real purpose of sending a signal to the ECU.
Mike
Pilarejo
Spain    
Nov 2011, Titanium S,Frozen White,2.0lt Diesel, AWD, Auto, Pan roof, f/fitted Rear Camera, Speech Rec, f/fitted DLR's, 17Inch wheels
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 5:56pm
Oh if it could be that simple Mike and I doubt very much it will be.

The best way of measuring a step change in exhaust temperature without compromising operation of the existing EGT probe would be to fix a temperature probe (thermocouple, PT1000 or whatever) externally as near as possible to the existing EGT and run that to a suitable meter and observe the temperature.

Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.
suzeyp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suzeyp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 8:38am
My 2010 Kuga has engine malfunction light on.  Had a problem with DPf filter a year ago and a sensor was replaced which fixed the problem.  Now the fault coming up is P244c exhaust temperature too low for particulate filter regeneration Bank 1.

Any ideas where to start??
wpecan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wpecan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by redjag redjag wrote:

Hi all.

I have not been on here for a while,but would just like to share my experiences with the fault code P2002 DPF code.

Most of my driving is done on the motorway and always over 30mins.in duration so I was surprised to have the fault light come on after a 100mile journey,I cleared code at the time ( always carry fault code reader in boot)but 2 days later the code popped up again.
So up on the ramps it went so I could understand the workings.
Looking at the exhaust you have what looks like a silencer with a tin heat shield on it's underside,this is the DPF.On the leading edge you will find two rubber pipes fitted to two metal spigots attached to each other with a small steel cross piece.these pipes from the front and rear of DPF then go forward and up to the filter differential pressure switch.
Now for my trick, I removed completely the lower,e.g. nearest to the ground rubber pipe approx 500mm long by releasing spring clips at both ends,now you can drain any liquid from it then get a piece of electrical wire or similar and poke through without damaging pipe.
In my case there was about a half teaspoon of black crud blocking pipe,so therefor the pressure switch was not getting a reading from front of the DPF but getting a reading from the back.Result switch confused.

I have driven the car now for 2000 miles and have just checked for any codes .non found cost of fix £0

2010 Ford Kuga in Vision 40000miles and tailpipes still shining.
wpecan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wpecan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 12:55pm
Engine light came on yesterday. Next day decided to go and buy a code reader. Sure enough started up and light came on but thought I would give this a try before I set off. Off came the tube, a little puff of dust dropped out. Pushed pipe back on then back in the drivers seat, pressed start and bingo...light gone.
Five minutes of time. It has got to be worth a try. You can get under the car to do it without jacking it up.
Many thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262728
  Share Topic