FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

ALL Mk1 engine management & DPF issues & info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 25262728>
Author
DanRom21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanRom21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 9:37am
Not sure which exact sensor but I have sent a message to the Ford dealership and will post a response if I can get one. Still no problems with the car so all good touch wood.

Edited by DanRom21 - 28 Apr 2016 at 11:21am
Sponsored Links

Mattssong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mattssong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 4:54pm
Hi guys,
Further to my ordeal with my Kuga 2,5T petrol.
It was eventually found to be a faulty ECU that had arced via the earth on the printed circuit board.
The ECU was replaced under warranty and no more problems.
Thanks for a great forum.
trip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 1:13pm
Fillco, All the error codes read relate to the DPF
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 1:46pm
Yet the problem is still there with filter cleaned and sensor replaced, thats what I found strange.
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.
hillybilly View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillybilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 4:28pm
Possibly needs a replacement dpd if they go to long they don't clean properly
Lank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 9:36am
Originally posted by trip trip wrote:

Fillco, All the error codes read relate to the DPF

was the sensor mounted to the left side of the battery changed? That was the fault on mine.

After replacement I needed to clear the error codes with a reader, and also perform the oil service reset. 
I didnt do the oil reset first and the error still appeared
Tuppence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuppence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 6:57am
Hi everyone
splashed out on a Kuga titanium x 2011 .... love it and all was going well until I noticed a message flash up very briefly when starting engine .."steering malfunction"  !!!! That is defo something that plays on yer mind a bit but with message gone all seemed to be fine.
Last night went out (about 10 miles) but on journey back and about 1 mile from home warning light came on . This one had audio "bing-bong" and "Engine Malfunction" in a big red triangle and another little red light above it which i couldn't make out as i was too busy in humanoid panic mode !!! I reduced my speed (safely of course), had a quick check on brakes, steering and engine temp. All seemed fine so i gently drove car 1 mile home with warning lights on ..assuming it may be a computer/sensor error of some kind.
When i bought the car (Jan 2016) it came with a 12 month warranty ..... Phew ...glad it got that now.
I will contact all the necessary folks and try and get this resolved and let forum know what happened...... and perhaps more importantly what is said and how i am treated ! 
Shocked ....

Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 9:50am
If the author is wondering I moved the above post out of the Mk1 MPG thread as it relates to malfunction messages and isn't MPG related.
09 Zetec with factory fitted: parking sensors, xenon headlights, roof rails, tyre deflation system
Feel like adding your Kuga pictures to Flickr?
Woodman View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2016 at 4:18pm
I am also suffering a spate of Engine Malfunction Warnings on my 61 plate Kuga Titanium, but when I get them I usually give the car a thrash in a lower gear and when I stop at the location switch off and restart and the light has always gone away. But they do come back and when I am towing it's quite a distraction as no idea how it would cope if it goes into Limp Mode with 1500kg behind me, which thankfully has not happened yet. I will swap to best quality petrol as advised above but this is a real pain with no obvious fix for constant reoccurrence ?

Edited by Woodman - 14 May 2016 at 4:22pm
2016 Titanium Kuga 2 Engine 2.0Ltr 180PS AWD.
KugaNet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KugaNet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 2:07pm
Hello (again) I'm back with a 'new' problem.  The Mrs has a 2011 MK1 2.0 Titanium Manual 163.  Just had it go to limp mode on motorway with Engine Malfunction on the display.  My workmate has a basic fault reader that said DPF.

I know of other cars that have the DPF removed and remapped to run without fault codes. Has anybody removed a Kuga DPF?

Edited by KugaNet - 16 May 2016 at 10:04pm
KugaNet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KugaNet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 5:42pm
Update, code was P2002.  now im learning.
Taking to see a mapper that i know on Saturday with a view to remove DPF and prog. ECU to accept it lets see how this goes.... watch this space!
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 6:59pm
Thought it was a legal requirement that now all diesel engined cars had to have a DPF fitted otherwise automatic MOT fail ?????

