FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

ALL iPod MP3 USB Bluetooth Aux Phone Info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 29>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hessisgod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hessisgod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2008 at 6:52am
Well, it did work!
Back into Ford today as its working on and off. The can't find a fault but my radio keeps telling me that my ipod isn't connected. Anyone else experienced anything similar or am I just lucky?
Sponsored Links

MarkeyMark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkeyMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 10:35am
I have read all the comments on ipods and USB in the Kuga, but i was wondering if its possible to connect an ipod shuffle ? - I have seen that its possible with a Nano etc
wiggers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiggers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 4:30pm
It is possible I bought a lead from Amazon With a 3.5 jack plug each end just plug it in select aux and away you go cost 4 pound
rich_y2 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_y2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2009 at 6:28am
Sorry for picking up on such an old thread but I picked up my Kuga on Monday and tried my Ipod Touch in it for the first time yesterday. I hadn't read this thread so I used my standard PC/USB lead plus a 3.5mm lead to connect into the car and the Ipod was visible on the screen and was playing although no sound. A few minutes later it popped up the message that the iPod had been disconnected.

Did you resolve your issues with the 'official' Ford cable?

Loving the Kuga though, this is a minor issue.

Thanks. Richard.
bazandkim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazandkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2009 at 12:56pm
I have a titanium with bluetooth, and the Sony DAB head unit. Unfortunately there was no car available with the USB option and I didn't want to wait.

I can connect the beloved ipod via the provided jack connection, but I really want to use a 'proper' connection, be able to control tracks via the steering controls, not worry about seperate charging etc. 

If I can't sensibly do that, I'm going to need a switched supply in the centre console, but the car seems to have 2 permanent supplies - 1 in front, and 1 behind the centre console.  If I leave the ipod on, that's going to drain the battery. Anyone know where I can pick up a supply that goes off with the ignition ?

I hope someone can help.

BigGeord View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGeord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2009 at 5:16am
You could try this link out may be an idea.

bazandkim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazandkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 1:03pm
I just found something that might interest anyone wanting to connect an ipod.

This neat little device lets you charge the ipod via the normal dock connection, and outputs via the 3.5mm jack conveniently provided in all Kugas in the centre console:
alphasonix%203.5mm%20iPod%20Stereo%20Audio%20MP3/Aux%20Input%20Car%20Cable%20%28retractable%20and%20gold-plated%29.%20Covered%20by%201yr%20warranty
Via Amaxon for the trivial price of £6.99 delivered !  Brilliant !

Here's the link if anyone wants one.

bazandkim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazandkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 2:09am
This should work a treat on any ipod.  You still control the music from the ipod too, so no restrictions (ipod lock) whilst on the move like you get with standard car dock connections.. 
While I was about it, I also tapped power from the rear console point into the console, so there's nothing on display when I leave it plugged in.

bazandkim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazandkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 2:24am
Hi,
No, you still do that from the ipod - As there;s a nice flat space between the front seats, this works well.  Enjoy.

wiggers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiggers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 6:30am
I bought one of these  but still cant control ipod from car controls it also has a mini usb is there a adaptor with large usb to small usb
bazandkim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazandkim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 5:39pm

The usb is for the power.  The unit also comes with a power adaptor to small usb.

The only way I know to get the unit controllable from the car controls is using a Dension unit. - That'll cost around £140 (fitted free by Halfords), but may be cheaper on-line.

leadtrainer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leadtrainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 3:36am
I have just brought and installed a "Kensington LiquidAux" for myiPod. Brought the unit costing £33.00 from Amazon and it powers the iPod from 12v supply, plugs into the Aux socket and includes a neat wireless remote control which easily attaches to the steering wheel.
I can put the ipod out of site in the centre box and still control it from the steering wheel. This seems to give a reasonable alternative to Fords lack of customer care, they should have fitted the USB as standard most foreign cars are now including it. Have just ordered a Kia Picanto for my wife at £5K with the scrappage scheme and it has an Aux and USB socket included even comes with the cable!
Mr Ford take note please.
Hope all K owners wanting to power and control iPods but not got it direct through USB will find this usefull  
ariesx20 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ariesx20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 2:55am
Hi

My awd kuga doesn't have usb though it does have bluetooth. To control the ipod I got a 'Kensington' remote control unit (about £50 amazon or ebay) the wee switch ( about 3cm x 2cm) sits wherever you want it to and with it you can remotely (wirelessly) control the ipod via an attachment which plugs into the cigar lighter, the ipod base plug and the 3.5mm jack in the armrest box.

Use it every day and can control every ipod function. the charger only charges the ipod needsthe power so no risk of over-charging (unlike Ford).

Regards
PJ
Barry Jenkins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Jenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2009 at 2:26pm
I have a Kuga with the built in 7" factory installed SatNav and have been happily using my I Phone via the Bluetooth, with all its functions.

Last week I upgraded to the latest 3.0 software on my I Phone and now, whilst I can still connect via the Bluetooth, it no longer brings up my Phonebook or associated Call Lists etc.

I have tried my phone in my Wife's new Fiesta, which still works fine and my Son yesterday bought the new Iphone 3G S and that works fine with the Kuga.

Any ideas will be gratefully receieved.

Thank you
olicuk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olicuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2009 at 2:32pm
Did you have to/have you tried re-pairing the iPhone?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Jenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2009 at 2:35pm
Yes I already have at least twice.

In addition, should have noted that it is a business phone and therefore, I have something like 1,000 contacts on my phone, which may be pertinent.
pmlewis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2009 at 3:13pm
Barry,

I have an N95 & 6500C and it can take 10 minutes or so before the phonebook & call history appears on the display once the phone is connected, it's a real pain as I switch phones during trips as one is a company phone & the other private and have to wait to be able to find the numbers................

Regards

Mark

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Jenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2009 at 3:16pm

Mark

I agree, it can take time and is a pain, but I have now been driving for over two hours, and still no joy.
smc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2009 at 5:49pm
hi, where can i get the cable to connect my mp3 to the socket in the storage space beside the seats
Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2009 at 5:58pm
Local Ford dealership, online Ford dealer such as: http://www.ford-shop.com/acatalog/Focus_MK2_Audio.html#a1383, Ebay, Amazon, Play.com.
09 Zetec with factory fitted: parking sensors, xenon headlights, roof rails, tyre deflation system
Feel like adding your Kuga pictures to Flickr?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 29>
  Share Topic