FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

1st Kuga

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
conno View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st Kuga
    Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 10:35am
Picked this up a few month ago and find it ok to drive not the best gearbox ever made but the car  is comfy and easy to get in and out and is 4x4 also seems to have had every option box ticked at build being a ford ex demo so will do the job Smile.

Edited by conno - 27 Aug 2016 at 11:59am
Sponsored Links

keithmac View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keithmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 9:31pm
What box is it, manual or Powershift auto?.
conno View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2016 at 5:47pm
Hi yes sorry its the Auto power shift box.
keithmac View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keithmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2016 at 10:55pm
I've found the Powershift pretty good to be honest, I pop it into Sport when coming up to awkward roundabouts and that prevents it changing gear half way round (haven't tried gear hold yet).

conno View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 10:42am
Its mainly 1st gear on mine thats the issue its about a long a the word blip and its gone into 2nd gear sometimes with a bang , been to dealer with it but as usual it cant be replicated so its ok but apart from that slight gripe the car is good.
dpluxor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpluxor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 9:43pm
Conno

Nice car, was it a Ford Direct car, very pleased with my recent purchase, a petrol auto. Very similar spec to yours but you have the one thing that I would have l liked (and miss from my focus), that being keyless entry. Oh well, I will just have to stop being lazy and get the keys out of my pocket.

Can't comment on the box, mine is that petrol 'traditional' auto which has its own quirks.
When I had power shift in my cmax, I loved it, I don't know why only the diesels get it in the Kuga

David
conno View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 9:24am
Yeah it was a ford direct car , the box is ok dont get me wrong its just the gearing seems wrong to me but according to ford it adapts to my style of driving apparently ?? .Anyway its a nice comfortable car with all the toys (keyless entry and so on Wink ) and i cant wait to see how good the all wheel drive is in the winter .
hillybilly View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillybilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 10:51am
Do you just start and go or do you start put seat belt on set mirrors etc then go and let it boot up properly
conno View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 1:49pm
bit of both probably but not noticed any difference to the gear ratio !st is all ways way to short.
hillybilly View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillybilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 8:47am
Never noticed 1st being to short ours fire,s through to 3rd pretty smart and smooth even with
1300kg, s off caravan in tow .
Have had a number off passengers comment on how smooth it is.
jumborat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jumborat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 9:06am
Originally posted by hillybilly hillybilly wrote:

Never noticed 1st being to short ours fire,s through to 3rd pretty smart and smooth even with
1300kg, s off caravan in tow .
Have had a number off passengers comment on how smooth it is.

Same here. It sounds like the gearbox needs a software update or a reset back to new. They can pick up mischanges during the first 1,000 miles whilst learning your driving style.
Kuga Titanium X 180PS AWD Powershift in Magnetic.
keithmac View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keithmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 1:52pm
I suppose if they've specced it to tow 2100kg they have to make some compromises.

Hill starts with a caravan on the back would murder the odd clutch with a long 1st gear.

Our 2013 with 55k miles on it is lovely and smooth through the gears.
conno View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 12:45pm
Having owned this 2.0 powersh*t car for over 6 month i have come to the conclusion that this auto box is the biggest pile of cr*p i have ever had in a car, the selector is like something from the eighties , jerky clunky and just horrible ! the gears are just ridiculous 1st is like a screaming banshee when pulling away with a bit of haste before banging into second which lasts a millisecond before going into third which then drops back to second with a massive amount of lag when accelerating !!
blastersump View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blastersump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 3:21pm
Had my powershift for a month now, and I really like it, the only time I take it out of drive is when I have to deal with a load of road humps uphill to the house and I switch it into 2nd gear so I can crawl over them without it changing up or down.
2016 Titanium powershift 180ps in Magnetic 19" alloys Appearance pack Convenience pack Navigation pack
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic