FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

ALL iPod MP3 USB Bluetooth Aux Phone Info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Kipling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kipling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 10:45am
 I wonder if anyone can help me with a problem. My kuga I bought in 2008 as only just done 16.700. It has everything including Sat Nav/telephone/ bluetooth /full leather stitched throughout/ two way boot liftup. 18inch wheels sprayed black which my Ford garage did for me,there is a USB in the middle consul and also another one for what the kids listen to there music. It is a Kuga AWD TDC  and is in great condition, well looked after by my Ford Garage, which is a couple of hundred feet from my house. Ok this is the problem I have 3 phones attached and decided to debond 2 of them, however it say no list available, when I get to debond and try again its still say no list. Another problem is that all the telephone numbers are repeated about 5 times. The Garage tried with a new Modual but  that did not work . I am now told that it would need a new audio telephone etc modual which could cost between £1.800 to £3000. The sat nav is perfect and a new update disc has been put in by Ford. I have had this car as ive said, since 2008 and I love it, however I hate it when something is wrong and cannot get right, any advice would be welcome.
Kipling Laister-Dawe
Sponsored Links

Sleaford Shrimper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleaford Shrimper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 10:22am
I have one of the very last Mk I Zetecs, built in September 2012 and registered on 30 October 2012. It came with lots of factory-fitted optional extras, including the Sony DAB radio system with the enhanced Voice/Bluetooth/USB module that gives additional iPod and Bluetooth Audio options on the AUX button on the Sony Radio head unit. In July this year, the Sony AUX button functions started malfunctioning. The Voice function and the sound on all but the CD option on AUX cut out after a few minutes and then stopped working altogether, although everything showed up as it should on the Sony display. My local dealership checked it all out, updated software/firmware and, after "borrowing" an identical Voice/Bluetooth/USB module from a used 62 Reg Kuga on the forecourt that worked perfectly in my car, attributed the problem to the module. They got a new module and installed it. However, although it restored the Line-in, Bluetooth device and Voice functions, there were no iPod or Bluetooth Audio functions in the Sony AUX menu. My dealership has been in ongoing contact with Ford Technical Support who are aware of the problem but have been unable to provide my dealership with a software/firmware update that works. I have been in ongoing contact with Ford Customer Care and finally lost my cool with them yesterday after they refused to extend the warranty if the problem wasn't fixed by the end of this month when the car's warranty runs out. The original malfunctioning module is a CS7T-14D212-AD which was also fitted to S Max, Galaxy and Mondeo models built around the same time as my Kuga. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how the replacement module can be programmed to activate the iPod and BT Audio functions? Apparently, the software/firmware required for my module is different from the software for the previous 8M5T series modules which can, I think, be downloaded from the Internet and installed using a USB stick.
MaoVi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaoVi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 9:48pm
Hello
I have got the same problem with Sony DAB radio. 
When I push phone button it shows "Audio Muted"

Can someone check me my car option ...VIN?
I am not sure to I have got bluetooth ;)

Reg. number: EN09 AVE

I try to do soft reset ( 10 sec hold on/off button but not helps). 
I read about take off fuse number 108 and 112 on 30 seconds. 
What you think it should help?

Thanks very much
Waiting for response
Matt
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 10:07pm
According to ETIS you don't have bluetooth
MK2 Titanium X Sport in Panther Black, wind deflectors, bumper and bonnet protectors
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2015 at 5:44am
Originally posted by phoneman phoneman wrote:

According to ETIS you don't have bluetooth

He says me made calls before so we can assume it has bluetooth. If battery has drained and its reset the problem, possibly 'Bluetooth' staying on for one thing and discharged the battery.
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.
paulharding View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulharding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 4:34pm
Has anyone been using a Windows 10 phone handsfree over Bluetooth in their Mk 1 Kuga (with Ford Sync factory fitted) ?

Does it work OK and what brand & model of phone do you have?  I want to change my phone but I'd be glad to hear any stories about this topic.

Many thanks.
Fithawk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fithawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 2:16pm
Hi all. I've successfully paired my IPhone 6 with my 6000CD headset. It's the only phone in its memory, yet I'm getting unknown numbers on dial? I've checked, debonded, paired again, with the same issue. Have I missed something? Or is there a known problem when using I6? Thanks.
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 9:15pm
My wife's I Phone 6 worked perfectly on my MK1 and is perfect on my MK2, no issues at all
MK2 Titanium X Sport in Panther Black, wind deflectors, bumper and bonnet protectors
Tony3917 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony3917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 12:41pm
My iPhone 6s no problem works perfectly
Love my Kuga. White Mk1 auto AWD TitaniumX 163PS. All singing & dancing with all the bells & whistles. Personal reg &
side steps fitted. 😎 Tony
craig dow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craig dow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 6:41pm
hi all
I have just bought a ford kuga 2008 , went to try and set up phone via Bluetooth as stereo has a green and red phone symbol on it but cant find out how to set it up gone through menu on radio and doesn't come up with any thing , does that mean you carnt use it in car ? thanks for any help , the car is a  
kuga titanium tdci reg on 18/09/2008 thanks for any help