Edited by phoneman - 23 May 2016 at 7:00pm
MK2 Titanium X Sport in Panther Black, wind deflectors, bumper n bonnet protector, lots of toys and a big smile on my face
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 7:10pm
Yes if originally fitted then it should have one on.

P2002 is the sensor anyway, so try a replacement.
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by phoneman phoneman wrote:

Thought it was a legal requirement that now all diesel engined cars had to have a DPF fitted otherwise automatic MOT fail ?????
Technically no DPF is an automatic MOT failure and has been since February 2014.

Sadly the current MOT iirc is a visual check only so if Mr MOT Tester doesn't spot the new welding or turns a blind eye to it then a DPF less car will pass. 

It wouldn't surprise me if as part of a future MOT check there's a test for soot and diesel emissions which will flag up whether a DPF is still in situ or not.

09 Zetec with factory fitted: parking sensors, xenon headlights, roof rails, tyre deflation system
Feel like adding your Kuga pictures to Flickr?
2104paulh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2104paulh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 11:00am
Hi , sorry new to this forum.... Wonder if any one can help.... I've got a warning come up on my dash saying 'engine malfunction ' and it seems to be in limp mode ... Is there a quick way of sorting this out , or does it have to be plugged into a computer? Cheers
MA122122 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MA122122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2016 at 12:53pm
I recently bought a 2 litre tdci with just over 36000 on the clock and the engine malfunction light has come on i, I took it Thor a diagnostic check which showed code fault p269F which is an exhaust after treatment glow plug- open circuit fault took it back to the dealer I bought it from they gave it 3 engine treatments and said fault code had gone off ,on my way home the engine malfunction message has just come back on can anyone please help I love the car but this fault is driving me nuts
sweb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 5:07pm
Hi, I'm looking for some help please. I own a 2010 60 reg tit 2.0l tdci. The eml has been coming on for the last few weeks and its also been going into limp home mode. I've had it in the garage three times in the last two weeks and each time they say its fixed only for the problem to occur again over the next few hours. They have replaced the glow plug sensor and also done two forced regens on separate occasions. The AA told me the dpf pressure sensor was showing an intermittent fault but so far the garage has ruled this out due to the code reader. I don't know if its related but about a month before the trouble started i had an oil and filter change. It's driving me up the wall now. The engine malfunction light stays off mostly now although it does reappear now and then but the EML is constantly there. Sorry about the long post but just trying to get all the facts out.
Any help is greatly appreciated thanks.
ou toppie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ou toppie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 2:49pm
Hi All,
Just got my kuga back from dealer after repairs for EML light on. They found exhaust fuel injector blocked with carbon and failed dpf sensor(the one on the left of the battery box) They say that the blocked injector caused the sensor failure!!!! anyone out there in a position to be able to question this.
They also did a forced regen.
Is there anyone out there with the knowledge as to whether it is possible to fit a light on the dash to indicate when the ecu triggers a regen so that I know not to switch off the engine till it has finished. I firmly believe that a good number of these dpf problems are being caused by the driver not knowing that a regen has started and goes ahead and switches off before the regen has finished and therefore it doesnt do its job.
Thanks
Mike
Nov 2011, Titanium S,Frozen White,2.0lt Diesel, AWD, Auto, Pan roof, f/fitted Rear Camera, Speech Rec, f/fitted DLR's, 17Inch wheels
tarmo120 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarmo120 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 3:03pm
Don't know about adding a light.
But I do agree that there should be more indication that a regen has started.
2008 Ford Kuga Titanium AWD Tango(Red)
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 3:26pm
You'd think that if the DPF sensor senses that the DPF still requires cleaning the system would do just that, once the engine had got up to temperature.

The DPF idea is good its just the control side of it and yes it could be handy to warn you as you pull up that a regen is in progress.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 25262728>
  Share Topic