FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

ALL iPod MP3 USB Bluetooth Aux Phone Info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Themancunian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Themancunian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 8:05am

Hi SMC

The cable you want is called "audio cable/vc phone interface+usb connect" the Ford part number is 1529487 you can get it from your local Ford dealer they may have to order it
good luck
JohnK
Sponsored Links

charlton82 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlton82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 8:02pm
Hi just collected my Kuga and can't get my iPhone to connect to the in car bluetooth, the Ford Audio is visible but just won't pair????

Anyone else connected there iPhone successfully or had any probs?

Any advise would be great.

Thanks

Liam
dennersten View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennersten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 8:27am
I have connected without any problems. Try to restart the Iphone.
OS 3.0 seems to have much better BT. Everbody were complaing about the sound when i called them with OS 2.XX
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlton82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 1:18pm
Restarting the iPhone has had no joy either, so annoying
donad4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donad4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 6:11am
Have you installed OS3 via itunes?
andytdci View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andytdci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 8:12am
I thought the iPhone only supported certain types of bt devices and that is why I didn't have bt on my Kuga. Sounds like I made the right decision after this post. My dealer wouldn't commit to saying it would work.
Midnight Sky 2.0 (163) TDCI Titanium with appearance & convenience packs.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlton82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 10:25am
Yes I have installed the new iPhone update via itunes, other people seem to be able to use theres but not me, its not the bluetooth system either as my wifes rubbish old Samsung phone works perfectly (even more annoying).
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennersten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 11:19am
Originally posted by andytdci andytdci wrote:

I thought the iPhone only supported certain types of bt devices and that is why I didn't have bt on my Kuga. Sounds like I made the right decision after this post. My dealer wouldn't commit to saying it would work.

It works perfectly for me with Os2.2 and also OS3
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlton82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 11:23am
I wonder if its actually something wrong with my iPhone? Can you test the bluetooth on your phone??? Or can a shop test it?
andytdci View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andytdci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 11:33am
Apple shops have some kind of surgery for macs etc and my local one will also look at iPhone problems. Does your iPhone connect to other bt devices such as headsets ?
Midnight Sky 2.0 (163) TDCI Titanium with appearance & convenience packs.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlton82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 12:05pm
Havent got another headset to try and connect to unfortunately, maybe I should try and borrow one and see if that works first before going to istore
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennersten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 10:00am
Hmm strange, and the phone works perfectly otherwise? Ypu do know that you need to pair them togetheter also? And there is some kind of handshaking sequence?

If you tried everything i guess your last resort is to reinstall all the software on the phone. Simple in Itunes
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlton82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 10:18am
Have tried pairing phone but never pairs just ends up saying "not paired" how do you reinstall version 3 on iPhone??? Hopefully that will work?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennersten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 11:44am
Check Itunes. There is a button where you can reinstall everything.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlton82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 1:23pm
I did reinstall all settings etc via Itunes but still doesn't work, if it works for some why won't it work for me, the wifes phone works a treat.
Kugameister View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kugameister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 10:26pm
Have you tried renaming your phones bluetooth name?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlton82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 10:44am
You can only change the bluetooth name on iPhones as far as I know ny changing the actual phone name via iTunes, is that corrcet?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlton82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 3:55pm
It finally works!!!!!!!!
I went into iTunes and renamed my iPhone with a shorter name and it worked first time.

Thanks everyone for all your ideas and help.

No need to get rid of the iPhone now

bobuptown View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobuptown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2009 at 5:37pm
Wonder whether any adventurous Kuga owners have tried to fit a USB socket where the blank is? Was thinking that a USB connection may well be in the loom?     Appreciate any advice.      Bob.
Digger View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2009 at 12:45am
I too missed out on getting USB, bluetooth. To be honest I don't use the phone that much.
I do fancy having all my music on a memory stick.

Kugababe has informed me of a "parrot" system that is available retrofit, though I haven't explored further as yet.

On another note, my lad is fitting a woofer to his DAB radio and we are going to take the Sony out to do that, also have a look to see if there is a USB socket of some sort on the back - after all, a trailing USB wire into the glove box is almost as good as having one in the central armrest. Taking the radio out will take place in a couple of weeks.
DIGGER 2Ltr Titanium in Avalon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
  Share Topic