FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums!

15B35 Recall heated washer jets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
DAJJ View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 15B35 Recall heated washer jets
    Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 3:20pm
Hello all.  Not sure if this has already been discussed, but just received a recall notice from Ford's for the heated washer jets to be checked.  The only issue is I sold the car over 4 years ago and it was a Zetec model without the heated washer jets.

Anyway....just thought I would let others know.
Kuga Titanium X 2.0TDCi 180 AWD, Frozen White, Appearance Pack, Sat Nav & Reverse Parking Sensors
Sponsored Links

Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 3:57pm
 Yes interesting..

One other issue, if Ford used DVLA info, why do they think you still have the car? Mmm
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.
DAJJ View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 4:00pm
Indeed and why send a recall for a car which they know hasn't got heated washer jets?
Kuga Titanium X 2.0TDCi 180 AWD, Frozen White, Appearance Pack, Sat Nav & Reverse Parking Sensors
Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 4:22pm
My Mk1 Zetec had heated washers.

I thought they were standard fit? I certainly don't recall them being mentioned as an option when adding the Xenon headlights I had on mine.
09 Zetec with factory fitted: parking sensors, xenon headlights, roof rails, tyre deflation system
Feel like adding your Kuga pictures to Flickr?
DAJJ View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 4:26pm
Ah, maybe I'm getting confused with the Xenon ones, thanks.
BruceKuga View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BruceKuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 9:21pm
I've just looked at a kuga 1 brochure I have marked 2010, and it shows "Heated windscreen and heated washer jets" standard on both Zetec and Titanium.
June '16 Titanium X 180 AWD Shadow &
June '17 Titanium 150 2WD Magnetic
Tony3917 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony3917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 11:42pm
My 2011 Titanium X has them but not had a recall yet
Love my Kuga. White Mk1 auto AWD TitaniumX 163PS. All singing & dancing with all the bells & whistles. Personal reg &
side steps fitted. 😎 Tony
Morph View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 8:00am
There were 3 types of washer jets on the Mk1 Kuga, so this recall might only apply to one kind.

If I recall correctly, two sets were not on the bonnet, but were mounted on the cowl panel that covers the wiper motor. One set had 2 jets that came out that were later changed to come out in a fan shape.(might be the other way round) Then later a third set came out and these were mounted on the bonnet.

Edited by Morph - 16 Dec 2015 at 8:19am
Mondeo Vignale Estate 2.0 TDCi 180PS AWD.
Kuga ST Line X, 180PS AWD Auto in Magnetic on order.
Morph View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 8:19am
Looks like it could affect Kuga's between 2008 and 2010. So not the one's with the washer jets on the bonnet, but mounted to the cowl panel.

Morph View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 8:24am
Originally posted by Fillco Fillco wrote:

Yes interesting..

One other issue, if Ford used DVLA info, why do they think you still have the car? Mmm

What makes you think Ford's have access to DVLA data?

Data protection!

They can only use their own information/records, which probably only shows who brought the car in the first place. Letter does state:

If you no longer own or have responsibility for the vehicle

Please advise us of a 'Change of Address or Ownership' at the below website. To do this all you need is your Vehicle Identification Number and Letter Reference above. Alternatively please complete the attached form and return it in the reply-paid envelope provided. This will help us contact the new owner and advise them of the check/rework.

Edited by Morph - 16 Dec 2015 at 8:25am
Kugalan View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kugalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 1:00pm
I would have thought if Ford are issuing a full recall (one that shows up on the .GOV website then they hope they are able to access the current DVLA data.

If anyone is not sure if their car is affected, remember they can check on ETIS
2016my Kuga Titanium 2.0 150 TDCi 2wd Eu6 Deep Impact Blue, Appearance Pack, 18" Alloys, Convenience Pack & Premium Sync II Nav with reverse camera
Morph View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Kugalan Kugalan wrote:

I would have thought if Ford are issuing a full recall (one that shows up on the .GOV website then they hope they are able to access the current DVLA data.

Letter says:

Our records indicate that you are the owner of a vehicle which may be affected by this condition

So probably not using DVLA data.

Fillco View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 6:47pm
I would imagine that Ford on a safety recall could have access to DVLA data.
Kuga Titanium X Sport 180 Manual(AWD), Magnetic (with a few extras). March 2016.
Makes you want to drive it, though not necessarily buy it.
Gazwats View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Kuga Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazwats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 9:51pm
I think there could be different levels or type of 'recall' that may or may not involve the sharing of info between the Government agencies and Ford.

The reason for my assumption: we all know that both the Mk1 and Mk2 have been subject to plenty of 'recalls' over time however on the official Government DVSA website there is only one official 'recall' for a Ford Kuga since it was introduced to the UK market in 2008.

So the previous issues may well have been a Ford led 'recall' and they've used the info they have available (ie the first owner from the point of first purchase) and then there's a Government led 'recall' which might incur the use of the info on the current owner from the DVLA.

09 Zetec with factory fitted: parking sensors, xenon headlights, roof rails, tyre deflation system
Feel like adding your Kuga pictures to Flickr?
tarmo120 View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarmo120 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 8:39am
In Estonia, I've never heard of any recalls. But can I simply reject this if it occurs?
I try to stay as far away from the dealership as possible. Only headaches over there.
2008 Ford Kuga Titanium AWD Tango(Red)
Morph View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 10:02am
Originally posted by tarmo120 tarmo120 wrote:

In Estonia, I've never heard of any recalls. But can I simply reject this if it occurs?
I try to stay as far away from the dealership as possible. Only headaches over there.

You'd rather the potential for your car to catch fire than take it too a dealership. That doesn't say a lot about your dealerships!

tarmo120 View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarmo120 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 12:16pm
Yeah, I know. I only go there if I can't fix it myself.
So far I've managed with everything. Except for haldex ecu reset. That was done in Finland.
Local dealer failed to reset it.

Anyhow, I'm fairly confident my car has no heater washer jets. But since I am the first owner after the dealership, they know who to call.
2008 Ford Kuga Titanium AWD Tango(Red)
bobw View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 5:29pm
I just had a recall for this today but it refers to a Kuga I had in 2010. I've had two more since!
Bob
Morph View Drop Down
Kuga King!
Kuga King!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 5:52pm
Just received letter for first Kuga ever owned (59).

Currently on kuga number 8 (awaiting delivery of 9)

Clearly not using DVLA data.

Have informed then that it was traded into a Ford dealer.

Raymondo111 View Drop Down
Senior Groupie
Senior Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raymondo111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Morph Morph wrote:

Just received letter for first Kuga ever owned (59).

Currently on kuga number 8 (awaiting delivery of 9)

Clearly not using DVLA data.

Have informed then that it was traded into a Ford dealer.

Same here, received 2 letters today covering the first 2 Kuga's that I owned a 58 Reg and a 59 Reg both of which were PX'd so definitely not using the DVLA database but do show VOSA on the letters, strange really as I would say that they should be safety recalls in which case should be through DVLA. Maybe Ford do not want to panic people given the number of early Kuga's that have caught fire, and I think I remember seeing something in the press recently on early Zafira's where they caught fire?

Kuga 2 Sea Grey AWD Titanium TDCI
Kuga 3 Titanium 140 2WD Frozen White with 18 inch wheels, Convenience Pack and Appearance Pack
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic