FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

Adjustable Boot Floor explained ...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
roy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 8:51pm
My new facelift model has the adjustable load floor and a spare wheel (UK spec)
Sponsored Links

tgo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 9:37pm
I think as long as you can see those 3 pegs sticking out from the ledge at the bottom of the rear seats (which will be the end supports for the floor) then the floor will adjust

Nobby1963 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nobby1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:09am
Hi,

I must confess to having always been confused by the adjustable floor .....

Can anyone explain to me how I get a flat boot surface with the back seats folded down please ?
Am I supposed to do something with the rear seat base or do I do something to the boot area floor ?
Never managed to do it up to now and I presume that I should be able to.

Thanks in advance.

Nobby.
16 plate Titanium X 180 PS AWD 2.0 Diesel manual Race Red Appearance & Convenience Packs.
tgo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:37am
lift up the boot floor move it forward so the end rests on top of those 3 supports you can see in the picture 2 posts up, let go of the floor, should be level.

Edited by tgo - 12 Oct 2017 at 10:38am
2017 Titanium X 150 Petrol (Manual) Shadow Black - Appearance Pack - Rear Camera - Mud-Flaps.
dexterPicard View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dexterPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Elmo9141 Elmo9141 wrote:

Mine does - 04/17 model

Also has the tyre foam kit rather than a spare wheel.
Beware,

i am told if you use the foam once in those TPMS valve , you need to replace it, so that repair kit will only cost you a new TPMS and probably the work done to replace it.
Curr: 2017 Kuga MCA ST-Line, 1.5 , Shadow black, rearcam, driver ass. pack, park. pack, panorama, Sync3/SatNav, 18" & 19", rails, keyless.
Prev: Kuga Titanium Ecoboost 1.5 Petrol (2015) Magnetic.
Nobby1963 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nobby1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by tgo tgo wrote:

lift up the boot floor move it forward so the end rests on top of those 3 supports you can see in the picture 2 posts up, let go of the floor, should be level.

Thanks tgo I'll give it a try later & report back.
I had been trying to move the base of the rear seats down prior to now so that at least explains why I've had no joy !

Nobby.
16 plate Titanium X 180 PS AWD 2.0 Diesel manual Race Red Appearance & Convenience Packs.
Nobby1963 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nobby1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 4:52pm
Well there you go then !
Decided to go straight down and try it ...... and don't I feel like a right numpty nuts for not being able to work that out on my own then !
I guess I was just convinced that there was a way of closing the gap under the rear seat base that I never even thought about lifting the boot base and resting it on those 3 'feet '.
Only taken 2 Kuga's and best part of three years of ownership mind !

Learning something new everyday Nobby.
tgo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 4:57pm
lol aww well, don't feel too bad a lot of reviewers marked it down because of the 'lip' they didn't know either. it also means you've got a bit of space under the floor for stuff out of sight.
2017 Titanium X 150 Petrol (Manual) Shadow Black - Appearance Pack - Rear Camera - Mud-Flaps.
ric8ard View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ric8ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:55pm
ric8ard View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ric8ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:56pm
only had the car  4 year next week   never  knew  it  did that   so  im a numpty as well
tgo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:04pm
The only reason I know is because I looked at a LOT of review videos on the Kuga when I was researching it, I included the American ones (Ford Escape) and I noticed all their boots were flat and as they are the same car...

I eventually found a Ford video that showed how it was done, then it made sense, those 3 pegs stick right out at you but until you're made aware of what they're for they are ignored. Ford missed a trick not making a bigger deal about the 'adjustable load floor' and all those lazy motor reviewers should be ashamed for not knowing something in their supposedly field of expertise.
Elmo9141 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elmo9141 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:09pm
This video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0Nd8dv7Apw
Kuga II Titanium 1.5 Ecoboost FWD manual,magnetic, Nav, hands free pack, winter pack and more still to find
tgo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Elmo9141 Elmo9141 wrote:

This video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0Nd8dv7Apw

Yes that's the one.
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:10pm
It makes a lovely flat load area, I normally have it level except when I have 4 suitcases in
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic