FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

ALL iPod MP3 USB Bluetooth Aux Phone Info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PEAPOD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PEAPOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ALL iPod MP3 USB Bluetooth Aux Phone Info
    Posted: 31 Jul 2008 at 4:25am
Hi.

I own the Zetec version with non-sony headunit. I noticed the small jack in the centre armrest yesterday and wondered what cable i need to connect up my ipod. I just want to be able to listen to tracks on my ipod through the car and only want to select tracks through the ipod and not through the car. Can this be done? How much is this cable and were do I get it?

Thank v.much
Sponsored Links

dave View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2008 at 5:51am

Hi Peapod

Something like this would do the trick, should be able to pick up something like this from a local shop I would think
cornish View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2008 at 6:57am
I use the Belkin charger/amplifier cable that I connect to the socket in the armrest via a 3.5mm jack cable.

Hide the iPod in the arm rest and use an AirClick wireless remote.

The Belkin acts as an amp so the sound is really good.
dennersten View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennersten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2008 at 7:07am
Anybody using Iphone out there? How are you using it in the Kuga? Is it possible to steer it with Bluetooth an the DVD system interface?
unklerupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unklerupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2008 at 7:53am
Hi,

I am using iPhone with the built in bluetooth / voice operation, paired up fine and operation fine also.

Only have the standard Ford audio, so can not tell you whether the higher spec video screen thingy is compatable for navigating the iPhone.

Have stored most used phone numbers in the Kuga voice system as using the standard Ford audio to navigate the iPhone contacts is pants. I have 472 contacts and have to use the radio scan buttons to move forwards / backwards, one at a time through the contacts, much easier to simply use voice control to dial a number via either a stored number, or just speaking the number to dial.

Now looking for an iPhone compatable aux jack cable to plug the iPhone into the aux in port in the storage area between driver and passenger seats.

dennersten View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennersten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2008 at 8:02am
Sounds great! Are you using some kind of cradle or holding system (sorry for bad english) or where do you keep it when you are not using it?

hessisgod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hessisgod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2008 at 3:40pm
Hi everyone
Picked up my Kuga Friday and absolutely love it.
My only problem is with connecting my ipod. I ordered the bluetooth with usb and I've got it connected through that. My Sony (DAB) headunit knows its there and allows me to chose songs etc from my ipod as I should, but I get no volume. My ipod volume is near max (but not on max or it distorts).
Anyone got any ideas/ had similar problems/ know what I'm doing wrong?
dave View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2008 at 4:31pm
Hi Hessisgod.
Not been on the site for a while.
Now I'm only having a guess here, I dont have the usb in my Kuga, but
I think the usb is data only to the radio, try pluging in both cables if that makes sence.
Let me know what happens.
Dave
Rspannerman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rspannerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2008 at 5:15pm
You need the audio lead pluged in to the other socket in the glove box and the system will work
applematt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote applematt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 6:16am
Get it back to the dealers... but first make sure you read the audio hand book... most answers are in there to issues like this! 

However, there is no need to have the audio lead connected (headphone jack to mp3 socket in car) as well as the usb as the usb deals with it all - sound, command + mp3 tag to radio screen...

You can even plug a memory stick into the usb plug and play mp3's from there - as the radio is decoding the mp3 and not the ipod/memory stick....

let us know how you get on!

Edited by applematt - 04 Nov 2008 at 6:17am
Regards,
Matt
Cobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2008 at 8:26am
After my ford garage scratched their heads for an hour they figured it need a head phone jack as well as the USB. Bought one at PC world and now the sound comes through.
applematt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote applematt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2008 at 3:19am
So tell me how usb memory sticks get their sound into the radio then... coz they just plug into the usb socket and the radio will navigate the file/folder structure - no headphone socket required!  Something is not correct.... get the garage to call ford technical as this solution is very poor indeed!
Regards,
Matt
kuga user View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuga user Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2008 at 7:06am
hi there....sounds like a fault with the usb connection.....try the other aux connection with a jacklead....also you dont need the ipod volume so hi just half way should be fine because the radio amplifier will select the volume....also just make sure the ipod is selected on the sony system...hope some of that helps
hessisgod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hessisgod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2008 at 6:01am
Into Ford today. Their technicians had to phone Ford as they had no idea what was wrong. I have an ipod touch and apparently that needs a special cable - £20 (moan moan). I get the cable tomorrow so hopefully all will be sorted then.
applematt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote applematt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2008 at 4:48pm
hessisgod, the cable that u use to connect the touch to the pc/mac is the same cable you need for the kuga usb socket... no more no less!
Regards,
Matt
hessisgod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hessisgod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 7:41am
apparently not Matt. I was using that cable and was originally told it was fine, but Ford technical reckon I need a different cable. I'll know this afternoon when I collect it
Black Pantha View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Pantha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 8:16am
You need...part number 1529487 Adapter - Audio.  Has an audio and iPod connector and is nice and short so there are no cables to catch
martychoc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martychoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 8:58am
This might work as well for anyone looking to add
IPOD Connection as aftermarket

hessisgod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hessisgod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 2:58pm
all sorted. blackpantha is spot on!
Its really cool as well being able to chose tracks from the ipod through the stereo. Quality is excellent.

kuga user View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuga user Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 4:12pm
hi there..ive got usb and that works fine but its an mp3 player not an ipod...but i do have to select usb device in the radio menu...hope that helps
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>
  Share Topic