Helipilot View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helipilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 6:56pm
Have you looked in the owners manual?
2016 Ruby Red Titanuim X Sport Ecoboost
craig dow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craig dow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 7:13pm
hi yes I have watched it on you tube , when I push the phone button it just comes up mute and menu button doesn't do any thing doesn't say how to access Bluetooth in manual just says it must be paired to use
Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by craig dow craig dow wrote:

hi all
I have just bought a ford kuga 2008 , went to try and set up phone via Bluetooth as stereo has a green and red phone symbol on it but cant find out how to set it up gone through menu on radio and doesn't come up with any thing , does that mean you carnt use it in car ? thanks for any help , the car is a  
kuga titanium tdci reg on 18/09/2008 thanks for any help

It's a generic radio that's fitted, have you checked to see if the car actually has bluetooth fitted? The Ford Etis site will help you although you'll need the VIN to hand.

Also I'm moving this thread out of the NON Model Specific General Message Area as it relates to a 2008 Mk1 Kuga and I will move it into the long standing and helpful Mk1 thread covering bluetooth and other connectivity issues.

09 Zetec with factory fitted: parking sensors, xenon headlights, roof rails, tyre deflation system
Feel like adding your Kuga pictures to Flickr?
phoneman View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 7:22pm
If you have bluetooth (check via Etis), open bluetooth on your phone and search for devices with ignition/radio switched on. I think it comes up as Ford Connect. Once discovered the radio will give you a code number to enter into your phone to complete the pairing. If you don't have bluetooth the red and green phone buttons are for mute.

Edited by phoneman - 26 Feb 2016 at 7:25pm
lorrainespuma View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorrainespuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 3:51pm
Hi, I'm sure this has probably been asked before but I've trawled the forum and cant find a resolution to my problem. I have a 59 plate titanium with sony dab, bluetooth and both the 3.5 aux socket and USB socket. I have the latest software update which allows me to play the iPod through the USB only. My problem is that before I get to the end of the first song playing it suddenly stops playing and doesn't recognise my iPod again until I remove and refit the cable from the USB socket. It'll then do the same repeatedly round and round in circles. Can someone please help as its driving me mad!!!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorrainespuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2016 at 8:11pm
So after a week of using a USB stick with no problems what so ever, I came to the conclusion that it was probably a fault with my old ipod nano 2nd generation. So today I've treated myself to a lovely new nano 7th generation and loaded it with my music. Just done a short journey to the shop to try it out and after about a minute the music cut off then came up device unsupported! Done this three times in one song before I got fed up and switched it off. Grrr I'm getting really fed up with it now as its obviously got to be a problem with the car, anyone have any ideas what it could be?
murry-the-hump View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murry-the-hump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2016 at 9:01pm
What size was the USB stick? What was it formatted to? FAT, FAT32, NTFS etc

If it works with a USB stick then I would say there are no problems with your in car audio?
(why not buy a 64BG USB stick and leave that in the car full time, iPod can then be used for jogging, in the gym etc?)

Don't own a iPod but do use a 16GB iPhone 5s, loaded with music, and never had a problem with it.
(Sony DAB as fitted to a 2012)

No detail in your sig, maybe some more details of your in car audio may help others?
Mk1 163PS AWD Titanium X PowerShift; Frozen White; 2012; Conv-Pack, App-Pack, 18" Alloys
Wot No Thingy? (well I have never found it!)
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorrainespuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2016 at 9:06pm
Mines a 59plate titanium with Sony DAB and bluetooth. The trouble with using a usb stick is you dont get the same functionality that you do with the ipod and in the car is the only place I ever use my ipod which is why its so annoying
murry-the-hump View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murry-the-hump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2016 at 9:22pm
Are you using just a USB cable?

A quick Google suggest that you may need the "Ford Ipod cable" which utilizes both the USB and 3.5 mm jack socket.

https://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_ipod_connector_lead__f_1529487_c_420.htm

For £23 it may be worth a try?

(iPhones and iPods must work differently?)
Mk1 163PS AWD Titanium X PowerShift; Frozen White; 2012; Conv-Pack, App-Pack, 18" Alloys
Wot No Thingy? (well I have never found it!)
micscave View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micscave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2016 at 10:45pm
I had the same problem in my Mondeo Mk4. Turned out to be a cr*p lightning cable, sometimes when going over a bump it would lose connection. Only way to connect again would be to either unplug and start again or switch the ignition of and back on again. I have to say though, it didn't do it every time, only now and again.

The head unit was the Sony DAB 6 CD.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829>
  Share Topic