FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

15B35 Recall heated washer jets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 5:18am
Yes this could be a softly softly approach in the light of recent publicity, but its bewildering their data base is so wild as the real owners of the vehicles may actually not be being informed.

Edited by Fillco - 18 Dec 2015 at 5:19am
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.
Sponsored Links

johnnydd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnydd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 7:35am
had my jets changed last week whilst in for a burnt out alternater.

fan type removed. much better 2-jet type refitted. 

mounted on the scuttle plastic, not the bonnet, as mentioned previously  Smile

br john.
KugaTone View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KugaTone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 9:35am
Got the recall notice fr our previous kuga so if anyone on here has EK10TEY It needs the jets replacing
Kuga 4 : Titanium X Sport Moondust Silver
KUGA_KIDD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KUGA_KIDD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 8:10pm
Just looked on the ford site and it reports mine too needs to be looked at, ringing them after the holidays get it booked in and sorted out
Frozen Kuga View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Kuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 9:32am
Hi
Just looked on etis and I've got outstanding field service actions ?

Is this the recall for heated washer jets ?

Outstanding Field Service Actions
::Application: ETIS ::Error: IMSConnect on Datastore(IMS Region) IMS3 is rejecting connections.; ::Instance : PROD_eccvas798.ecc4.ford.com::19.107.6.63; for Transaction--##GOASIS_REQ::User ID: etis::Calling Machine IP: 19.106.166.50

Thanks
MickX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MickX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 2:11pm

My Kuga this week has undergone work as a consequence of a recall notice, issued to me by text message on 15 Apr 16.  However, my vehicle was subject to a fire on 18 Feb 14 which prevented me from driving it.  On this occasion the cabin filled rapidly with acrid smoke and flames could be seen rising from the rear edge of the engine bonnet in front of me.  I pulled over at the side of the road, turned off the engine and vacated the car.  After a short period the smoke cleared and the flames had died away however, each time the engine was started so did the fire and smoke which emanated from the screen washer stalk on the drivers side.  This rendered the vehicle undrivable and it was lifted by the AA to the nearest Ford dealership for repair. The vehicle was repaired and back on the road two days later, with me picking up the full cost of the repair.  The service sheet reads ‘ Check for burning smell.  Found fault with RH heated washer jet element.  Replaced washer jet and fuse’.  It is clear to me from Fords recall action that the original Heated Washer Jet Element was not fit for purpose and now despite my vehicle being outside of its 3 year warrantee period the parts have been replaced.  As a consequence of its failure and ensuing fire I feel that I have been financially disadvantaged by this below standard item and I am questioning Ford if I can be reimbursed with the cost of the initial fire repair. 

I have tried to get an answer to my question twice by phone through to the Customer Relationship Centre (CRC) and through numerous emails with representatives at UKCRC1@FORD.COM but feel that I’m being strung along with questions that do not directly refer to the incident like: how many Fords have you owned and were they new or used.  Some questions are repetitive with answers already given in previous correspondence. 

Has anyone else experienced the same technical issue before a recall was issued?  If so did you manage to regain the cost of any repairs?  What about dealing with the CRC, which I’m finding frustrating and drawnout?

Edited by MickX - 24 May 2016 at 2:18pm
SILVERBACK View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SILVERBACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 1:02am
Hi all,Just had my eight year service and was informed it was due for a recall fix regarding heated windscreen washer jets being faulty,whilst there ford at Dunton sent me a video link showing other faults ,worn r/o/s shock absorber and slight misting of oil under engine and worn out clutch and brake pedal covers at 73563 that's not too bad still not upgraded to Mk2 as she's still doing well .

Edited by SILVERBACK - 19 Jun 2016 at 1:03am
" Kuga Titanium 2.0L - Power-shift - AWD - TDCi - Grey - Roof Rails - Upgraded Spoiler - Side Protection Strips - 2014 - 19"Alloys Wheels - Mud-flaps - Park Assist - Personalized Plates"
Callum82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Callum82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 10:01am
Hi

Can you please post recall issues? I have a 58 plate and my washer jet actually went on fire last year! I was told by the Ford garage that there was an issue with the wiring loom but had to pay 500 with no mention of a recall.

Thanks
Callum
Callum82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Callum82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 10:09am
Hi

Yes, exactly same thing has happened to me and I am desperately trying to find details of the recall so I can contact Ford. I paid Arnold Clark 500 to have this fixed, I was not made aware of any recall.

Do you have details you can share please?

Kind regards

Callum
big al your pal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote big al your pal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 12:45am
Hi I had my car in at Arnold clark  for an other repair when I was told about the recall on the heated washer jets the repair was done at no cost to me Tongue
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 6:18am
Did they say why they were being replaced and what exactly is failing. What they actually say may be important for those that end up with fires under the bonnet, such as MickX above.

I posted this before on here in s similar thread, the Mondeo MK3 had similar problems with heated washer jets burning out. Both mine failed on my MK 3, and while the cables were burnt and shorted out, it actually blew the 7.5 amp fuse. I had no indication that it had failed except that I had now no cruise control and the airconditioning control were not working, both these circuits were also protected by the same fuse. So it isnt as though its new to Ford.

Although these heaters are quite low power at I believe at 25W each, they are on all the time the ignition is on, summer or winter. For the sake of a cheap and chearful clix thermostat for a few pounds, they could have been switched to come on say only below 6-10 degrees or so.

Interesting Johnnydd above say's that the Fan type is being replaced with a 2 jet type. The 2016 Kuga now has Fan type and the 2013 had twin jet type.
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
big al your pal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big al your pal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 1:36am
Kuga Titanium 2009  they did not say why they were being repaired  sorry I cant help you
Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 5:49am
I was just curious Alan, a reason or an excuse, as it looks like MickX above hasnt had any feed back at all.
barks1410 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote barks1410 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 9:15am
I've had a 2010 Kuga since April 15 bought from a Ford dealer local to me. NO contact from them when this recall came around.
On Tuesday this week the off side washer jet burnt out filling the car with black smoke- quite a worrying event I can tell you.
Thanks to this forum I was able to identify the problem as I had no idea what had caused the smoke into the car, I didn't even know it had heated washer jets!!!!
I've now disconnected the loom from the jets cos I don't feel I need them to be heated.

Massive thanks to this forum....Again, massive thumbs down for the Ford dealer...Again!!!
Ian
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic