FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

ALL iPod MP3 USB Bluetooth Aux Phone Info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 26272829>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lorrainespuma View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorrainespuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 2:02pm
I dont need to use a y cable for mine as its had the software update that allows full functionality through usb only. I've used both the genuine cables that came with the ipods and belkin cables but made no difference
Sponsored Links

Tony3917 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony3917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 2:53pm
When I try using my hands free to call a number it tells me no numbers in the memory (iPhone 6s works perfectly when I use the incoming or outgoing option). How can I just copy all my numbers over to the memory in the Kuga? Any advice would be very welcome, I don't fancy sitting in the car for a couple of hours keying them all in
Love my Kuga. White Mk1 auto AWD TitaniumX 163PS. All singing & dancing with all the bells & whistles. Personal reg &
side steps fitted. 😎 Tony
wezzemon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wezzemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 11:32am
Just put new stereo in my kuga but blue tooth doesn't with worked on old stereo can't find any info any ideas
Tony3917 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony3917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2016 at 7:35pm
If you get an answer on this , let me know. I have the same problem & don't fancy sitting in the car for hours.
Love my Kuga. White Mk1 auto AWD TitaniumX 163PS. All singing & dancing with all the bells & whistles. Personal reg &
side steps fitted. 😎 Tony
caroll54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroll54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 8:36am
Hi to all , this is my first kugu, 2009 model titanium used. I'm hoping someone can tell me if I can connect my iPhone to the car , I did try a while ago as I got this car a few months ago, I have read old posts about connecting iPhone to kuga , but they mention about them having a port in centre console but I can't find one ??? Any help would be great, thanks .

Edited by caroll54 - 03 Sep 2016 at 9:08am
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 10:35am
The Ports are not fitted to all Kugas, yours may not have one, visit Ford Etis site to check. It is pretty accurate but not 100%. I presume you mean for music playback not via bluetooth connection

Edited by phoneman - 03 Sep 2016 at 10:37am
MK2 Titanium X Sport in Panther Black, wind deflectors, bumper and bonnet protectors
Bjorn Sloppy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjorn Sloppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 10:21pm
I was reading this thread because I hoped to find an explanation as to why the Sony system in my Kuga had stopped recognising devices plugged into the USB port in the armrest cubby. Well, there were too many to go through so I did some head scratching and tried disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes. After reconnecting, the radio was able to once again recognize both USB sticks and my iPod classic.

My theory is that the radio checks for connected peripherals only during a "cold boot" and that having lost connection at some point it had dropped the USB node from its list of connected peripherals. In my case this almost certainly happened because I disconnected the multi-way plug in the centre console while the battery was still connected. Another possible explanation, though less likely, is that it was caused by an iPod cable that I found to be defective once I'd got everything working.

Posting this in case it is helpful to any others that are looking for a solution in recent posts.
64 Tit-X 163 AWD
wilki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 10:19pm
Hi there

I am having real trouble debonding previous phones from my Sony car stereo.

I have followed the below numerous intructions I have found online

-Pressing the 'phone' button on the stereo.
-Press 'menu'.
-Choosing the phone I wish to de-bond by moving right or left.
- Press up twice to get to the de-bond screen and press the center accept button on the dial.

However, nothing seems to happen at this point. Pretty sure the 'center button' doesnt work as nothing happens and nothing gets debonded.

Has anyone else had this? Is there a way of debonding all phones and starting from scratch?

Any help on this massively appreciated as I have hit a brick wall on this one.

Thanks
Nick
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 10:48pm
If I remember rightly its....Press phone button, scroll to bluetooth, ok , scroll to phone you want to remove, and select delete (navigation buttons at bottom) , hope my memory is ok
MK2 Titanium X Sport in Panther Black, wind deflectors, bumper and bonnet protectors
wilki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 10:53pm
Hi Phoneman, thanks for the response.

I can get to the debond phone setting and find one of the 6 phones that are bonded. However, when I press ok (the centre button) to debond nothing seems to happen. Nothing debonds and I try the process all over again. The centre button just doesnt seem to do anything. Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by wilki - 12 Sep 2016 at 10:59pm
wilki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 8:55am
Ok, so the latest is that having switched on my car this morning- All devices have debonded.

However, now I have the issue that its not bonding with my new phone (Samsung S7).

I have made sure the Bluetooth setting is 'ON', but after running a scan on my phone it states that 'no devices can be found'.

Anyone else had this?

phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 10:49am
I found you have to do the opposite, let the car find the phone, then it gives a code to enter into the phone, to complete the pairing
KENDO#9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENDO#9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 7:33pm
Anyone have the answer to this problem?
when stationary with ignition on but not ticking over when I press voice it asks for name
so reply home works ok.
but start ignition as soon as it asks for name and I give it it disconnects me WHY
thanks, Ray
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 10:17pm
I dont use voice, too many mistakes, dont think car understands English at times
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 10:18pm
I dont use voice, too many mistakes, dont think car recognises English at times
KENDO#9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENDO#9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 5:32pm
heelo guys, dropped one here,by mistake I have deleted phone directory , it tells me when I say dial home dierectory empty how do I start from the begining ie square one,it does say my phone is connected thanks
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 7:37pm
Debond phone, switch everything off and wait 5 mins then switch on and rebond phone, all should be ok
KENDO#9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENDO#9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 8:35pm
thanks for your reply,knew someone would know,please recap how do you debond the phone

phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 8:24am
If I remember correctly its Press PHONE, select BLUETOOTH DEVICES (BT), find connected phone and delete, if thats not right you,ll be able to work it out , to reconnect phone make sure ignition and radio are ON and follow this

: To scroll through the menus, press the up or down arrows on your audio system.
1. Make sure the Bluetooth feature on your cell phone is switched on before starting the search. Refer to your device's manual if necessary.
2. Press the PHONE button. When the audio display indicates that no phones are paired, select the option to add.
3. When a message to begin pairing appears in the audio display, search for SYNC on your cell phone to start the pairing process.
4. Select SYNC on your cell phone.
5. Wait until the PIN appears on the phone display. Compare the PIN on the phone with the PIN shown in the audio display and accept the request on the phone and the vehicle display. The display indicates when the pairing is successful.

Edited by phoneman - 26 Mar 2017 at 8:27am
KENDO#9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENDO#9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 9:22pm
Hello all, another question here regarding phone, had a problem so decided to debond all phones on the list, re-bonded my phone ok, now when I say DIAL NAME reply is directory empty?
what is the answer to this, how do I put directory back in
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 26272829>
  Share Topic